Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Politics threads on every forum I've ever been on have always been heavily left leaning, that's why Corbyn and Labour thought they were going to win last time.
I think it was on the GE thread on here a couple of days ago that someone was belittling the Reform voters, saying they were being brainwashed because of the algorithms. I guess leftist algorithms are more balanced:D
The hypocrisy of Labour supporters and any left leaning party in other countries always blows my mind. You're racist if you consider voting for anyone else but labour seemingly but yet they have selective amnesia when it comes to the treatment of Diane Abbott 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Matthew Syed has really gone for the jugular there. He has absolutely nailed the Labour top table to the mast. I had real misgivings about voting Tory as I really do think we need a change but Starmer and his bunch of sycophants are not the change we need right now.
---

The hypocrisy of Labour supporters and any left leaning party in other countries always blows my mind. You're racist if you consider voting for anyone else but yet labour seemingly but they have selective amnesia when it comes to the treatment of Diane Abbott 🙄
Said it on here before but it's not the Tories that keep voting in White Men as their leader.

Reactions: 24
Watching Kuennssberg on BBC1 and she’s interviewing Shadow Education Secretary, Bridget Phillipson. She’s just asked her if Labour would change the draft govt guidance for schools on gender questioning children.

Phillipson: “Draft guidance not quite right, guidance drifted far too much into partisan unnecessary language…leaders want clarity…let’s make sure children’s well-being is at the heart of this…political football…culture wars…we need to look at all the responses to the consultation…”

Kuenssberg: “Would you ditch the ban on teaching the concept of gender identity?”

Phillipson: “There are trans people within society and their existence should be recognised. Many trans people are vulnerable and are deserving of support.”

The conversation drifted onto JKR and her stance and Phillipson started talking about what Labour would do to address the rise in misogyny. Kuenssberg missed the opportunity to go into the fact that if you can’t define a woman and if men can say they are women, then you how can you tackle misogyny?

I don’t think Labour will uphold the guidance in its current form at all.

Reactions: 17
He should be leaving his personal views at the Job centre - they should have sacked him.

'I was making the point that there were not, to my knowledge, many transgender athletes performing at the top of their sport and consequently, they were not a major feature of elite sport.

If he can't see that even ONE is too many, because that one is highly likely to take a medal from a woman, he must be incredibly stupid. And we don't want them at grass roots level, either, because that will prevent girls competing at any level at all - we will lose the outstanding woman athletes of the future because they will be so disheartened - not only with having to compete against males, but having to change and shower with them.

'I had no intention of being disrespectful to any former or current athletes . . . I have never called into question anyone's expertise on women's sport.

He said Sharron Davies and Martina Navratilova were "not experts". How is that not showing disrespect, or questioning their expertise?

Arsegole.
Complaints to the BBC. Considering cancelling my tv licence and telling them this is why. I’m not a natural rule breaker and in a regulated job so this is quite difficult.

Reactions: 11
Complaints to the BBC. Considering cancelling my tv licence and telling them this is why. I’m not a natural rule breaker and in a regulated job so this is quite difficult.
The trouble is that you need a TV licence for watching any live TV, not just BBC.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The Politics threads on every forum I've ever been on have always been heavily left leaning, that's why Corbyn and Labour thought they were going to win last time.
I think it was on the GE thread on here a couple of days ago that someone was belittling the Reform voters, saying they were being brainwashed because of the algorithms. I guess leftist algorithms are more balanced:D
I’ve noticed massive similarities with the so called tolerant left with regards to their hatred for anyone who isn’t #bekind. Apparently it is ok to wish death on Nigel Farage just as much as it is ok to kill the terfs.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I hope that even if Labour does get in, public pressure stirred up by people like JK Rowling does force politicians to change their stance?

Kier Starmer is doing a dreadful job of supporting Rosie Duffield, but he has amended his stance slightly to acknowledge a difference between biology and gender. The Cass report has been published. OK its not enough....but the tide is starting to turn slightly.

I still feel the large majority of people in the UK do know very well the difference between a man and a woman, and a silly vocal media campaign isnt actually going to fundamentally change this. A calm slow and steady campaign by women like JK Rowling, clearly setting out the issues I hope will work eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I hope that even if Labour does get in, public pressure stirred up by people like JK Rowling does force politicians to change their stance?

Kier Starmer is doing a dreadful job of supporting Rosie Duffield, but he has amended his stance slightly to acknowledge a difference between biology and gender. The Cass report has been published. OK its not enough....but the tide is starting to turn slightly.

I still feel the large majority of people in the UK do know very well the difference between a man and a woman, and a silly vocal media campaign isnt actually going to fundamentally change this. A calm slow and steady campaign by women like JK Rowling, clearly setting out the issues I hope will work eventually.
keir is a lawyer and a politician. He can see the tide is turning and the increase in legal action from “trans” people who’ve been left with lifelong disabilities and issues from these surgeries especially if they were 16/17/18 and not fully informed

Reactions: 19
What we need is some high profile Trans supporter (or the relative or child of one) to be subjected to some sort of incident in a ladies loo or changing room and then do a U-turn on their support of the issue.

Or Himdia's mangina exploding on national TV!

• Haha
I live abroad and stupidly applied for my daughter to be my proxy vote. She told me in no uncertain terms that whatever I say she will put an X against Labour. I have never voted Labour in my life and would certainly not now. She's really annoyed me to the point I'm trying to cancel my vote. She believes all this trans wokery shite and will not have it any other way.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I live abroad and stupidly applied for my daughter to be my proxy vote. She told me in no uncertain terms that whatever I say she will put an X against Labour. I have never voted Labour in my life and would certainly not now. She's really annoyed me to the point I'm trying to cancel my vote. She believes all this trans wokery shite and will not have it any other way.
I'd be absolutely livid if anyone did that to me. An utter abuse of power.
You can cancel your proxy vote

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Your daughter is an asshole. Surely you can cancel your proxy vote??
Changing from a proxy vote to a postal vote
Proxy voters who have a proxy vote for a definite or indefinite period may change their voting option from proxy to postal at any time and up until 5pm, 11 working days before a poll to be effective at that poll.4 Applications to change the method of voting from proxy to postal must be made by submitting an application to vote by post. If the postal vote application is determined and approved, you must amend the record accordingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Your daughter is an asshole. Surely you can cancel your proxy vote??
Changing from a proxy vote to a postal vote
Proxy voters who have a proxy vote for a definite or indefinite period may change their voting option from proxy to postal at any time and up until 5pm, 11 working days before a poll to be effective at that poll.4 Applications to change the method of voting from proxy to postal must be made by submitting an application to vote by post. If the postal vote application is determined and approved, you must amend the record accordingly.
Probably too late if you live abroad though. The paperwork would have to get from the UK and back again!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Honestly I'd be so enraged I actually think I'd change my will ( although I'd probably change it back eventually)
It's a despicable thing to do and I hope your daughter feels shame in a year or 2. I'm pretty sure she'd be equally enraged if the situation was reversed.

Honestly I'd be so enraged I actually think I'd change my will ( although I'd probably change it back eventually)
It's a despicable thing to do and I hope your daughter feels shame in a year or 2. I'm pretty sure she'd be equally enraged if the situation was reversed.
She won't need to - if Labour get in, she won't have any assets left anyway!
---
Your probably right, I just feel like that is such a violation of someones rights to abuse their proxy vote like that. 😞
Yes. In this circumstance, I'd cancel it for this election and change to postal for future ones.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.