Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's probably a form of outrage marketing - pick someone that they know will get people riled up and then get lots of news outlets like Metro/i100/Cosmo and that ilk writing positive puff pieces about how lovely the Body Shop is and how transphobic and horrible people are being.

Reactions: 8
Body Shop are being boycotted by me in future.

WOMEN have periods.

WOMEN have uteruses and wombs and vaginas.

TRANS WOMEN have some of these things by default but it is not the same. I am not going to be eroded out of history by a minority who seem insistent on making us play second fiddle to them. I am so angry because I can't post any of my views on social media. Well, I could, but it would be a pile-on and it just isn't worth it.

Genuine gender dysphoria must be very distressing and transsexuals deserve support and treatment. But women are women and are being eroded out of history and having their medical treatments put on the back burner just because a tiny minority of men they identify as women and therefore need mastectomies that should be saved for women as part of cancer treatment.

Part of the problem is that a lot of 'anti trans' proponents are clumsy and outspoken - a la Julie Burchill, and don't do the cause any good.

But if trans women are women why aren't they satisfied to be referred to as women and mothers and not 'birth carriers?' The whole thing is utterly baffling.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
But my boss immediately suggested to me whether I’ve considered that I might be trans.
I’m sure this will end up being the gist of what anorexic teenage girls are told. ‘Don’t worry, not an ED, you’re just trans.’

Re The Body Shop - really not surprised at all, they joined in the pile on of Rowling last year and they’ve been adopting this weird wokeness for years now. Pretty weird marketing strategy to alienate women when you sell stuff that will largely be used by women.

Reactions: 13
I've seen that an actor on Hollyoaks has come out as non-binary who has autism which is interesting as what was said on one of these threads about there being a possible link.

Apparently a letter has been sent about Torrey Peters being included on the longlasting for the women's prize.

Reactions: 6
I agree that it’s a marketing ploy to get lots of attention from the big bad ‘transphobs’.
I remember a few months ago that Jeffrey non binary bloke (of all people) was given sanitary towels to give away to someone. Ridiculous

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I was aware that Bodyshop was operating an MLM (a pyramid scheme) and so came across this on YT. Basically the bodyshop are crap from beginning to end.

Basically the entire concept of the Body Shop, it's name, branding, design, products were directly lifted from a shop in california. Then everything is done on the cheap so you're paying a lot of superdrug level products.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Bleeding out of a wound is NOT the same as menstruation. That person needs a wound dressing, not a pad.

@AnderbeauJohnson I agree that this is probably “outrage marketing” (love that phrase by the way!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was talking to an ex-colleague earlier today on messenger and somehow (god knows how) we got onto the subject of gender. Turns out she's gender critical and I honestly feel so much less alone. I think lots of people probably feel this way but are scared to speak out.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry for the excessive posting, but I just watched a video about transactivism and a transwoman said that lots of gender critical arguments don't talk about transmen and that transmen need to speak up.

How can they be so bleeping tone deaf to ignore the fact that transmen have grown up as "women", they've been told to shut up and sit down. I'm so sick of this tit.

The body shop post earlier just boiled my blood. How bleeping dare they say that "heavy discharge" from a "neo vagina" is anything close to a period. That train of thought alone proves that they're not women. Women pay money for products just to "soak up" their menstrual blood. It's really expensive and it's dangerous. Even pads can cause TSS. Women have to take days off work because of heavy bleeding. Women bleed through their clothes and are shrugged off by health professionals. Women lie on their bathroom floor in pain for 10 days per month. Your frankenvag isn't comparable.

Sorry for the (bad joke) hysteria, but I'm so done with this. How are people falling for this?

I think that genuine trans women stand with us
But these absolute morons who shout "hate" all the time... How are they being taken seriously?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The body shop post earlier just boiled my blood. How bleeping dare they say that "heavy discharge" from a "neo vagina" is anything close to a period. That train of thought alone proves that they're not women. Women pay money for products just to "soak up" their menstrual blood. It's really expensive and it's dangerous. Even pads can cause TSS. Women have to take days off work because of heavy bleeding. Women bleed through their clothes and are shrugged off by health professionals. Women lie on their bathroom floor in pain for 10 days per month. Your frankenvag isn't comparable.
For some women/girls periods can also be deadly due to the social stigma surrounding them (and in this case also for the sons of the woman)...

