Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Little update on Emily Brothers the blind trans who’s running for labour MP on the isle of wight.
Posted on our local fb page about an upcoming Q&A they’re doing. Responses were:
I’d rather stick wasps up my arse
I’d rather tit and clap
I’d rather sit on a pineapple
I’d rather guide my dad into mum! Then admin turned comments off as there was not a single handmaiden comment.
tide is definitely turning! 🥳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m sure it’s been discussed already and I’m sure you’re all sick of me repeating things but stonewall was NOT STARTED BY TRANS PEOPLE.

It is homophobic bullshit made up by the trans lot. Marsha P Johnson, the trans woman who apparently threw the first brick at stonewall, was a MAN. A man who liked to dress in feminine clothes. Marsha used she/her pronouns in the way drag queens do - this was the 1960 ffs. It was when he was in character, when dolled up as his alter ego. Pronouns weren’t even used in the way they are today so it’s applying modern language and politics on a time where it was gays, lesbians and bi’s doing the heavy lifting, joined by cross dressers, drag queens and maybe one or two people who genuinely believed they were trans, but it was “60s trans” so to speak, so they weren’t forcing it on anyone else - they were just doing their thing in silence minding their own business.

Marsha’s friend have said THEMSELVES in a documentary about him that he was a man who liked to experiment with feminine clothing and make up. But still, even when the friends of Marsha - who I’m sure still miss and love him this day - say HE was a MAN, the tras take the truth and twist it to fit their “movement”. It’s genuinely disgusting. It’s homophobic, it’s erasing the truth, it’s screwing LGB history (the little that we do have out there) and it does everything they claim to hate.

When you tell them this truth they cry transphobia - obviously, what else would they do. But poor bleeping Masha rolling in his bleeping grave. And also MASHA DIDNT THROW THE FIRST BRICK, he arrived after that part of the riot! His friends have said this too!

They also use the fact Marsha was black for points, as if they aren’t erasing him being a gay black man (who’s been an icon to the LGB community). They are using his colour for clout and as a scapegoat. They aren’t honouring him! It isn’t about Marsha at all, it’s all about THEM but they are using him to say “see,we aren’t self obsessed “folx” with an ulterior motive!
Thanks. I couldn't remember the details, but as soon as I saw it I knew it wasn't factual, from information here.

Reactions: 6
I’m sure it’s been discussed already and I’m sure you’re all sick of me repeating things but stonewall was NOT STARTED BY TRANS PEOPLE.

It is homophobic bullshit made up by the trans lot. Marsha P Johnson, the trans woman who apparently threw the first brick at stonewall, was a MAN. A man who liked to dress in feminine clothes. Marsha used she/her pronouns in the way drag queens do - this was the 1960 ffs. It was when he was in character, when dolled up as his alter ego. Pronouns weren’t even used in the way they are today so it’s applying modern language and politics on a time where it was gays, lesbians and bi’s doing the heavy lifting, joined by cross dressers, drag queens and maybe one or two people who genuinely believed they were trans, but it was “60s trans” so to speak, so they weren’t forcing it on anyone else - they were just doing their thing in silence minding their own business.

Marsha’s friend have said THEMSELVES in a documentary about him that he was a man who liked to experiment with feminine clothing and make up. But still, even when the friends of Marsha - who I’m sure still miss and love him this day - say HE was a MAN, the tras take the truth and twist it to fit their “movement”. It’s genuinely disgusting. It’s homophobic, it’s erasing the truth, it’s screwing LGB history (the little that we do have out there) and it does everything they claim to hate.

When you tell them this truth they cry transphobia - obviously, what else would they do. But poor bleeping Masha rolling in his bleeping grave. And also MASHA DIDNT THROW THE FIRST BRICK, he arrived after that part of the riot! His friends have said this too!

They also use the fact Marsha was black for points, as if they aren’t erasing him being a gay black man (who’s been an icon to the LGB community). They are using his colour for clout and as a scapegoat. They aren’t honouring him! It isn’t about Marsha at all, it’s all about THEM but they are using him to say “see,we aren’t self obsessed “folx” with an ulterior motive!
There is footage of Marsha P Johnson describing himself as a boy and a ‘boy in drag’. He was laughing at people who perceived he was a woman and reiterated he was a transvestite. Despite being presented with this evidence, TRAs still perpetuate the lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There is footage of Marsha P Johnson describing himself as a boy and a ‘boy in drag’. He was laughing at people who perceived he was a woman and reiterated he was a transvestite. Despite being presented with this evidence, TRAs still perpetuate the lie.
<heavy sarcasm> but but but, I thought we HAD to respect people’s self declared identity?

