Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly worry for the next generation. Critical thinking seems to be dead in the water
People may say there are conspiracies that a government would want to set up a 1894 thinkspeak/newspeak style regime with policed thought, but the younger Twitter generation are managing that all themselves.

Clarity: I am all for critical thinking. I understand people can be genuinely trans. What I do believe in is an opportunity for diverse thoughts to be discussed in a nuanced way, without being piled on for speaking up for women. The trans discussions are of course very sensitive, but is not helped by influencer types telling impressionable young followers that liking HP = could equate to you being a TERF. What a way to confuse and guilt people for liking a book.

Reactions: 6
Any discussion about this post on the Carrie Hope Fletcher page has been deleted because it was derailing the thread! WTF!
That’s absolutely ridiculous, sick to death of it all now. It’s like the influencer mentioned earlier that went to Harry Potter world and she put a disclaimer on her post saying she didn’t agree with JK’s views! Because people actually called her out! Crazy crazy world, like I said before I’ve never really thought about the gender debate but the more I read about it the more it makes me angry. Imagine being told you shouldn’t go to a theme park by a stranger, because they don’t agree with the opinions of the author of the story that’s it’s based on. It really is ludicrous.

People have different opinions, always have and always will. There will be millions that don’t agree with you, suck it up and grow up if you can’t take it!
It gets scary when you can’t even voice your opinion because people will call for you to be ‘cancelled’ if it doesn’t fit with theirs.

A lot of people are genuinely bigots, JK is not one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm sorry I'm so angry right now, this whole discussion being cancelled. I also went into a shop with my daughter (can I still call her that or is that wrong) I bought with my shopping 1 small tin of gin and tonic, at the counter the young person serving me asked her for I.D. I asked why he was asking her, and he said she doesn't look old enough. I pointed out she wasn't she is 14. He then refused to serve me as I couldn't prove that I wasn't buying it for her. I asked to speak to the manager and he backed his employee's decision. Am I living in a bloody mad world? What do you say to these total f***ing idiots?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Are you bleeping kidding me? Are people supposed to leave their children at home when shopping in case the shopping contains alcohol? I'd make a complaint

Reactions: 12
Probably best not to call her your daughter though. Maybe human child but that might also offend those that don't identify as children. Still in disbelief

• Haha
Probably best not to call her your daughter though. Maybe human child but that might also offend those that don't identify as children. Still in disbelief
She can't drink a g&t, or have sex with a male or female so fully understand her sexual orientation yet, but can change gender. Un-bleeping-believable!

She hasn’t yet decided if she likes or dislikes marmite yet, let alone anything else!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I KNOW!!! I'm fuming!!!

It was in the Co-Op.
Oh, my Mum had to go rescue my teenage brother from the Co Op once for trying to buy mince pies...because they contain a teeny amount of brandy. I think it is a store policy and a strict one. :( They then refused to sell the mince pies to her either. I remember my brother being furious because that is what he wanted to spend his pocket money on. I remember Co Op also used to refuse to sell body spray to me when I was a teen. I never remember having that issue at supermarkets.

Here is the thing Fair Cop we’re talking about the other day. It is pretty huge, a political lobby group such as Stonewall has no business advising the CPS, who should remain impartial. What a brave young lady!

Link to telegraph article from April explaining more.
I hope she succeeds.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m actually surprised that the trans community wants to ban drag queens? Shouldn’t they be supporting minority sexuality or whatever? They know what it’s like to be oppressed, why have they become the oppresser?
Though I find it funny that women complaining about Drag Queens were ridiculed and worst by the LGBT community for years but the minute that the trans community complains it gets banned very quickly.
As for Stonewall, a few members left back last year and created LGB Alliance. So it seems some of them are not happy with the charity’s view on Trans people. Whilst I was looking at articles about this spilt (which Stonewall denied) a lot of pro Stonewall people said that the first brick thrown was by a trans person of colour which can’t be corroborate but is preached like fact.

Reactions: 9
I’m actually surprised that the trans community wants to ban drag queens? Shouldn’t they be supporting minority sexuality or whatever? They know what it’s like to be oppressed, why have they become the oppresser?
Though I find it funny that women complaining about Drag Queens were ridiculed and worst by the LGBT community for years but the minute that the trans community complains it gets banned very quickly.
As for Stonewall, a few members left back last year and created LGB Alliance. So it seems some of them are not happy with the charity’s view on Trans people. Whilst I was looking at articles about this spilt (which Stonewall denied) a lot of pro Stonewall people said that the first brick thrown was by a trans person of colour which can’t be corroborate but is preached like fact.
Notice how the more radical members of the trans community often pick on other groups who have traditionally been socially disadvantaged (women, lesbians, minorities, drag queens, etc.) but you rarely hear them complaining about cis, straight men (unless it's the fact that many of these men don't want to date a trans woman). One of the founders of LGB Alliance even mentioned that “young lesbians, in particular, are suffering; experiencing huge social pressure to transition to male if they do not conform to traditional gender stereotypes” so it seems to disproportionately affect women. They push for inclusivity for themselves but often are disrespecting and stomping over the rights of both straight and lesbian women to do it. Disgusting.

Reactions: 15
I'm so grateful for this board. My social media has been flooded with "woke-ness" in every possible way and I was even accused of being an enabler when I didn't like or put up a ton of PC posts (even though I almost never comment on politics, controversial social issues, etc. on social media because I think it's unnecessary to be obnoxiously loud with my opinion and potentially harmful for background checks for jobs). Apparently free speech these days means it's free speech as long as you agree with me (usually being the radical left) and you're hateful/racist/bigot if you disagree.

I would've been slaughtered for having the discussion we've had so far.
Nice to see you here from the Elle Florence thread!

In my personal life I am openly a TERF. I own my own business so people can try and cancel me all they want. Toodles! lol

• Heart
47AB88C4-9EEB-4385-831C-E40AB00DA462.jpeg

TedxLondon recently tweeted about their choice to move from using woman to ‘womxn’

‘Womxn’ is so dehumanising and ironically - given those who use it want to be inclusive and intersectional - appears to imply transwomen are not women.

Glad to see this nonsense is being received poorly.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Is "mxn" also being used? So does this mean they want the word "woman" cancelled out entirely? Why is it transwomen seem to be making such a fuss and not transmen?

Last edited:
View attachment 236525

TedxLondon recently tweeted about their choice to move from using woman to ‘womxn’

‘Womxn’ is so dehumanising and ironically - given those who use it want to be inclusive and intersectional - appears to imply transwomen are not women.

Glad to see this nonsense is being received poorly.

It’s a volunteer-led organisation so I imagine the teenager / graduate student running their Twitter for free has caused a headache for paid management.

The audience that would love the ”x” re-spelling wouldn’t be the kind that would bother to try and fill out a TED auditorium. If girls and women (the real biological type) continue challenging Stonewall, CPS and Mermaids through the High Courts, corporate clients might move onto fluffier and less contentious identity-led charities and organisations.

Haven’t the BBC started distancing themselves from Mermaids, while Asda had to pack in an education toolkit for children that venerated 6 years old boys performing sex acts on adults (Baroness Nicholson is my spirit animal when it comes to writing letters).

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.