Gender Discussion #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having trouble keeping up with posts here because it’s summer and because I’m a mum I do the lions share of childcare. Just another example of the gender imbalance and how we get shafted constantly.

Anyway enough about me 😁 someone asked about what peaked you. For me it sort of started with Caitlin Jenner as I used to watch KUWTK (for my sins) and I found it mind blowing that a 65 year old man could turn around and say he was a woman and change his name and he was celebrated? It annoyed me beyond words he was given a woman of the year award. duck THAT BRUCE. Absolute joke.

But I didn’t start really thinking about it until I think last year whenI heard my work were going to erase all mention of the words woman/she/her on the maternity policy. It made me absolutely raging. There’s still talk of it but thankfully it hasn’t been signed off yet. I’m hoping it never will be. It got me looking into it and I fell into a rabbit hole and was truly disgusted, upset and shocked at how women were being completely disregarded and ignored.

Someone posted an excellent post the other day about how rampant misogyny is becoming more the norm. With angry sad little men online rubbing their hands with glee thst they can call a woman a Karen and get away with it because it’s funny and accepted to call someone that. It’s sexist, ageist and completely misogynistic. Younger women online LOVE using it as an insult too. It’s truly sickening. As for the TRAs and the way Twitter and the woke luvvies turn a blind eye to their disgusting behaviour and even death threats tells you all you need to know about how society feels about women.

On the question would I want to be a man the answer is no, despite the tit we go through as women I am proud to be one. We are strong! We are warriors! I just wish we weren’t killed every 2 days and I wish I could go out a run at night without the fear of being attacked and murdered. Not asking much 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 49

What a lovely creature.

ETA sorry, not really GD/GC discussion but think it fits here regardless.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

What a lovely creature.

Ugh, he's such a prick. I don't even think he's being serious; he seems to be from the Katie Hopkins school of attention seeking for views and, therefore, money. Not that that makes it okay.

I sometimes visit Twitch to watch live streams and saw he was on one of them. He was sat there shirtless, mouthing off about how women are all bad drivers and a load of other misogynistic crap. To those who aren't aware, Twitch is mostly frequented by men and quite a few of them were laughing along in the comments. Now I'm sure many of them were taking the piss out of him, but it still engenders the view that women are lesser than men.

Twitch is quite left wing, though, so I can see them banning him before long.

Reactions: 8
Andy is just out to make money, he has an MLM and has used this online clout to made millions.
I don’t get why people keep acting like he’s saying some revolutionary stuff when he just spouts the exact same misogynistic, women hating, patriarchal bullshit that has been said about women by men for years.

Reactions: 12
Andy is just out to make money, he has an MLM and has used this online clout to made millions.
I don’t get why people keep acting like he’s saying some revolutionary stuff when he just spouts the exact same misogynistic, women hating, patriarchal bullshit that has been said about women by men for years.
Agreed. I don't know if it's maybe because not many men are as blatant about it as him maybe? It appeals to the incels who say crap like "finally a man is brave enough to speak the truth".

Going back to that stream, someone tackled him on the MLM stuff and he said something like "oh shut up, everyone finds you boring, bye mate". Of course his fans thought he'd won, but anyone else could see he was flustered. 😂

Agreed. I don't know if it's maybe because not many men are as blatant about it as him maybe? It appeals to the incels who say crap like "finally a man is brave enough to speak the truth".

Going back to that stream, someone tackled him on the MLM stuff and he said something like "oh shut up, everyone finds you boring, bye mate". Of course his fans thought he'd won, but anyone else could see he was flustered. 😂
Yeah I think a lot of what he says is very extreme, he says what a lot of the most misogynistic men think but know it’s unacceptable to say. He’s actually so cringe though, I’ve seen a few (teenage) girls exposing him and taking the piss out of him on tiktok for trying to slide into their dms 😭😭, one of them posted a second update video and he had blocked her after seeing her tiktok about him🤣. I think taking the piss out of men like that is the best way to deal with them, hit them in their massive egos.

Reactions: 14
Yeah I think a lot of what he says is very extreme, he says what a lot of the most misogynistic men think but know it’s unacceptable to say. He’s actually so cringe though, I’ve seen a few (teenage) girls exposing him and taking the piss out of him on tiktok for trying to slide into their dms 😭😭, one of them posted a second update video and he had blocked her after seeing her tiktok about him🤣. I think taking the piss out of men like that is the best way to deal with them, hit them in their massive egos.
Haha good on them. He's such a creep - makes your skin crawl.

I don't even see why he has such a big ego - he's not even attractive (in my opinion of course).

