Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago my niece went through a "tomboy" phase- she insisted on cutting her hair really short and wore only "boys" clothes. It turns out she just wanted to fit in with boys and thought that by dressing like them they'd notice her. Just a typical teen kind of thing. She's grown out of that now but I shudder to imagine some trans activists telling her she's not really a girl and was born into the wrong body

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A few years ago my niece went through a "tomboy" phase- she insisted on cutting her hair really short and wore only "boys" clothes. It turns out she just wanted to fit in with boys and thought that by dressing like them they'd notice her. Just a typical teen kind of thing. She's grown out of that now but I shudder to imagine some trans activists telling her she's not really a girl and was born into the wrong body

This is what is scary, 100% spot on. Why can’t kids just be kids, why do we have to push adult ideas into them at such a young age. In years to come I bet there will be many trans people that detransition and when they look back they were pressured into it. A child does not know who they are or what they want to be. I wanted to be a fairy when I was a kid.

Reactions: 14
The fall out from this will be huge. It's not going to solve any issues, it will exacerbate them and many more issues will manifest themselves further down the line

Reactions: 10
Right?? With children and teenagers, you're often desperate to fit in or at least have some confirmation that you aren't "strange" and this would've been the perfect "excuse" for why I liked catching bugs, playing sports with boys, and preferred shorts to mini skirts. But I've since grew out of a lot of that (still play a lot of sports with men and like wearing shorts) but I also love dressing up in a traditionally feminine way, have a wonderful MALE fiance, and love wearing new makeup. I am clearly not uncomfortable in my body or sexuality but some radical trans activists would've put that idea in my head if they existed when I was a kid. And at that age, I would've been very confused not as a result of anything I felt, but because of what some people and the media have been telling me. Kids and teens are super impressionable.
And in my case, I’m convinced that I’m autistic (just another woman who went undiagnosed all her life... who then gave birth to an autistic child and the penny dropped). It’s no coincidence that there are scores of autistic teen girls attending gender clinics.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Agreed. I think this is what I find most repulsive about Mermaids. The push that young people can identify out of the aspects of growing up that are challenging, and that it’s as easy as taking blockers. You can’t escape from this just by taking blockers or identifying as trans. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that so many young people who identify as trans often have other mental health issues also or are figuring out their sexuality. Mermaids isn’t the answer. It’s shameful that young people’s mental health support is so inadequate in this country and that so many of the services have been taken in by Mermaids.
Yes. The child I know who is transitioning also has autism. The parents seem utterly taken in by mermaids and are more desperate to get blockers than the kid is, who says they want blockers at home then ‘isn’t sure‘ when it comes to talking about it at an appointment. Yet the parents keep pushing. It’s honestly scary. They are the kind of parents who have zero boundaries at home when it comes to being online and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where this vulnerable child got the idea of being trans from if I’m honest from what I’ve seen (parents are chronic over sharers). Im worried about all these kids who are being sold a lie about how they can ‘become a boy/girl’ especially the ones with overly pushy parents (whether that through fear or something else).

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm so grateful for this board. My social media has been flooded with "woke-ness" in every possible way and I was even accused of being an enabler when I didn't like or put up a ton of PC posts (even though I almost never comment on politics, controversial social issues, etc. on social media because I think it's unnecessary to be obnoxiously loud with my opinion and potentially harmful for background checks for jobs). Apparently free speech these days means it's free speech as long as you agree with me (usually being the radical left) and you're hateful/racist/bigot if you disagree.

I would've been slaughtered for having the discussion we've had so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This thread is a lifeline. We're afraid to speak up on this in real life. Someone once said it was a "feminist echo chamber" *eye roll* but they're not in danger of being cancelled for believing men aren't women.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m grateful too. Since the gender critical subreddit got shut down this place has really filled the gap somewhat, and I originally joined here for totally different reasons😁

Reactions: 12
I’m grateful too. Since the gender critical subreddit got shut down this place has really filled the gap somewhat, and I originally joined here for totally different reasons😁
They've banned so many subreddits recently - some imho justified (the incel communities, violence against women, awful people creeping on underage girls, etc.) but banning gender critical and the donald (who, fwiw, I'm not a fan of) was straight up policing free speech.

Reactions: 8
They've banned so many subreddits recently - some imho justified (the incel communities, violence against women, awful people creeping on underage girls, etc.) but banning gender critical and the donald (who, fwiw, I'm not a fan of) was straight up policing free speech.
Agreed! Even the detrans subreddit was under threat at one point. And there’s still plenty of misogynistic subreddits floating about. All they’ve done though Is disperse all the Gender critical voices from that sub (over 50k members) to various other platforms. We aren’t just going to stop talking are we? Tattle was one of the last places I expected to have this topic come up but here we are!

I think this tweet might be referring to Stonewall? Hopefully we’ll wake up to some news tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I've been reading this thread, and I've already been branded transphobic on another thread. My issue being that as a female and rape victim I said that I don't want a transwoman with a penis to be in a changing room with me. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of any transmen who hadn't had surgery that felt comfortable being in a changing room with males? I got sent a link arc.org which say about 13 transgender women were murdered in 2014. Presumably by men. But am I being transphobic about not being happy changing naked with a transwoman who hasn't had gender reassignment. I really have no problem how people want to identify but feel like I'm going a bit mad trying to put my point across!

Edited to say if you want to dress as a woman if you are a male or vice versa, is that now seen as how you identify?? I'm so confused!

Also I asked my gay male friends what would happen if I turned up at a gay sauna and identified as a man, would they allow me in, their answers we not surprisingly I'd be told to f*** off!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Gosh, just 13? How many women were killed in the same year in the same place? I bet it was hundreds.

Reactions: 6
I feel sorry for young kids who like watching Harry Potter that will be verbally bashed over the head by the thought police for so much as wearing a Hogwarts backpack or whatever, when they won’t yet be aware of the trans discussions. I wish people could stop claiming the author and their work can be divorced. Let people enjoy the wizarding world. FFS. It’s silly to see influencers almost falling over themselves to write a dissertation on political and social issues just to offset them posting a picture of them enjoying the freebie pass for the WB studio tour *cough Louise Pentland cough*, or selling HP - inspired merch yet donating to trans charities *cough Lucy cough*. If you feel that strongly that you have to donate every time you mention HP, then don’t give the franchise any attention. Stop accepting freebies then. Carrie and Louise just look silly here.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What a headline 🙄 so a person who is biologically female but calls themselves a man has given birth.
Honestly sick of the whole “man gives birth” spiel. There’s nothing special or unusual about a female with female reproductive parts carrying a child and giving birth, regardless of how they identify.

Any discussion about this post on the Carrie Hope Fletcher page has been deleted because it was derailing the thread! WTF!
It didn’t take camera crews and actors to write the books, which is what became famous in the first place. Smh at these people who seem to think only the films exist and nothing else. JKR is and always will be the creator of the Harry Potter universe and there’s plenty of people out there who will ensure she is always acknowledged for her work.

And again with the whole ‘denying existence’ thing. She didn’t deny anyone’s existence and I’m sick of hearing that phrase. Such a buzzword at this point. I doubt anyone knows what it actually means.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
They really have no bloody clue! I now understand the phase snowflakes!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.