Gender Discussion #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what happened when a rape survivor wrote to her local hospital (Royal Sussex) requesting a natal female perform her mammogram. Her letter was used in the Trust’s trans policy as an example of ‘transphobia’. The hospital apologised for using her letter, but not for their attitude:

“However, it is not possible to guarantee to any patient that they will only be treated by a clinician assigned to a specific gender at birth and, as an organisation that prides itself on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, nor would we wish to do so.

“It is also important that patients see the clinician most skilled to deal with their medical concern. We recognise our employees by the gender they identify as on a daily basis as it is essential that we respect the gender identity of all our staff.

---
duck off Starmer Trans inclusion is 'up to sporting bodies' | Watch (msn.com)
Show a bit of actual leadership and support Women. Sport is inclusive, just compete/play in your biological sex category
He’s so spineless when it comes to trans issues (and other issues, come to that), trying to keep both ‘sides’ happy. Just tit or get off the pot.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
He’s spineless full stop. A spineless leader is a dangerous one.

on the healthcare issue,I just came across this on Twitter. This poor woman

9A6D20C3-B7D9-4670-8E6A-02D40998C254.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I've just found a video of a MTF op if anyone is interested:

The link wouldn't post, but it's the post below this one. Twitter is hiding it for some reason.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Just seen
Oh my god I'm so tired of seeing Intersex people involved in this nonsense. One I don't even think that term is used now and two 'intersex' people are STILL...get this...male or female!

And yes of course the illusive 'another sex' is...something

• Sad
Reactions: 20
FFS. No surprise that this study (funded by the IOC) was carried out by the University of Brighton, but it’s another tool to be used by those promoting men in dresses in women’s sport.

1714030005798.jpeg

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 20
"Sam Smith to headline Prom - but BBC insists show will be ‘appropriate’ "
"Grammy-winning singer, who came out as non-binary in 2019, has become known for sexualised costumes and choreography"

I love the Proms but I won't be watching this.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
FFS. No surprise that this study (funded by the IOC) was carried out by the University of Brighton, but it’s another tool to be used by those promoting men in dresses in women’s sport.

View attachment 2896039
The bleeping gaslighting is off the scale here. Every single person on Earth knows that, all things being equal, men are generally bigger, faster and stronger than women. Of course there are variations, my best (female) friend is taller than my husband and my son. My 14 year old granddaughter would definitely beat my 70 year old husband at tennis. But sport is segregated by sex because of these differences. It's obvious to everyone, no matter how many "studies" the TRA's pull out of their baby pink and blue hats, that men competing in women's sports is unfair to women. Pitching a couple of fat geezers against elite women athletes, doesn't prove that women and men are "equal" when competing, just because the men lose against them. 🙄
UK posters might be familiar with the "Fast Show" character, "Competitive Dad"? Today, he'd be that TIM cyclist, storming past the actual women competitors, then proudly taking his gold medal on the podium 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh my god I'm so tired of seeing Intersex people involved in this nonsense. One I don't even think that term is used now and two 'intersex' people are STILL...get this...male or female!

And yes of course the illusive 'another sex' is...something
I remember someone posting on here a while back who referred to themselves as intersex. I know when I have been reading it’s often referred to as having DSD, differences in sexual development. I did however recently see (on women’s rights news fb 🙄) a rabid trans ally saying “what about hermaphrodites” 😳 I don’t think I’ve ever seen a GC using such outdated and offensive terminology.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Talking of cat ears someone told me at the weekend that their nephew works for a very high profile tech company where a member of staff identifies as a cat and everyone has to humour them!
Years ago nobody would put up with that. It's unbelievable that people think that sort of behaviour is OK in a work environment.

To be fair, why not? If a man can wake up and decide he's a woman because he feels like it, why shouldn't a human identify as an animal? It's the thin end of the wedge.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"WingsOverScotland" has an in-depth article..."Grooming Class" detailing LGBT Youth Scotland and their insidious creep into primary schools.

Reactions: 9
Rod Liddle is in the Spectator saying that the Cass Report won't change anything because there's too many snouts in the trough. He argues that the Sewell Report into racism, which says that it exists but it's nowhere near as prevalent as alleged and the, was soundly rejected despite being well evidenced because once again too many snouts in the trough.

Incidentally I do note that a lot of these anti racism campaigners seem to be uncritically importing American talking points on same which don't really apply here. I think a lot of TRA talking points emerge from the same septic tank that is American academia.

Reactions: 12
from private eye
A great summary, so well done Private Eye for writing it, but.....the actual facts is contains about our parliamentary parties inability to even start to think logically about gender issue is dreadful !

