Gender Discussion #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 'artist' appears to be a trans-identified female (you can see the scars on their IG) cosplaying an AGP. Bizarre.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 08.13.09.png

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 08.14.00.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I have so many issues with naked education. But 2 points I'll ask if it was truly about children learning that bodies are different..., why is the presenter the same adult who presents the show naked attraction, why not a teacher/doctor?
Why brand the show as naked educator (and with the same host) and create the link with the adult show "naked attraction"?
The bit with the teens is led by a doctor. We only see a short segment but i assume the doctor answers all the teens questions and dispels any myths but then they cut it down to what is shown on TV.

I would guess that they use the same host and a similar title because even though the show is pre watershed it is probably still mainly viewed by the same audience as naked attraction. Teens seeing it is probably an added bonus for the show but they aren’t the main target audience.

Reactions: 1
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I’m getting the impression online that ‘lesbian’ = older Karen type who likes hill walking whereas the younger glam ones are all pan and nb and queer.

*I know this is ridiculous and reductive but when women are supremely unbothered by male attention they are characterized as old, ugly, fat lesbians, even when they are no such thing and the younger generation have internalized this to denigrate women and especially actual lesbians minding their own business.*

I’m more thinking that looping LGB together itself was like BIPoC or BAME. It’s grouping very disparate people together and expecting them to think the same way, do lesbians and gay men stereotypically have anything in common other than being targets for homophobia? Hobbies, hangouts and interests appear to diverge wildly. Again, it’s mainly been about the men (and while there were legal obstacles for men that weren’t there for women I agree that was important).

I have always enjoyed the fact there is a middle aged besuited lesbian media sector at the bbc. Do these ladies actually believe that men should be dressing up and taking their places as ‘queer women’ representation? I bet they don’t, yet none of them speak out for fear of the younger crowd.

sorry that was a bit long

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The bit with the teens is led by a doctor. We only see a short segment but i assume the doctor answers all the teens questions and dispels any myths but then they cut it down to what is shown on TV.

I would guess that they use the same host and a similar title because even though the show is pre watershed it is probably still mainly viewed by the same audience as naked attraction. Teens seeing it is probably an added bonus for the show but they aren’t the main target audience.
But if they have much of the same audience my question is - why would the adult audience who watch Naked Attraction want to watch a show where teenagers look at adult naked bodies?

Reactions: 10
Internal misogyny in action - reminding myself that while there is nothing wrong with being a lesbian, also old, fat and ugly are just descriptions, and while they are used as words to hurt, they should not have power over me (fat ugly kid that I was) older and much fatter, might be ugly but trying not to care about it). Being a woman is hard, can I have a go at being something else too?

Reactions: 11
Naked Attraction listing for next week, intrigued as to whether 'her new body' actually means surgery or just the same male body magically transformed by the power of delusion.
20230413_111307.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I’ve set up a new thread but have mistakenly called it #43 instead of #44. Any idea how to edit thread titles??

Reactions: 1
I’ve set up a new thread but have mistakenly called it #43 instead of #44. Any idea how to edit thread titles??

If you want mods to see something just hit report, it's that easy!

Remember to report when starting a new thread, thanks

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.