Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this on Twitter, is it true or a mock up? Some of these ‘signs’ are normal behaviour, such as playing with ‘boys toys’ if your a girl for example and some of them are highly questionable. How is dyslexia related to being a sign for trans? And the second to last point reads as highly offensive.
35D1ED51-36BC-4B91-8676-60F4595F52F6.jpeg
3A79FED1-3EB9-4729-AD99-D7EE2A892DF9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I was such an impressionable teen I would so have been taken in by it all. Even though I’ve never once thought I should be male.

Reactions: 11
All teenagers are impressionable by nature, and some more so than others. Most will do anything to fit in. It's so sad that these teens are being targeted by those with a nefarious agenda.

I've fallen down a Twitter rabbit hole tonight. News publications have been vilified by TRAs for "dead naming" Barbie Kardashian. Time to rethink priorities

• Wow
What an offensive comparison. Unsurprisingly, India has now protected her Twitter. This is far worse than anything JKR has said
I didn’t think India could sink any lower after they said on their celeb bb promo vid that trans women were “the new suffragettes”. I’ll always remember that because it was one of my early ‘peak trans’ moments. Then this happens.

Reactions: 8
Okay sorry if this offends any UK posters here but this made me so angry.. What xenophobic nonsense. I don't need to "wind my neck in", I can think for myself and I can see the dangers of the modern trans ideology. Implying Irish women can't think for themselves. And I'm sure outside of your Twitter bubble, you'll find many women feel the same as me.

And the Brexit land comment is baffling. This idiot then goes on to say that they follow the "feminism ideals" of American cis women". So.... the UK is Brexit land but the US isn't Trump land? Okay then. I mean it's not like the US has ever been the cause of any problems ever... But hey, be selective on judging a country's population by its politics to suit your argument. The stupidity of these idiots is staggering

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Okay sorry if this offends any UK posters here but this made me so angry.. What xenophobic nonsense. I don't need to "wind my neck in", I can think for myself and I can see the dangers of the modern trans ideology. Implying Irish women can't think for themselves. And I'm sure outside of your Twitter bubble, you'll find many women feel the same as me.

And the Brexit land comment is baffling. This idiot then goes on to say that they follow the "feminism ideals" of American cis women". So.... the UK is Brexit land but the US isn't Trump land? Okay then. I mean it's not like the US has ever been the cause of any problems ever... But hey, be selective on judging a country's population by its politics to suit your argument. The stupidity of these idiots is staggering
I had to read their tweets a couple times to try to understand their nonsense. Are they trying to say British feminism isn't real feminism because of colonisation? That's a new one. What a reach! I guess they'll tell themselves anything to make themselves feel superior.

Also there's a lot of Irish feminists bitterly disappinted in the Repeal lot who are swallowing this kool aid. Check out 'The Countess Didn't Fight for This' and 'Radicailíní' on Twitter for some quality Irish feminism 💪🏻

Reactions: 14

I really don’t even understand what the point is here. We can’t talk about feminism being about liberating women because our ancestors were slave owners? In that case isn’t even more important that we work towards liberating women? If we all thought like this nothing would ever change anywhere...not to mention gender critical philosophy isn’t a British thing, there is a big movement in America, I’m sure other places too. To me it’s inconsequential where someone is from, we all have to work together.

Exactly, it's a really daft point to make.
It’s another way of getting you to conform. ‘We don’t think like that here, we’re better than them.’ In the same vein as ‘you’re not a feminist if you exclude trans people’ because that means you’re not ‘one of us.’ The threat of othering is a powerful one and sadly many will fall foul of it

Reactions: 7

Gender critical feminism = colonial oppressive ideology

Well, it makes a change from calling gender critical feminists, men hating, misandrist, homophobic, transphobic, racist, privileged, terf, Karen, witch etc. Not sure where it leaves the likes of Alison Bailey for example. ”White adjacent“, and therefore racist to channel Titania McGrath, perhaps.

Flinging baseless insults is the core rhetorical device of the TRA side of the aisle. Attempting to shame Irish gender critics by accusing them of some sort of anti nationalistic betrayal, that’s a bit funny. I’m assuming the tweeter is too young and / or ignorant to remember the history of sectarianism in Ireland (north and south) to fling that particular baggage around.

Notwithstanding the irrationality of being keen to throw Irish women’s hard won rights away just to stick it to the Terfy colonial English, a significant proportion of which are only vaguely aware of what happens in Ireland at the best of times.

No offence to my Irish cousins, both literal and figurative. Back in the nineties, Irish history in my area was a brief month-long sojourn before resuming studying the interwar period between the World Wars, and the news was the odd BBC bulletin about marches and counter marches and IRA car bombs in the Square Mile. Younger friends and relatives since have had similar experiences but without the news reports.

Reactions: 9
There's a very specific type of woke Irish Twitter feminist- @jewelkitty knows what I mean. They think that the abortion referendum was down to them and their hashtags on Twitter and their Repeal bloody jumper. Never mind the feminists that had been fighting for this years before they were born. (I'm pro choice by the way) Those idiots think they invented feminism and they think it's theirs to give away to men

• Heart
There's a very specific type of woke Irish Twitter feminist- @jewelkitty knows what I mean. They think that the abortion referendum was down to them and their hashtags on Twitter and their Repeal bloody jumper. Never mind the feminists that had been fighting for this years before they were born. (I'm pro choice by the way) Those idiots think they invented feminism and they think it's theirs to give away to men
I unfortunately know this person you are tlking about shoes and all and its all narcissism dressed up as activism

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.