Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice to see you here from the Elle Florence thread!

In my personal life I am openly a TERF. I own my own business so people can try and cancel me all they want. Toodles! lol
Nice to see you too! Remember when that troll went into the Elle Florence thread and suddenly started talking about how womxn should support each other. I was gonna go nuclear at them.

Reactions: 4
According to the YEP Project in Australia, women's genitals now include penises. NSFW, albeit the genitals are all modeled in plastecine...

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
According to the YEP Project in Australia, women's genitals now include penises. NSFW, albeit the genitals are all modeled in plastecine...
What the actual f**k

And I assume YEP have produced a similar image to illustrate that male genitalia comes in all shapes and sizes, and some look like vulvas?

If not, why the hell not?

Reactions: 5
And I assume YEP have produced a similar image to illustrate that male genitalia comes in all shapes and sizes, and some look like vulvas?

Not on their Instagram. Here’s a screenshot of their Instagram page.

AD8651C0-3F0E-4F4E-BDDB-7C87F448B71F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1

They have produced a similar image to illustrate male genitalia, but surprise, surprise, it's a vulva-free zone.

• Angry
They did it a while ago for men's health week.

mens health week.png

Nope. Here’s a screenshot of their Instagram page.

View attachment 236925

955 followers? A guy in the next estate to me has an akita with an insta more clout than that YEP Project.

While I like to see the crazy like this, my only concern is giving clout to cynical play wokesters. In the same way Mumsnet’s Feminist section gives entire threads over to solo crazy tweeters and gets used as a badge of “honour” for being mentioned.

It reads like a project a posh kid on a gap yahh would put together and try to win a little funding they would then use to draw as expenses for their next bender.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
955 followers? A guy in the next estate to me has an akita with an insta more clout than that YEP Project.

While I like to see the crazy like this, my only concern is giving clout to cynical play wokesters. In the same way Mumsnet’s Feminist section gives entire threads over to solo crazy tweeters and gets used as a badge of “honour” for being mentioned.

It reads like a project a posh kid on a gap yahh would put together and try to win a little funding they would then use to draw as expenses for their next bender.
That’s a very fair point and I think you’re right that we shouldn’t give too much attention to those with little clout or influence on these matters who would use objections as a ‘badge of honour’

Reactions: 2
A bit more clout on Facebook with 3.4k followers.

LOL! A friend of mine actually did something similar at university - the Students Union was offering grants for people to set up new university clubs, so she and a few mates set up the Take That Appreciation Society (it was the '90s, okay?), refunded everyone's £2 joining fee and went on a mammoth pub crawl with the rest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
A bit more clout on Facebook with 3.4k followers.

Isn’t Facebook that place with loads of fake profiles and bots used to try and disseminate false information like Twitter? With the obfuscation present on social media, I would be interested to know what the engagement for those 3.4k followers are and how many are bot accounts too.

I’ve got my jaded cap on right now but I personally do wonder that perhaps not every nutter deserves a mention.

The setting up a charideee isn’t a new student beer related scam I’m afraid. But my only concern is how could a Take That Appreciation Society couldn’t take off legitimately in the nineties in all things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Haven't read here for a while as it made me angry. I am bleeping raging again. duck the extreme activists, seriously. Someone I follow online, a well known early blogger, Gem Tomlinson tweeted the other day that the "terfs were out in full force" and I had to unfollow her. She has jumped on that crazy activism train.

392DF42B-7C4D-4D96-BA83-C492E921A733.jpeg

If transwomen are women, then why does The YEP project include the one on the far left in a post captioned “All men’s bodies are valid” when they’re clearly a woman (womxn) or whatever they wish to be called? 🤔

• Sick
Reactions: 10
View attachment 237074

If transwomen are women, then why does The YEP project include the one on the far left in a post captioned “All men’s bodies are valid” when they’re clearly a woman (womxn) or whatever they wish to be called? 🤔
It looks like Jonathan from Queer Eye. I used to like him but have really gone off him. He was always very camp on the show but in the last year he has started dressing in women's clothing while physically still being a man. Says he is "non binary" and identifies as him/he but is okay being called she/her too. It all happened very quickly and seems insincere to me. I don't like it. I feel like you can't just cherry pick. It is gross.

I mean...

It looks like Jonathan from Queer Eye. I used to like him but have really gone off him. He was always very camp on the show but in the last year he has started dressing in women's clothing while physically still being a man. Says he is "non binary" and identifies as him/he but is okay being called she/her too. It all happened very quickly and seems insincere to me. I don't like it. I feel like you can't just cherry pick. It is gross.

I mean...
Imagine seeing him in a women's bathroom? Lol.

Attachments

Last edited:
It looks like Jonathan from Queer Eye. I used to like him but have really gone off him. He was always very camp on the show but in the last year he has started dressing in women's clothing while physically still being a man. Says he is "non binary" and identifies as him/he but is okay being called she/her too. It all happened very quickly and seems insincere to me. I don't like it.
I used to really like some of Jonathan's wardrobe, but since announcing they(?) are non-binary, the clothes have been hideous! Beige shapeless tat.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think I’ll ever get on board with the concept of non-binary, it seems like the emo phase of the early 2000’s. Isn’t Nb just someone who, depending on how they’re feeling on a particular day sometimes wears men’s clothes and sometimes wears women’s clothes? Which bathrooms do these people use or does that depend on how they’re ‘feeling’ too?

We should just keep toilets etc segregated by biological sex rather than how someone identifies and be done with the whole thing.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.