Reactions: 5
"Sam Smith to headline Prom - but BBC insists show will be ‘appropriate’ "
"Grammy-winning singer, who came out as non-binary in 2019, has become known for sexualised costumes and choreography"

I love the Proms but I won't be watching this.
Smith, the bbc woke box-ticking to deliberately annoy people & the proms can duck off.

I'll be watching YouTube footage of old Proms- before the bbc made its content anti-British bias and box-ticking......

We watch YouTube Commonwealth tv recordings of Elgar; Harry's Jerusalem, Land of Hope & Glory, etc.

The bbc can duck off.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Just seen

---
Also

---
Thread about detranstioners

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Rod Liddle is in the Spectator saying that the Cass Report won't change anything because there's too many snouts in the trough. He argues that the Sewell Report into racism, which says that it exists but it's nowhere near as prevalent as alleged and the, was soundly rejected despite being well evidenced because once again too many snouts in the trough.

Incidentally I do note that a lot of these anti racism campaigners seem to be uncritically importing American talking points on same which don't really apply here. I think a lot of TRA talking points emerge from the same septic tank that is American academia.
The Cass report is going to change things!!
Even if you are being entirely cynical, It reduces massively the need or likelihood for the NHS to pay for puberty blockers for children, or for operations for gender reassignment etc....If this attitude is then transferred into adult services.... The NHS wont be paying or be expected to pay. People will still be able to access gender services, but it will be privately ....and need to be funded privately!

Im not sure exactly how this will transfer into the media.... but....it will have big financial implications!
(Im not trying to be unkind to anyone suffering any kind of mental stress or anguish....as I am sure the children needing these services need some kind of additional support....but....it wont be NHS funded, until or unless the medical reasons are appropriately proved! And as this seems to me to be virtually impossible....it wont be funded!)

I am also very confused about the idea of a female chaperone not being sexually female? I thought the law was drafted at a time to define a female chaperone as someone of the female sex? If I am nervous and want a female chaperone, for whatever reason, then I would hope to get a woman not a man dressed up as a woman!
Years and years ago, we had a doctor who had to retire, after suggestions he had inappropriately touched female patients, After this the surgery was full of posters asking if we wanted a chaperone, and encouraging us to ask for this. If they hadnt been women, I would have been concerned!
I wasnt one of the ones who complained, but he had to take a coil out of me, ( it may have stopped me getting pregnant, but it made me bleed twice as much as usual,) I was so relieved to have it taken out, ...but it was an uncomfortable and far too intimate a process.

I also wonder how this works for religious groups? Isnt there something about Muslim women, not being able to undress, in front of a man, making things like childbirth or intimate care issues tricky. Does the Muslim religion, recognise gender changes, so that a transwoman is seen as a woman in a religious sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I also wonder how this works for religious groups? Isnt there something about Muslim women, not being able to undress, in front of a man, making things like childbirth or intimate care issues tricky. Does the Muslim religion, recognise gender changes, so that a transwoman is seen as a woman in a religious sense?
I'm unsure, too. My company has offices in Pakistan - an Islam country. It doesn't have a branch of our LGB employee group, but it does have one for trans people (elsewhere, they're part of the LGB one). I don't know whether that's because in Pakistan/Islam anyone gay is automatically considered to be the "wrong" sex and therefore not actually same-sex attracted. Ignorance may have caused me to make a huge, unfair assumption here, so if anyone can correct me, please do!

Am I also wrong in thinking similar "modesty" rules apply to Jewish people, too?

Ultimately though, none of this should matter. No woman should be left unchaperoned with a man regardless of whether they're wearing a skirt or not.

Reactions: 15
Smith, the bbc woke box-ticking to deliberately annoy people & the proms can duck off.

I'll be watching YouTube footage of old Proms- before the bbc made its content anti-British bias and box-ticking......

We watch YouTube Commonwealth tv recordings of Elgar; Harry's Jerusalem, Land of Hope & Glory, etc.

The bbc can duck off.
Bleeeurgh, won't be watching that.
Actually it was weirdly him that brought me over here, I kept getting in trouble on the celebrity death thread for misgendering him, and they told me to bring it here, so I did!
I'd read a bit before but never posted, it's my favourite thread now.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Visiting my mum and she presented me with this from today’s paper (you might have to zoom in 🔍!). The article discusses Starmer’s spinelessness and failure to defend Rosie Duffield and calls for Rosie to be made shadow secretary for women. It ends with a quote from Dodds when asked to define the word ‘woman:
1714051053946.jpeg

1714051030904.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.