The bit upthread about “I’ll be your family” makes me quite queasy when I think about it in the context of the over representation of looked-after children presenting with gender confusion that Cass exposed at GIDS, and the disproportionate number who had a parent on the sex offenders register. What a seductive idea a new family would be for those kids ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 31

I love this with the power of a thousand suns, you've explained it all so clearly. Just to add: people who think you can definitely say "This one person started the riot" are telling you two things. 1. They have never been anywhere near a riot and 2. They do not understand or respect the power of collective action. In season 3 of Pose, they used actual bleeping footage of the Silence = Death/Act Up demonstrations in New York intercut with actors for a plotline which went directly against the aims of those demonstrations and activists who fought for better health care for all people with AIDS. No understanding, no respect for the actual lived experience of actual people in the real world. I know we usually concentrate on the disrespect trans activists have for women, but the contempt they have for gays is equally chilling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
By that logic biological washing powder is a living being 🙃
You beat me to it!

That was my first response, too.

Great minds . . . 😂
---
Was wondering who on earth to vote for in the upcoming election but it looks like I finally have an option in the SDP other than spoiling my ballot paper. I need to have a look at their other policies but so far they have my vote

You are lucky - at least you have an option.

(It still pisses me off that we have to describe women as "biological woman". "Woman" and "transwoman" should be enough.

In fact, "woman" and "MAN" should be enough)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Election special on Woman's Hour now. I don't know if I have the capacity to last the full session because after the first question on what is a woman the majority jump straight to defending trans people.
It's a absolute farce that a dedicated discussion on women and the election is focussed on everything other than women.
Screenshot_20240618-101929~2.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I think the 'I'll be your family' is grooming. It purposely isolates (usually young, usually confused) people and encourages them down a very dangerous path.

Reactions: 32
Election special on Woman's Hour now. I don't know if I have the capacity to last the full session because after the first question on what is a woman the majority jump straight to defending trans people.
It's a absolute farce that a dedicated discussion on women and the election is focussed on everything other than women.View attachment 3001334
You can't rely on the bbc for anything. It'll have been edited to make sure it's all pro-trans.

Reactions: 16
It's a absolute farce that a dedicated discussion on women and the election is focussed on everything other than women.View attachment 3001334

can’t even have an HOUR - ONE HOUR - to talk about ourselves! trans and men’s hour is every hour
---
Such shocking news (said nobody)

View attachment 3000392
Male behaviour.

Reactions: 24
Just seen
The option of a side room initially sounds to be a reasonable suggestion. However, as we've said before, it depends on how the individual hospital ward is laid out. Some have a series of self-contained small bays and single rooms within them. Each small bay is either male or female. In that set up a TIM in a single room is not a problem.

But the other layout is where the large ward is split into two wards, one male and one female. These also contain smaller bays and single rooms. There is usually a bathroom in each one, with additional facilities on the corridors. I would feel far more vulnerable if a TIM was allowed to be in a single room in the female area.

There is also the issue of a single room. These are usually allocated on medical need and patients can be moved in and out of them as their medical status changes. At times there will be competing needs and patients may end up in a bay when they should ideally be in their own room. Other patients may be moved so that the vulnerable patient is at the least risk of harm from - say - infection.

I've not worked in hospitals, but have witnessed this, and had it explained when relatives have been moved. If a TIM has to have his own room then it's placing even more pressure on an already over-stretched system.

I'm not disagreeing with the solution, but it needs to be carefully thought out. I noticed that Keir didn't mention any other single sex space and how he will handle these.

Reactions: 24
I'm not disagreeing with the solution, but it needs to be carefully thought out. I noticed that Keir didn't mention any other single sex space and how he will handle these.
Oh yeah, he definitely cherry picked the hospitals as he knew he could blame the situation on the tories instead of actually answering the woman's question.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.