Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What came of this?

In crowdfunded High Court cases brought by Keira Bell and Susan Evans plus another party against the Tavistock Clinic, vis a vis experimental treatment performed on children, Mermaids and Stonewall have been blocked by the courts from presenting evidence due to their lack of scientific expertise.

Court dates have been moved to October.

Reactions: 10

In crowdfunded High Court cases brought by Keira Bell and Susan Evans plus another party against the Tavistock Clinic, vis a vis experimental treatment performed on children, Mermaids and Stonewall have been blocked by the courts from presenting evidence due to their lack of scientific expertise.

Court dates have been moved to October.

In Addition (as I have just seen a better breakdown): Mermaids / Stonewall attempted to be a third party intervenor but were blocked by the judge for having an interest in the outcome of the trial whereas as third party intervenors needs to be impartial and demonstrate expertise in their fields.

Third party intervenors can be a thing in judicial reviews where judgements could have wider ramifications than just for the specific issue on trial.

This is my interpretation of how third parties work:

There is a case that the colour yellow cannot be worn again at all on Tuesdays for some reason at shopping malls in the UK. After exhausting various processes, the opposing person is given leave to take the issue to the High Court for judicial review because the case meets the requirements and guidelines of the court. A third party intervenor could be a professional or even a government department with experience that may apply but not anyone could just coast in such as contacts or friends of either parties. For example, a fashion designer from Yellow Fashion House Ltd would have an interest in the outcome and sway proceedings unlike the ophthalmologist or Secretary of State.

Reactions: 7
Stonewall and Mermaids, the so called experts when it comes to trans issues and especially trans children, are not even allowed to take part in a trial surrounding that very issue. If that doesn’t speak volumes about the validity of the information and guidance they give out to children and their families I don’t know what is. Roll on the trial.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone remember when that “I ❤ JKR poster was put up in a train station in Scotland? And Network Rail removed it and said it was because they had had too many complaints? Turns out they are full of tit.

3BC08521-6B4E-400C-B16B-99022EABA681.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I am not a fan of ‘gender reveal parties’ never did it with my two kids. Just told people after the 20 week scan. But this person is insane. Not everything revolves around the tiny minority of people who consider themselves trans. People do these parties because to them it’s a bit of fun not because they violently hate trans people.

• Haha
  • Angry
I am not a fan of ‘gender reveal parties’ never did it with my two kids. Just told people after the 20 week scan. But this person is insane. Not everything revolves around the tiny minority of people who consider themselves trans. People do these parties because to them it’s a bit of fun not because they violently hate trans people.
God, they’ll take anything and try to turn it into a backlash against them, these extremists. I didn’t have a gender reveal either, I just told family then did a FB status later for friends etc. I very much doubt that expectant parents are out there passive-aggressively trying to get at Trans people with their pink or blue cakes and confetti balloons ffs. They’re just excited about their baby. 🙄

Reactions: 16
Yet again more proof that this movement is rooted in pure narcissism.

Had a further look at this persons Twitter. Breaking my ass laughing at them. An act of violence? And sorry to break it to you but there *are* only two sexes

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha

Oh my god I’ve just had a quick nosey as their Twitter... how exhausting must it be to be constantly occupying yourself with virtue signalling and gender issues 😴

ETA - obviously there are some gender issues but I mean like these sorts of people make mountains out of molehills and actively look to take offence. Wanting to know the gender of your own baby is not violence towards trans people 😂 I’m so done, it makes me angry .

Reactions: 12
What does the red square in a Twitter username mean please? I assume it’s a GC thing?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read the Janice Turner op ed on Cuties (Netflix?) it’s behind the Times paywall so I can’t read.

Reactions: 1
Another I ❤ JKR poster has been taken down, in Vancouver this time. Apparently it had one complaint.

The hell is going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Another I ❤ JKR poster has been taken down, in Vancouver this time. Apparently it had one complaint.

The hell is going on.

I hope they keep it up as it is very poor publicity for their stance (it looks extremely unhinged to declare war on a children’s science fantasy author), and I wouldn’t be surprised if the person who paid for the space got their money refunded.

Are you ready to roll your eyes some more though? Mary Stopes Australia managed to put out over Twitter and Facebook an entire information sheet that didn’t refer to “women” once. Only ”men with uteruses” and “people with children”. They gave up trying to delete replies that contained “women” and did a weepy message saying they were abandoning it, but still mentioned “women” once, but men and people loads.

At a time when Western countries (looking at you America and the UK) are winding back contraceptive and termination programmes for ideological or financial reasons, you would think that Mary Stopes has more existential threats and pressing issues to deal with than getting into the identity trenches.

Actually, identity politics presupposes that it works both ways. I will be specific: the female-specific medical services like Mary Stopes needs to stay out of female-exclusionary identity politics. It won’t win and it could actively harm women’s provisions.

• Angry
  • Wow
3DBBEF46-174F-4E01-B0F8-D5378AC3C128.jpeg

This person has too high an opinion of me. I would literally hold a gender reveal party just for this reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
That persons perception of reality is so incredibly warped. I wonder if people like that have their friends and family on their social media accounts witnessing all the crazy they spout. Most people aren’t even that aware of trans issues to be having gender reveal parties out of spite.

Feels like I’m hitting peak trans every day at the moment. I’ve just read an article about an MTF competing in the women’s Paralympics.

It makes me think of Oscar Pistorius (hear me out here) and how when he wanted to compete with men in the olympics, they made him jump through so many hoops to make sure he wouldn’t be at an advantage to the other Male competitors. Yet when a man wants to compete against women, all he has to do is take hormones for a while, say he’s a she and that’s it they’re allowed to compete. With absolutely no thought to the other female competitors. It’s just another scandal to add to the ever growing list of scandals when it comes to this ideology.

On another note, today is the one year anniversary of Magdalene Berns’ passing. An amazingly brave lady who deserves to be remembered. I would recommend her YouTube videos.

Last edited:
The Marie Stopes stuff is terrible. I haven’t seen their weepy response though. Must have a look for that.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.