• 70-79

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 80-89

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-99

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to the new thread - we are flying through them!

Poll is anonymous, but we've been discussing generational differences in gender views, so I was curious.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There’s a teen on here according to the poll?! Gosh let us know what you were really taught at school in the last few years! I dread to think..😮:)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
There are several teachers in my family and they’re all sick to death of having to deal with the parents of “trans” kids. They’ve said that many of the children don’t even understand what’s going on, they’ve just been told to wear a dress. Along with the children with physical and mental health issues, the “normal” children are now a minority in their classrooms.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Just jumping off the last thread to say I'm 31. Peaked when I was 25. Literally my first interaction with a "trans lesbian" did it for me. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It was the JK Rowling stuff which did it for me. I never massively paid attention to all of the TRA discourse and when the JK stuff first happened, I hadn’t even read the tweets. I just heard everyone calling her a violent transphobe and was just like wow JK!
Then about 6 months later I wondered wtf did JK even say, and when I read the tweets I was like wtf? This is what they’re crying over??? 🤣🤣 From the way people were acting, I legit thought she was tweeting out ‘kill all trannies’ on a daily basis! Then after that I just openly started stanning her, more on a free speech basis than anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Please to see this sign use the words “breastfeeding” and “mothers”

How long before it’s called bigoted and transphobic and non inclusive?
TBF bottle feeding parents - mums and dads out with the kid- also need space however that won’t be who complains it’ll be the “chest feeding” AGPs

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have to say I don't think I really understood the difference between sex and gender until I educated myself on this issue. I also probably grouped trans people in with everyone else that wasn't white and able bodied so I saw them as needing equality and understanding. Now I see it completely differently and think no one should be allowed to even attempt to change sex. Challenge gender roles by all means but any surgery should be banned and attempting to live as the other sex should also be unacceptable. It's like we're all supposed to buy into a massive game of 'let's pretend'.

I do think gender dysphoria should be treated sympathetically of course.

Reactions: 28
It was the JK Rowling stuff which did it for me. I never massively paid attention to all of the TRA discourse and when the JK stuff first happened, I hadn’t even read the tweets. I just heard everyone calling her a violent transphobe and was just like wow JK!
Then about 6 months later I wondered wtf did JK even say, and when I read the tweets I was like wtf? This is what they’re crying over??? 🤣🤣 From the way people were acting, I legit thought she was tweeting out ‘kill all trannies’ on a daily basis! Then after that I just openly started stanning her, more on a free speech basis than anything.

Ah Rowling, the biggest ever donor to the Tories :LOL:

Funniest thing I've seen on Twitte since a (young) TRA declaring that Glinner wrote Father Ted because he wanted to make Irish people love the Catholic Church.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
The vast majority of people are not onboard with Trans ideology at all. 98% of posts on Twitter come from 2% of users and those Trans users and their allies have done a stellar job of shutting down any pushback with their threats. I think in the next 6 months there will be a change on SM as more people get exposed to AGP Males in changing rooms and become more vocal about it and then the whole house of cards will fall.
RE Being Female I love it, wouldn't change it for the world. Carrying, birthing and raising my Son was one of the greatest privileges I have had, something Men can't and will never be able to do. Yes there were compromises to make both economically and personally but I have never loved a job more than I loved my Son and it was a fair trade IMO. That said I wouldn't want to do it twice. Also regarding how Men treat Women, when I was a lot younger I dated a guy that used to always try to open the car door for me, being the independent woman I am I railed against this and it then became a competition between us as to whether I could get out of the car before he could get round to open the door to the point where in my haste I literally fell out of the car onto my face. Looking back at 53 I wish I had embraced it. He worshipped me and all I did was pushback.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Carrying on the ‘what peaked you’ conversation. It was sport for me and all the unfairness of it. I always knew this was happening in the background but not really the extent or the details. I didn’t know anyone really affected by it and work (luckily) had not been roped into it. But reading about Rachel Mckinnion or whatever their name is now and seeing the photos of them and their competitors. It was so obviously unfair and they were twisting ‘science’ and statistics to support their narrative. Their voice rose loud above everyone else’s with so much hate and vitriol and yet they were supposed to be on the ‘right side of history’ and inclusive? At that point it seemed the word ‘inclusive’ had a very different meaning. It became about ‘trans’ feelings at the expense of everyone else’s, especially women.