• Sad
  • Heart
For some women/girls periods can also be deadly due to the social stigma surrounding them...

I don't even know what to react to that. It's bleeping heinous and the fact that self id transwomen think they're the most vulnerable people ever just turns my stomach. These people have no idea.

At my work we're required to report any suspected fgm and I'm so worried that the current climate will mean that we won't be able to do that.

Edit. I know it sounds insane, but I grew up in a cult and this is really how this tit starts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I find this only costing £5 to be totally bizarre. Cheaper than: a passport; a driving license; a copy of your birth certificate; an NHS prescription, and it’s still ‘too much’ 🥴

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

I find this only costing £5 to be totally bizarre. Cheaper than: a passport; a driving license; a copy of your birth certificate; an NHS prescription, and it’s still ‘too much’ 🥴
And to bring it back to other recent points, also cheaper than it costs to fund decent tampons/sanitary towels for one period... but, you know, this is not really an issue 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I still can't understand how people online can deny biological sex... How do we have "no sexed body" if:-
- billions of us humans (around half) bleed monthly and some may go on to be pregnant and give birth
-billions of us humans (around half) walk around with penises and produce sperm
-billions of us humans (around half) have mammary glands to feed children.

That's before you get into the other visually obvious stuff like disparity between average body size, hormones etc.

How have we got to the point where primary school parents are being written to saying there would be punishment for children who 'misgender' the 'trans' kid in class?! (I saw something about that on Twitter)

How are we as a society turning a blind eye to the visibly obvious? If we lie to ourselves about that then we will be complicit in perpetuating sexual and misogynistic abuse because apparently sex "doesn't exist now" and so how can it be called out if it "isn't happening".

I write it here and it seems so obvious but there are some educators now stating biology is a naughty myth! There is also a trend for 'no debate' on anything to do with gender ideology. Kids growing up now are going to get some confusing education on gender ideology it seems.

This is madness, it really is.

Why can't we accept that gender is woo woo but sex exists. By all means be a tomboy (I was for about 2 years growing up), by all means be effeminate man, but sex exists. The problem we face with this ideology craze is so many people do not think critically and just take everything in on a basic surface level (e.g. virtue signalling posts on social media), so the facade just carries on, only there will be casualties caught up in it, as we can see by the growing number of detrans voices on twitter.

I just can't understand how as a human species we can calculate how to reach the moon with pinpoint accuracy but we can deny biology like this.

Sorry for my rant 😬 I needed to get it off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The only way forward is to educate the kids, and I mean 11/12 year old kids because in that first year of big school, these discussions are being had with peers. Teach them to be accepting of trans/lbgtq pan etc but teach them to never allow the biology (particularly of women it seems🙄 ) to be erased by a so called tolerant society.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The only way forward is to educate the kids, and I mean 11/12 year old kids because in that first year of big school, these discussions are being had with peers. Teach them to be accepting of trans/lbgtq pan etc but teach them to never allow the biology (particularly of women it seems🙄 ) to be erased by a so called tolerant society.
I wonder what the educational stance would be in my former secondary school (Roman Catholic). I could see some potential issues arise from the local authority and the diocese(not to mention the devout parents/guardians of pupils)

I was there 01-06 (obvs section 28 was in place so yes different times) but nobody came out as anything trans or LGB whilst at school. (Never figured out if they were afraid to be gay in a catholic school or they just hasn’t figured themselves out yet)
I had a lot of quite old and traditionally minded teachers but now It’s obviously a new generation(potentially more likely to pander to the gender ideology).
I’m not sure they could legally turn someone way from a job but I imagine staff have to have some belief system that matches with the schools(and the diocese)

Reactions: 6
I was talking to an ex-colleague earlier today on messenger and somehow (god knows how) we got onto the subject of gender. Turns out she's gender critical and I honestly feel so much less alone. I think lots of people probably feel this way but are scared to speak out.
Isn't it so wonderful when someone just gets it? I had the same experience with one of my friends recently. She was very open to listening and was also outraged when I explained some things she didn't know.

On the contrary I had a group discussion recently and two people said they would be fine with their little girls being in toilets with intact TWs because they're "just women trapped in the wrong body". I stopped the discussion at that point. 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.