Gender Discussion #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Mr Williams" will just be assumed to be a smartly-dressed, slightly conservatively styled young woman who has had a haircut since her last passport was issued. Polling stations are normally staffed by local people and whoever it is probably knows exactly who she is.

Reactions: 12
What a fucking sick bastard, that's beyond disgusting. Jail the fucker and throw away the key.

Reactions: 17
I just posted this elsewhere.
Most people got it, but a few were all, "well they weren't forced to change there, they could have gone elsewhere"
Ah yes women should have to go elsewhere, and even if they did, they'd be called transphobic for doing so.
It's indecent exposure and voyeurism, unless you pretend to be a woman.
Lia Thomas disgusts me.

Attachments

Reactions: 39
Bought 2 birthday cards from W H Smith. I didn't notice the 1st has 2 manky labels on the back which will not come off. The back of the 2nd one has 'Folx' written in large, white font on a red background with an explanation of the meaning underneath. I fail to see the relevance of this. It is not the brand and it has no connection to the type of card, so I can only conclude it is an attempt at subliminal messaging. Unfortunately, I've chucked the receipt away.

Reactions: 16
Oh Blue that’s awful I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

Reactions: 8
What is wrong with the word "folks" as an inclusive term for a group of people? Why does it have to be mis-spelled with an extraneous x so a lot of people don't understand it?

Reactions: 24
I genuinely do not understand why Rosie is still a member of The Labour Party.
I’ve been wondering the same myself for some time now. Wondered if she was clinging onto the vain hope that she can force some change from within, but I just can’t see it happening. She’s been treated appallingly by the party, it no longer makes any sense…

Reactions: 15
Ah yes, there's always plenty of alternative places to get changed. Such as a Janitor's closet. Lovely!

Former All-American college swimmer Riley Gaines told the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday that some swimmers felt so “uncomfortable” and “violated” by transgender swimmer Lia Thomas that they “undressed in the janitor’s closet” during a tournament last year.

Gaines, an outspoken proponent of reserving women’s sports for biological females, described the locker room dynamics at the 2022 NCAA Championships during an exchange with Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) at a hearing on “Defending the Civil Rights of LGBTQ+ Americans.”

The former University of Kentucky swimmer told Lee that the NCAA did “nothing” at the 2022 tournament to accommodate her and other female swimmers who felt uncomfortable sharing an open locker room with Thomas, who swam for the University of Pennsylvania as a male from 2017 to 2020.

Reactions: 26
I'm sure they'd all fit in that spacious janitors closet.
Lia Thomas wouldn't want to be in there if the women weren't, its not the space he wants, it's the women in it.

Reactions: 18
Reactions: 29
It's completely normal for women to have hairy legs though.

Reactions: 6
Not like this it’s not even if women don’t shave, men are just hairier and the hair is thicker and darker. I’m guessing this person was on testosterone.

Reactions: 12
Why should the female majority have to change somewhere else to accommodate one pervert who pretends to be a woman?

Reactions: 36
<sigh> Universitys are no longer places where people go to develop their own thoughts:

The “diversity audit” also notes that there is a lack of “queer history” in the teachings on gender, while pointing out that there are no seminars “problematising heteronormativity” – a term which refers to treating heterosexuality as the norm.

Teaching staff are further told that it is “essential” they make their seminars “safe spaces” because topics such as race and gender can be both “emotional” and “challenging” for students.

archived version:https://archive.ph/f31wu

What the heck would these people do if they had a real problem to deal with?

If they were homeless? Out of work with no prospect of a job? (They might find that one out soon). Stricken with a life-limiting illness?

People have so much more to cope with day in, day out, and they just knuckle down and get on with it. These snowflakes have no real concerns and do nothing but whine about everything.

I was listening to a true crime podcast about the amount of women and children that are killed in Australia each year. There was some discussion about how women are always the ones to fill the holes in support.

But what was loud and clear was this is a man's problem to solve and it needs men to step up and deal with it.

It was refreshing to hear the hosts be clear on the violence that men perpetrate and they should be the ones to resolve it. The parallels with gender issues are the same IMHO

Reactions: 26
Apologies if this has already been posted - Northampton Fire Service have rainbow shoulder tabs on their uniforms - raises a number of questions ...

Have NFS been discriminating against who they save in a fire because of lack of flags?
Are TRAs more combustible than non-TRAS?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.