Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, if the murderer does turn out to be a transwoman then people will just say "oh, it was a man pretending to be a transwoman" like a lot of people/press do with Karen White.

Reactions: 9
This reminds me that the weekly rundown from the glimmer substack always has multiple articles about crimes committed by trans women. At least according to the gatekeeping from TRAs fighting for self ID they all meet the TRA requirements. GCs online get in trouble if we say anyone is a man ‘pretending’ to be a trans woman...

Reactions: 8
The thing is, if the murderer does turn out to be a transwoman then people will just say "oh, it was a man pretending to be a transwoman" like a lot of people/press do with Karen White.
But wasn't that the argument against self identification, it allowed that exact thing to happen, a Man able to sef identify as a Woman to access Female spaces only. Unfortunately that perfectly rational argument got shouted down by the Trans group.

Reactions: 10
I think your right. But it’s either being kept quiet before the trial or a cover up

Reactions: 3
The trial is happening at the moment and the perpetrator is indeed a TiM and definitely not female. He has recently plead guilty to murdering poor Phoenix Netts.

Reactions: 5
Slight tangent but is anyone here in London? I'm trying to decide who to vote for in the upcoming mayoral election. Previously I've always voted for the Labour candidate, but since my anti-woke awakening last year I have no fixed political abode anymore. I don't want to end up voting for someone who doesn't know what a woman is! Anyone had any thoughts on this?

Reactions: 7
Slight tangent but is anyone here in London? I'm trying to decide who to vote for in the upcoming mayoral election. Previously I've always voted for the Labour candidate, but since my anti-woke awakening last year I have no fixed political abode anymore. I don't want to end up voting for someone who doesn't know what a woman is! Anyone had any thoughts on this?
I think honestly, irrespective of the gender issue, voting anyone other than labour just splits the vote and raises the possibility of a tory mayor, which would be awful

Reactions: 4
I don't live there anymore but Lesbian & Gay News put out an article with the background of each candidate's women's rights and trans rights viewpoints. Count BinFace seems like your best option - I don't envy your choice.

I don't live there anymore but Lesbian & Gay News put out an article with the background of each candidate's women's rights and trans rights viewpoints. Count BinFace seems like your best option - I don't envy your choice.

Thank you, that's really helpful! I actually think Laurence Fox comes out best from that article, when he says:

“A shocking number of women and gay people have been sacked, de-platformed and cancelled for voicing opinions on gender or seeking to protect same-sex rights. The police must operate without fear or favour, dealing robustly with any protest that seeks to limit women and lesbian, gay and bisexual people’s freedom to organise, gather and speak freely.”

He's the only one willing to voice an opinion on this subject, which I respect. But what's his relevant experience to be mayor? Plus, I follow him on twitter, and every time I start thinking maybe I will vote for him, he'll say something really cringe-inducing. Damn.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you, that's really helpful! I actually think Laurence Fox comes out best from that article, when he says:

“A shocking number of women and gay people have been sacked, de-platformed and cancelled for voicing opinions on gender or seeking to protect same-sex rights. The police must operate without fear or favour, dealing robustly with any protest that seeks to limit women and lesbian, gay and bisexual people’s freedom to organise, gather and speak freely.”

He's the only one willing to voice an opinion on this subject, which I respect. But what's his relevant experience to be mayor? Plus, I follow him on twitter, and every time I start thinking maybe I will vote for him, he'll say something really cringe-inducing. Damn.
I think it's an interesting question to ponder. Do you a) vote in a gender woo woo politician or b) vote in a politician that's perhaps more conservative but at least is a little saner and believes in the old status quo (which sucked for women, but at least they were still women)?

I wouldn't have the capacity to cope with the amount of hatred that the LGB alliance gets sent online, including by a lot of people that they're trying to protect.

Case in point - look at the start (and the rest of) the wikipedia page:

The LGB Alliance is a British hate group.

It was founded in 2019 in on the platform of petitioning against the rights of transgender people and slandering LGBT rights charity Stonewall's policies on transgender issues.[1] They describe their mission as "asserting the right of lesbians, bisexuals and gay men to define themselves as same-sex attracted" (which was never a problem), and state this right is threatened by "attempts to introduce confusion between biological sex and the notion of gender"
"Petitioning against the rights of transgender people".

What are these special rights they always bang on about? Puberty blockers for children?

A vote for Fox is a vote for an anti-vax 5G narcissist loon. But he’s polling last so if you wanted to do a protest on the trans issue, there’s no hope of him winning. But as @emm says, it splits the Labour vote...

Reactions: 9
It's getting to the point where I'm too afraid to use dating apps, like if I asked someone if they were transgender/not (sometimes suspicion can be aroused through photos) just out of curiosity, would that be deemed enough for me to be called transphobic and that person to screenshot my profile and post about me all over the Internet?

The industry I'm hoping to get into does use diversity points sometimes and any natural curiosity about trans people has ended peoples careers. I'm not joking. I've heard about someone being sacked for asking another if they were male or female! Not to be rude, because they didn't want to get it wrong!

• Heart
It's getting to the point where I'm too afraid to use dating apps, like if I asked someone if they were transgender/not (sometimes suspicion can be aroused through photos) just out of curiosity, would that be deemed enough for me to be called transphobic and that person to screenshot my profile and post about me all over the Internet?

The industry I'm hoping to get into does use diversity points sometimes and any natural curiosity about trans people has ended peoples careers. I'm not joking. I've heard about someone being sacked for asking another if they were male or female! Not to be rude, because they didn't want to get it wrong!
I'm on lesbian dating apps and I can tell instantly who's male by their photos alone. TRAs claim we can't possibly tell but you just *know*. Even with filters!

Most trans people state they're trans on their profile but there are some who don't. Usually their photos say it for them. If my gut tells me something is off with a profile I don't match with them (and I'm not attracted to TIMs anyway).

I'm not sure what apps you'll be using but I wouldn't say you'll come across this issue so often that you should be afraid to use the apps entirely, and most of them you can't communicate unless you're both interested.

Reactions: 7
"Petitioning against the rights of transgender people".

What are these special rights they always bang on about? Puberty blockers for children?

A vote for Fox is a vote for an anti-vax 5G narcissist loon. But he’s polling last so if you wanted to do a protest on the trans issue, there’s no hope of him winning. But as @emm says, it splits the Labour vote...
It's very frustrating but there's also no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face. Fox might understand what a woman is but it doesn't mean he's a friend to women. He's also a racist (it's one thing being critical of BLM the org, or some of the woke politics that's come to surround it, but he strikes me as someone who seems to be triggered by BLM as a statement as well). He broke lockdown, made derisive comments about the NHS...he's just a Katie Hopkins. Has to keep saying stuff to be the centre of attention.

I came across this article maybe a year or 2 ago and there's some things in it that made me uncomfortable:

• Heart
How do we know that the person is a TiM?
I’m not sure, but the lack of photos in the reporting is extremely odd. Needs some sunlight as to why a perpetrator is being protected, after pleading guilty? Has there been some change in the law recently where the press need to wait for sentencing before they can use a photo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.