Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I explained this a while back so I apologise if I’n repeating myself but it also relates to the permanence of the decision. So in law child autonomy is viewed as being a spectrum that once you turn 18 you are considered fully autonomous (if mentally competent). This is why for example children can consent to say, antibiotics without their parents being involved but they cannot refuse a life-saving blood transfusion because it would result in permanent death. This is why I personally think puberty blockers are so different to normal treatment that it would justify a departure from the normal law, which is that a competent child can consent to a treatment offered by a medical professional. Despite this, children under 16 still need parental consent to take part in a clinical trial involving an investigational medicinal product (aka a new drug or one tested for a new purpose) and this seems the same to me - PBs are experimental and lacking the longitudinal data that would speak to how permanent or not the decision is, so how can children make that decision?
Also aren't doctors unwilling to let women in their 20's and 30's be sterilised if they don't have children and don't want children because they might change their mind in future?

Don't see how puberty blockers, we don't know the long term effects of are any different?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My friend had 5 children and they didn’t want to sterilise her and she had to fight for it. Obviously she needed to say she was male to make that decision.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Also aren't doctors unwilling to let women in their 20's and 30's be sterilised if they don't have children and don't want children because they might change their mind in future?

Don't see how puberty blockers, we don't know the long term effects of are any different?
yeah I knowa woman who tried to do this, they were refused,(what if your partner wants a child) then the doctor insisited the male partner came in for the appointment. In the end she had it, but she was a 35 year old woman who had never wanted children and was with a long term live in partner sick of taking the pill!

Reactions: 7
I see EP in that interview with Oprah is also pushing the "trans kids will kill themselves" narrative. Why do they keep telling children they have no other option that suicide?! It's sick.

EP also looks so, so physically unwell.

Reactions: 20
yeah I knowa woman who tried to do this, they were refused,(what if your partner wants a child) then the doctor insisited the male partner came in for the appointment. In the end she had it, but she was a 35 year old woman who had never wanted children and was with a long term live in partner sick of taking the pill!
There was a lady in the news who needed this - had endemetriosis so bad she was really disabled by it - I think using a wheelchair? She was 25ish and did want kids but her condition was so debilitating and she had decided she wanted the surgery but the doctors wouldn't allow it even though it was ruining her life.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I see EP in that interview with Oprah is also pushing the "trans kids will kill themselves" narrative. Why do they keep telling children they have no other option that suicide?! It's sick.

EP also looks so, so physically unwell.
It’s really messed up isn’t it? There is no evidence of an epidemic of trans teenagers killing themselves on a huge scale, but these vulnerable young people are encouraged (shockingly often by adults) to use the threat of suicide to speed up their medical pathway. All that, “I’d rather have a live daughter than a dead son” stuff is emotive nonsense designed to make us think that puberty blockers and surgery will magically alleviate the distress of these mentally fragile people. Recent research has shown that transitioning doesn’t provide the panacea for whatever mental distress these young people are going through.
And as for Ellen Page, if anyone can honestly tell me looking at this clearly ill and unhappy young woman, that she is somehow being her ‘authentic self’ or whatever bollocks they call it, then they are as sadly deluded as she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Holy tit. So while Jesse Singal and Katie Herzog were losing their mind over Graham Linehan's Her app stunt (and missing the point of it) this was the happening behind the scenes at Her app

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Holy tit. So while Jesse Singal and Katie Herzog were losing their mind over Graham Linehan's Her app stunt (and missing the point of it) this was the happening behind the scenes at Her app

With testosterone HRT, folx can expect changes such as facial and body hair growth or a deeper voice, along with other shifts, depending on the person. More and more now, we’re seeing folx who are interested in subtle changes, or those who want to ease into changes to slowly see how they feel, opting for microdosing testosterone.
FFS, as a woman who naturally has had a lot of facial/body hair and a deep(er than typical) voice since puberty... it really sucks, big time, and it shouldn't be marketed to confused women who might find they cause permanent damage that they struggle to cope with for the rest of their lives. I'm so annoyed about this. Those aren't 'subtle changes.'

I was considering signing up to HER once the pandemic was over but they can do one.

Reactions: 8

Attachments

Reactions: 18
In response to Noel Clarke, I've seen a lot of transwomen around social media talking about sexual harassment against women and women not being believed, etc. What do you know about being a woman? Have you ever been sexually harassed / assaulted because you were a woman - I doubt it. I've also seen quite a few pro-trans types retweeting and promoting comments from Black women talking about Clarke, and saying they should be the ones to be heard on the subject. Do you support Black women when TRAs come out with "if they're women so are we!"

Reactions: 10
Just briefly saw some women’s golf and the female commentator kept going on about the golfers smiling - smiling when they won, keeping smiling when they were not doing so well. No one was bothered if Tiger Woods wasn’t smiling if he had a bad round.

Reactions: 13
In the sea of gender identities and expression, a lot of folx live somewhere on the great spectrum beyond male and female. Nonbinary, gender nonconforming (GNC), genderqueer, X-gender, transgender experiences within or beyond the binary can entail exploring bodily changes in all different ways.

Many along the gender spectrum may be considering taking or are currently taking testosterone HRT as a tool for their body to reflect their truest self

I am still yet to understand why females - whether they identify as gender non conforming, genderqueer, non binary, agender, whatever - are drawn to testosterone. Why does their “femaleness” (for want of a better word?) need to be erased? Surely taking testosterone takes one well beyond the non-conforming/non-binary category into straight up transgender?

This softy-softly, “just take a teeny tiny micro dose of testosterone... you know you want to” form of advertising is sick.

Reactions: 8
Micro dosing testosterone doesn't automatically mean someone is transgender, plenty of peri menopausal women micro dose as it helps to regain the confidence lost during peri. Women have a small amount of testosterone anyway and microdosing won't give you the physical attributes of a Male but will help with confidence and ability to take risks.

Is that a serious post?
Yes and it's not rude, it's fact, women have a small amount of testosterone, during peri it drops and we lose confidence and that can do attitude (not all women but lots) fundamentally some HRT will include microdosing of testosterone, particularly in the US, not so much in the UK but some GPs will prescribe if needed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.