Gender Discussion #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on folks…

Old thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Katie Dolatoeski is going to turn people against the GRR even more. She's doing the work for us.

Reactions: 25
Really feeling Belfast is gonna be worst than NZ, they've been riling themselves for weeks - I don't want anyone to be hurt but for the TRAs to really show what nasty pieces of tit they are.

copying and pasting the pics in case the tweet goes

1681384988128.png
1681385011801.png

Adding this tweet too

• Angry
Reactions: 20
The fact they’re so threatened by women trying to claim back our spaces yet TIM’s are apparently the “blueprint” and “trans girls do it better” is just laughable. duck off

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh for goodness sake. A random instagrammer i follow has had breast reduction surgery. Still leaving her with pretty large breasts, but easier on her back. The comments are FULL of people praising her ‘gender affirming surgery’ 🤯🤯🤯 and anyone who argues it’s not that is told rudely to ‘educate yourself’, ‘Google is free’, ‘gender affirming surgery isn’t just for trans people etc. Someone has even said ‘maybe her large breasts made her feel less feminine so it is gender affirming surgery’. Errrr no, they just hurt her back and neck 🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Oh for goodness sake. A random instagrammer i follow has had breast reduction surgery. Still leaving her with pretty large breasts, but easier on her back. The comments are FULL of people praising her ‘gender affirming surgery’ 🤯🤯🤯 and anyone who argues it’s not that is told rudely to ‘educate yourself’, ‘Google is free’, ‘gender affirming surgery isn’t just for trans people etc. Someone has even said ‘maybe her large breasts made her feel less feminine so it is gender affirming surgery’. Errrr no, they just hurt her back and neck 🙄🙄🙄
Anything's true if you say it loud enough!

Reactions: 16
I don't know if any of you are aware of a terrible YouTuber called Mr Beast. My children tell me that one of his crew of annoying sycophants has started identifying as a woman "but it's awkward because he was the all-American, "I love barbecue" one and now he's in nail varnish and lipstick and not funny any more" - so from now on at our house "they've lost their taste for barbecue" is shorthand for going trans.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Not a fan of Matt Walsh but the first point was spot on.
He's very good in those kinds of conversations. He listens and he's respectful but he always has an answer for them and he never sounds in any way unsure. I'd love to have his persuasive skills!

Reactions: 21

Clown world 🙃 Good on him for standing up to the nonsense!
I remember when I was getting my Covid vaccine (maybe the second or third one so around 2021?) there was an elderly man across from me when I was waiting and the Dr asked if there could be a chance he could be pregnant. The elderly man looked really upset, almost distraught. After he left the doctor was rubbing his hands around his eyes and the nurse said to him ‘you had to do, we all have to ask now, just in case we get reported’.
It was bloody stupid. Even if you go along with the delusion that men can be pregnant, surely there is an age cut off like with women? A man in his 80s most definitely wouldn’t be.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I can imagine my wee grandpa being really distressed by a question like that too. He’d think someone was taking the piss out of him. Professional credibility out the window. What man is going to complain because you didn’t ask if they’re pregnant? (Excepting the obvious answer…)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I can imagine my wee grandpa being really distressed by a question like that too. He’d think someone was taking the piss out of him. Professional credibility out the window. What man is going to complain because you didn’t ask if they’re pregnant? (Excepting the obvious answer…)
The thing is I live in a rural area so the likelihood of having a trans woman or man is very low. I didn’t recognise the dr, I’m thinking they may have brought him and the others from other areas as where I got my injection became a hub (they went through loads of people day after day). But saying this, I have family who work in the NHS locally and they have been told to include pronouns, some of the signs at the local hospitals have been made gender neutral - which confuses the elderly patients and those who don’t speak English as their first language. It’s madness. I don’t blame the doctor, yes it was a silly thing to ask but it comes to something when doctors feel they need to ask such a ridiculous question in case someone is listening in and a jobsworth reports them.

Clown world 🙃 Good on him for standing up to the nonsense!
I remember mentioning this a while back on another thread on here and someone commented back that this would never actually happen...........🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I remember when I was getting my Covid vaccine (maybe the second or third one so around 2021?) there was an elderly man across from me when I was waiting and the Dr asked if there could be a chance he could be pregnant. The elderly man looked really upset, almost distraught. After he left the doctor was rubbing his hands around his eyes and the nurse said to him ‘you had to do, we all have to ask now, just in case we get reported’.
It was bloody stupid. Even if you go along with the delusion that men can be pregnant, surely there is an age cut off like with women? A man in his 80s most definitely wouldn’t be.
Baaaahaha, what a load of bleeping nonsense!
I bet the doctors feel like idiots having to ask that. I hate when I get asked if I'm pregnant/when I had last had my period. I don't get it thanks to my birth control.

Reactions: 15
I had a breast reduction immediately after I turned 18. Yes, they hurt my back, but I also experienced significant psychological distress because of them. Not just did I garner very unwanted male attention, but I mainly felt fat and unattractive. Not "less feminine", though, mind you.

The surgery and recovery was rough, and trying to breastfeed my children (more than 10 years later) has been a struggle, but I'm still glad I did it because the surgery did make me feel a lot better and took a huge physical and psychological weight off me. I have scars that are visible, even more so when I'm intimate with someone, but they've never bothered me and I never felt the need for any additional cosmetic surgery, so in my case the choice was the absolutely right one, and helped me lead a healthy and normal life.

However, two things.
I don't think I was properly prepared for the longterm consequences. I dimly recall the surgeon mentioning something about potential difficulties if I ever wanted to breastfeed, and I also dimly recall both not really caring and not really understanding. I was considered gifted, an intelligent, well-read, and "very mature" young woman in my late teens, and I. Did. Not. Understand. The. Longterm. Consequences. I was simply too young, naive, and inexperienced to understand that I'd really want to breastfeed one day, and how exactly the surgery would make it difficult for me.

And secondly, I am indescribably glad that gender ideology wasn't around when I was growing up. I was a vulnerable, anxious teenager with depression and an eating disorder. I had several gay friends, and often wished I could be one of them - a gay boy rather than an awkward, gender-nonconforming nerdy girl with huge boobs.
Fortunately I grew up, went travelling, moved to a city where I met people with whom I actually connected and felt comfortable, and am now a happy slightly gender-nonconforming woman married to a happy slightly gender-nonconforming man.

I am worried for our children, though. Gender ideology is slowly seeping in where we live, and of course it's everywhere online. Fortunately our children are attending a more conservative school, so I hope they'll be protected there at least as long as they're small. But I can't say that I don't have a bit of a stomach ache thinking of their future.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Re: doctors asking males if they could be pregnant. 20 odd years ago when I was mid teens, we had a load of vaccinations at school. Every single one of us was asked if there was a possibility we could be pregnant. Male and female. Our head of year commented soon after in an assembly that by some kind of miracle almost all the boys in our year were pregnant.

Obviously all taken as a big joke back then. I dread to think what would happen now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I was very uncomfortable with puberty. I remember wishing I knew what it was like to be a boy. I remember hating having periods (I started late and had kind of got used to not having them. Then when they came they were never regular so always a surprise and an inconvenience) and when I went on the pill I used to run packets together without a gap so I didn’t have to have periods. Also the pill made my breasts grow so fast that they gave me stretch marks which I hated and I don’t think the pill was good for me mentally. I hadn’t wanted to go on hormones at 17. I asked the doctor if I could have a diaphragm and she said “no just take these” without any info about side effects. Terrible really.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.