Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Pompous, misogynistic, bombastic arse - how she keeps her temper with him, I don't know.

It's like arguing with an overgrown toddler.

• Angry
Reactions: 9

Pompous, misogynistic, bombastic arse - how she keeps her temper with him, I don't know.

It's like arguing with an overgrown toddler.
It’s like arguing with an idiot too. Men are physically stronger than women. Men are capable of raping women. How dare a man tell a woman how they should feel.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
As well as trying to compel language (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/pronouns-on-your-profile-in-microsoft-365-232c3bfb-a947-4310-86db-b22d63663d85#:~:text=Select your profile picture in,To delete, remove your pronouns),

Whether or not to share or publicly display pronouns is always up to an individual. Pronouns should never be assigned to one person by another person. It should be up to the person using them to decide when, where, and which pronouns are used – including whether to use this feature. Knowing someone’s pronouns does not always equate to knowing their gender identity. Importantly, choosing to leverage the pronouns feature as an individual user should be optional, not mandatory.

I had no idea that there is also a diversity checker on Office 365 where “Word will scan your writing for age and cultural bias, ethnic slurs, gender bias, gender-neutral pronouns, gender-specific language, racial bias, sexual orientation bias, and socioeconomic bias. The goal is to replace the sensitivity readers that some publishers use to vet manuscripts for conscious or unconscious bias and anything else that might offend an audience.”

Article about the tool and its floors here: https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/25/520413787

1718778841977.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I read it more as he knows he has to pay for the surgery but is he covered for complications, if he has to stay longer, isn't fit to fly home etc.

I imagine most policies wouldn't cover those costs.
This was my assumption too, which is less stupid but still pretty stupid

Reactions: 10
As well as trying to compel language (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/pronouns-on-your-profile-in-microsoft-365-232c3bfb-a947-4310-86db-b22d63663d85#:~:text=Select your profile picture in,To delete, remove your pronouns),

Whether or not to share or publicly display pronouns is always up to an individual. Pronouns should never be assigned to one person by another person. It should be up to the person using them to decide when, where, and which pronouns are used – including whether to use this feature. Knowing someone’s pronouns does not always equate to knowing their gender identity. Importantly, choosing to leverage the pronouns feature as an individual user should be optional, not mandatory.

I had no idea that there is also a diversity checker on Office 365 where “Word will scan your writing for age and cultural bias, ethnic slurs, gender bias, gender-neutral pronouns, gender-specific language, racial bias, sexual orientation bias, and socioeconomic bias. The goal is to replace the sensitivity readers that some publishers use to vet manuscripts for conscious or unconscious bias and anything else that might offend an audience.”

Article about the tool and its floors here: https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/25/520413787

View attachment 3003019
Ha, just Google "Windows 11 known issues today" to appreciate the full splendour of this. Let's just say "pronouns" and "unconscious bias" aren't on the list, which is quite a long one.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Not all men, but almost always a man.
This is my response now.
Apart from anything else - why does the fat idiot this insightful journalist think we had separate facilities in the first place? Women fought for them - for satay, privacy and dignity, so that they could leave the home in comparative safety when they were in a vulnerable situation.

"All men" weren't rapists then, either.
"All men" haven't been rapists ever - but it was still considered a good thing to have toilets, changing rooms - and sports - where women weren't placed under a disadvantage.

I'm not suggesting that he has a dog in this race, just because he has been accused of behaving inappropriately,

but he may still be smarting.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
That’s really disappointing after his podcast about Stonewall and the BBC
Indeed.

I was thrilled with that podcast - it was really well done. He just allowed them to condemn themselves out of their own mouths. It was a very powerful exercise in journalism.

Reactions: 5
Reactions: 23
Just turned my work computer on and now Microsoft is the latest to push this. More to be done? duck right off 🤬
Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (pre Elon), Reddit - all western media have pushed this from the beginning. It was the gentle implementation via TV and the strict policing from social media is how it gained a silent (partial) acceptance.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I feel absolutely sick, found out a family member (not close that’s why I didn’t know) flew to Europe this week and has had “top surgery”. My cousin mentioned it to me a few years ago and I gave my strong opinions on it then. She’s 19.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I feel absolutely sick, found out a family member (not close that’s why I didn’t know) flew to Europe this week and has had “top surgery”. My cousin mentioned it to me a few years ago and I gave my strong opinions on it then. She’s 19.
That’s terrible - she’s so young :(

• Sad
The Met Police have gone after Maya for a bloody tweet.
More box-ticking & virtue-signalling.
Expect Much, Much more if labour ever get near no.10 Downing Street.
---

View attachment 3003019
Orwell =1984. It's arrived in 2024.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.