Reactions: 5

He sort of reminds me of Dan Bilzerian and how lots of men seem to idolise him/his lifestyle. I don't understand why...he doesn't look like an oil painting! I agree, Andrew Tate is a nasty piece of work and I hate that he still has such a big platform and influencing those who are vulnerable and impressionable. He's also part of that crowd who will do anything on social media for clout. Him living in Romania is something that should make lots of people sit up and pay attention, because of how much human trafficking happens in/passes through that part of Europe (as well as what that thread said about police attitudes to sexual assault victims).
The part about him preferring 18-year-olds is disgusting; it's grooming, predatory behaviour, disturbing and perverted. Reminds me of the creepy older men who go to bars and clubs, to try and pull younger women

• Angry
Reactions: 11
The boys in my 13 year old daughter’s year lap up Andrew Tate’s content. What a repellent individual.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

What a lovely creature.

Nice…. What a dick.
also, it really annoys me that the word “rape” is censored these days.

Reactions: 9
Ugh, he's such a prick. I don't even think he's being serious; he seems to be from the Katie Hopkins school of attention seeking for views and, therefore, money. Not that that makes it okay.

I sometimes visit Twitch to watch live streams and saw he was on one of them. He was sat there shirtless, mouthing off about how women are all bad drivers and a load of other misogynistic crap. To those who aren't aware, Twitch is mostly frequented by men and quite a few of them were laughing along in the comments. Now I'm sure many of them were taking the piss out of him, but it still engenders the view that women are lesser than men.

It’s scary that men support him.

Reactions: 7

No, he is being serious. There are many, many men who believe this stuff. They just don't dare say it out loud. My first boyfriend (if you can call it that), at 14 believed this stuff and that was almost 20 years ago. These attitudes have been around for many years, and we'd usually ignore it as incel BS but all it takes is for someone like Andrew Tate to normalise it, it seeps into mainstream social media and bam, the rot sets in.

We know the stuff he's coming out with sounds ridiculous, because it is. But a lot of people have no idea how many men truly hate women.

I would like to see more men speaking up about this stuff and not just saying "oh, ignore him and he'll go away". We have to stamp this tit out and stop platforming these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have to say I don't think I really understood the difference between sex and gender until I educated myself on this issue. I also probably grouped trans people in with everyone else that wasn't white and able bodied so I saw them as needing equality and understanding. Now I see it completely differently and think no one should be allowed to even attempt to change sex. Challenge gender roles by all means but any surgery should be banned and attempting to live as the other sex should also be unacceptable. It's like we're all supposed to buy into a massive game of 'let's pretend'.

I do think gender dysphoria should be treated sympathetically of course.
I agree with you. Under no circumstances should sex ever be challenged, men who are non-conforming males are still men. Women are being forced to accept the burden that 'confirming males' do not want to deal with which is very wrong. You do you, but use the correct facilities.

Of course it will stop. When those 1000 kids win their case against the Tavistock, and when the AGP's get cancer from all the cross sex hormones

The problem is, as with the likes of the BBC, who have already left the scheme, the cult members remain and the rot continues.

Reactions: 16
I had sponsored Stonewall ad appear on my Facebook feed today. I chose the option to hide it, and to tag my reason as "sensitive topic". Looks like they have tried to rack up some last ditch support on social media with the sponsored boost posts.

The logical conclusion of "not only women have periods/get pregnant" nonsense.
The other day my 8 year old son asked me if boys could be pregnant. I told him no, only girls/women could. He asked if that meant he couldn’t have a baby when he’s older. I said he and a woman can have a baby together but only the woman can be pregnant (and as I’m typing this the pregnant “man” emoji is coming up!)
It just seems crazy to me that children are being led to believe that boys and men can have periods and get pregnant.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
The other day my 8 year old son asked me if boys could be pregnant. I told him no, only girls/women could. He asked if that meant he couldn’t have a baby when he’s older. I said he and a woman can have a baby together but only the woman can be pregnant (and as I’m typing this the pregnant “man” emoji is coming up!)
It just seems crazy to me that children are being led to believe that boys and men can have periods and get pregnant.
☹

Gosh, imagine boys growing up getting genuinely confused and upset that their "period" hasn't started because they've grown up being told men "can" have periods?

It's child abuse to lie to them about their biological truth.

I have to sit in a darkened room for a while after reading this - they've invented another one o_O

View attachment 1490936
Maybe that one will suit the people who have no budget or can't be arsed to live action role play as "trans" but still want to be part of the ideology.

Clowns!

Edit, possible that this is a spoof?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Had fun at a hospital appointment today correcting all the forms they give me to complete e.g. "What are my pronouns with a lengthy list to choose from? I added "Her Ladyship" of course. "What gender was I identified at birth?" I crossed off and corrected "born female not assigned/identified just born that way".

• Heart
Reactions: 29
☹

Gosh, imagine boys growing up getting genuinely confused and upset that their "period" hasn't started because they've grown up being told men "can" have periods?

It's child abuse to lie to them about their biological truth.

Maybe that one will suit the people who have no budget or can't be arsed to live action role play as "trans" but still want to be part of the ideology.

Clowns!

Edit, possible that this is a spoof?
Possibly a spoof (sorry) - I've deleted my post. I double-checked the feed of the original poster.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.