Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2021-04-05 21.47.35.png

Part of a comment thread about how lesbian tiktok is so horrible because it's full of lesbians saying that they don't like dick... I always assumed tiktok was super woke, I might have to check it out.

Bonus points for saying that lesbians need to 'deal with their internalised transphobia' aka get over their sexuality and learn to love the dick. No thanks mate.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The audacity of talking about transphobia when you’re being that outright homophobic though...

Reactions: 20
View attachment 515881

Part of a comment thread about how lesbian tiktok is so horrible because it's full of lesbians saying that they don't like dick... I always assumed tiktok was super woke, I might have to check it out.

Bonus points for saying that lesbians need to 'deal with their internalised transphobia' aka get over their sexuality and learn to love the dick. No thanks mate.
This is just so horrendous. I work in academia and I also do some work for the NHS and I think it's ridiculous that these subjects can't be broached at either institution. I don't see myself as a terf, but apparently I am. What annoys me is the lack of discussion about all of this. And all the language policing, I have a background in linguistics and can't write about the current language use or indeed, language policing, in an academic context for fear of being fired. Ridiculous.

ETA. I have tried to talk about this with people I trust, but they somehow haven't seen the toxic side of this "debate" and I really don't understand how.. It's not as if I went looking for it, it was almost immediately evident and all over my twitter feed 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
5526B852-E934-402C-B632-BD6CEE6C37D8.jpeg

I mean it’s much discussed here and known that I don’t believe it all happen. But just to play along.., they go through all the faff and money to get pregnant. The world would be watching. And then what..just to have an abortion. Tell me it’s not a fetish!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
If research is being done so that transwomen can have wombs and get pregnant. What research is being done so that transmen can produce their own sperms?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If research is being done so that transwomen can have wombs and get pregnant. What research is being done so that transmen can produce their own sperms?
Again, people treating organ transplants like you just get something stitched on and it's all fine. Not a scary procedure that will leave you immunosuppressed for the rest of your life and will put you on things like covid shielding lists.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 516301

I mean it’s much discussed here and known that I don’t believe it all happen. But just to play along.., they go through all the faff and money to get pregnant. The world would be watching. And then what..just to have an abortion. Tell me it’s not a fetish!
This is vile. The little heart after the word "abortion" too. Yet more proof that trans women don't have the first clue what women go through and never will.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Again, people treating organ transplants like you just get something stitched on and it's all fine. Not a scary procedure that will leave you immunosuppressed for the rest of your life and will put you on things like covid shielding lists.
100%. Also can’t help but question where the hell a placenta going to come from? Like, how will a baby actually be supported? 🤔🤔

Reactions: 7
I know what you mean about the use of ‘dads’ v ‘breastfeeding partners’ but I haven’t read that as anything other than a catch all for wives and girlfriends - it’s just a neater way of saying it. However I do think if they have used ‘Dad’ then they should have used mother/mum because it’s pretty flipping sexist not to.

Reactions: 1
I resent ‘help around the house’ as something ‘dads’ do to help out mothers also tbh. Do your share of the housework because you’re a grown ass man sharing a household, not just because your wife/partner had a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I resent ‘help around the house’ as something ‘dads’ do to help out mothers also tbh. Do your share of the housework because you’re a grown ass man sharing a household, not just because your wife/partner had a baby.
It's reminiscent of when people describe dads as "babysitting".

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's reminiscent of when people describe dads as "babysitting".
100%! Even the other things listed are things any parent would do - changing the nappy, burping etc. Are we really framing normal parental responsibilities as something men ought to do to ‘help out’ women now rather than just because as parents they have those obligations? 🥴

Reactions: 16
A while ago at work I was chatting with my boss who I have a great relationship with and was explaining how I don’t really like thinking too much about my physical body and would much prefer to just be a wisp of cloud floating around. For me, this desire to view my body completely neutrally stems from a lifetime of familial eating disorders and I actually find it super helpful to completely remove any emotion or ‘worth’ from how I look.

But my boss immediately suggested to me whether I’ve considered that I might be trans. I was a bit offended because it just seemed like such a reckless thing to throw out at people and I could see how when I was younger or if I was a more vulnerable person looking for an identity, that I’d probably latch onto that and be like yeah I must be trans!

I was also aware of the fact I didn’t want to be like “omg no” because somehow that would be like literal violence to trans people even though the conversation was about me and me only.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Sigh. The Body Shop being dicks. Again

I’m so angry about this - there are hundreds of millions of women in India and they choose a bloke to talk about period shame. It’s so messed up. I shall be boycotting BS for life. What IS it with self-ID’ing “transwomen” wanting to speak for things they have never and will never experience? The DELUSION! Argh! :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.