Gender Discussion #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had this from Sex Matters about the election.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Honestly, I know there is a lot wrong with this country other than gender identity ideology but the thought of things getting far worse for women and children, girls in particular, in a matter of months is really, really depressing 😔
I know. I felt a sense of dread when the election was announced and I can’t stand the Tories!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wouldn't expect anyone younger than my granny's generation to wear it to be honest, and she died in 1993.

I love an older, classic smelling perfume but it is very much an old lady smell.
I went through a Marilyn Monroe stage as a teenager when she was plastered on everything and I remember putting some Chanel No 5 on in a shop and being horrified I smelled like I’d squirted my grandma’s Coty L’aimant.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Most (normal) men don't want them either. I have posted here before about how I've had this discussion with my son, his girlfriend was very caught up in the trans woo. I asked him how he and his mates might feel if they're in a changing room, and an old woman like me strolls in and starts to undress? Uncomfortable? Embarrassed? As I said to him, at least they wouldn't be scared for their physical safety, unlike women and girls who are expected to take their clothes off in the presence of men who are strangers to them.
The retailers who think that they can dismiss women's concerns about this are very silly indeed. If I feel scared or uncomfortable in your changing rooms, I'll just shop elsewhere...no skin off my nose!
I agree, both men and women should be given their own spaces, and by men I mean the decent ones not the ones in frocks.

On another note the prospect of a labour government terrifies me.

Reactions: 18
We will be voting conservative. Others can do as they wish, of course.
I'd rather pull my bleeping fingernails out than give a vote to the labour bastards. With any luck, another 5 years will see all this bullshit stamped out - not bleeping enabled at the expense of women, by a bleep and his fringe loon party who doesn't even know what a woman is.

Reactions: 25
I went through a Marilyn Monroe stage as a teenager when she was plastered on everything and I remember putting some Chanel No 5 on in a shop and being horrified I smelled like I’d squirted my grandma’s Coty L’aimant.
At least you don't have a cock though.
---
I have no idea who I'll vote for.
SNP, no
Tories, have never done anything for me and will never get in, in Scotland.
Labour, I don't trust them, but possibly they'll oust the SNP?
Alba, they want independence, I don't.
Greens, Haaaaaahahaaaha.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I definitely feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place with this upcoming elections. I'm not very politically minded but labour feels deeply untrustworthy, just as much as the conservatives, and in England those are the only real choices.

Can I vote for Larry instead? 🐈😋

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just got off the phone to my oldest boy who is at uni. He was telling me he felt really uncomfortable earlier as he went to the toilets (labelled 🚹 not 🚻) and a girl came in while he was using the urinals to use the only cubicle (think I’ve mentioned on a previous thread that his uni have started putting san pro in the cubicles in the men’s toilets) and then a guy came in and wanted to use the cubicle but couldn’t because the girl was in there. He said there was nothing he could say because the uni have clearly adopted a self-ID policy by putting feminine hygiene products in the men’s. It’s just ridiculous when there’s a plethora of cubicles in the women’s toilets, not to mention that he feels on edge going in the men’s now in case a girl walks in.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Just got off the phone to my oldest boy who is at uni. He was telling me he felt really uncomfortable earlier as he went to the toilets (labelled 🚹 not 🚻) and a girl came in while he was using the urinals to use the only cubicle (think I’ve mentioned on a previous thread that his uni have started putting san pro in the cubicles in the men’s toilets) and then a guy came in and wanted to use the cubicle but couldn’t because the girl was in there. He said there was nothing he could say because the uni have clearly adopted a self-ID policy by putting feminine hygiene products in the men’s. It’s just ridiculous when there’s a plethora of cubicles in the women’s toilets, not to mention that he feels on edge going in the men’s now in case a girl walks in.
Although men don't have to worry about their safety when using the toilets (at least, not from a TIF aspect) they have just as much right to dignity and privacy as women do. I think the men in my family would hate a woman walking in while they were using a urinal. And it's unfair to use a cubicle when there's often just one or two in the men's I believe.

I'm sorry your son's experiencing this, when he should be enjoying his time at uni.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Im left wing and there’s no way I would vote Tory after the last 14 years. Feeling pretty politically homeless right now. Might just spoil my ballot paper tbh

Reactions: 29
I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’ve voted Labour my whole adult life but I can‘t vote for them now.

Reactions: 23
Ugh :sick: Eddie Izzard in full 'girl' mode on Saturday Kitchen Live wearing a little white broderie d'anglaise skirt. He forgot himself on the trailer and spread his legs :m
Is this some sort of publicity stunt do ppl think

Reactions: 4
I've been left-wing all my life, and there's no bleeping way I could ever vote Tory, especially after the last 14 years, but I am really stuck. My current MP is a Tory idiot, but he seems to be gender-critical (and is at least a local boy, born and lived here all his life); the alternative here is some Liberal Democrat muppet (who tweeted something approving about the Cass report and then had to delete it) and there's just a chance that he could unseat the Tory, as they always come second here.

Ugh. I really, really don't know what to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
As a life long labour voter and member this is the first year I’ve considered ballot spoiling (I will always vote). If it wasn’t for Rosie Duffield (sadly not my MP) I’d have left the party.

wish there was a vote option for “none of the above” so we had another choice instead of ballot spoiling

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t know what to do either. I can’t vote Labour. I don’t want to vote Tory.

Seriously considering spoiling my ballot, if only someone could tell me a pithy slogan that would work 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
In the same boat as many of you! In an area where Tories normally win by a landslide, so only other realistic choice is Libdems. The candidate isn’t very active online so I can’t really gauge what their stance is. I cannot vote for the Tories, especially not my local MP who is awful.

I never ever imagined the day that I would be unhappy to see a labour victory. I agree with so much of what the party stands for but their gung-ho approach to siphoning off women’s rights is something I can’t get past.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.