Women are no longer able to express their discomfort or feelings about the spaces set up for them for their safety and fairness. But as soon as a TiM even sighs slightly in disgust, their feelings are put on a pedestal and they are praised as ‘stunning and brave’ instead of selfish and entitled like it should be. And let’s remember they are the most oppressed group on the planet. Sigh.

Not all men are dangerous and not all trans people are TRA’s but if they were really ’women’ and cared about women, they would want to keep us safe too from the predators who will / are taking advantage of being allowed access to our safe spaces and sports.They could very easily lobby for their own safe spaces or 3 sports categories (men’s, women’s and mixed where anyone can take part) They don’t because the TRAs care only about their rights and feelings and not anyone else’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have to say I don't think I really understood the difference between sex and gender until I educated myself on this issue. I also probably grouped trans people in with everyone else that wasn't white and able bodied so I saw them as needing equality and understanding. Now I see it completely differently and think no one should be allowed to even attempt to change sex. Challenge gender roles by all means but any surgery should be banned and attempting to live as the other sex should also be unacceptable. It's like we're all supposed to buy into a massive game of 'let's pretend'.

I do think gender dysphoria should be treated sympathetically of course.
IMO there is no such thing as gender, there is no right or wrong way to feel the sex you are born into you just are that sex. Accepting gender exists as a concept is to say that each sex has certain uniform characteristics other than biological which simply isn't true, we are assigned a sex at birth and then anything else is completely individual to each one of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Same. I read that statement JK wrote a few years back and couldn't see the problem with anything she'd written. I've always been a live and let live sort of person but it did feel like something had changed dramatically in the last few years. I've read more (the group has been very educational in particular) and it's not just about a few men who liked to wear female clothing or who felt so much in mental distress they needed to have reassignment surgery, it felt more like an aggressive campaign to erode women's rights and to 'cancel' or threaten anyone who raised concerns. It does seem like more people are waking up to what's happening in the last few months and feel more able to speak out.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I watch Athletics whenever it is on and I am getting really pissed off with the BBC. Yet another DSD athlete and not a single mention by the commentators. Getachew is 26, an Ethiopian that appeared out of nowhere to win the African National Championships 800m in a NR then got pulled from the Olympics on the day of the Heats, now competing in 3000m steeplechase which is the shortest event that the DSD rules do not apply to and was there one bleeping word about this during a 9 minute race, no there bleeping wasn't. As soon as I saw them I knew they were DSD. Given the age of the athlete when they appeared on the scene, I have to suspect that these African nations are now trawling for DSD athletes to compete in the women's events. The sooner the IAAF put a stop to any DSD athlete in any event competing, the better.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Two new articles on The Times website this morning, up to one thousand families planning to sue the Tavistock and a leaked memo from University and College Union (UCU) where members planned to out those suspected of being gender critical to college employers.

"A group of hard-left academics has been accused of stifling free speech on university campuses by plotting a witch-hunt against colleagues on gender identity.

University and College Union (UCU) members pledged to compile a list of university backroom staff suspected of holding gender-critical beliefs, the minutes from a meeting leaked to The Times reveal.The plan was to use this information to “inform” UCU university branches of their colleagues’ views, accusing them of being “transphobes” and “gender-critical activists”.

Academics said members of UCU, the lecturers’ union that represents more than 120,000 academics on UK campuses, were amplifying attacks on gender-critical feminists, with those speaking about sex-based rights compared to Holocaust deniers."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Ah Rowling, the biggest ever donor to the Tories :LOL:

Funniest thing I've seen on Twitte since a (young) TRA declaring that Glinner wrote Father Ted because he wanted to make Irish people love the Catholic Church.
Honestly. TRAs just make tit up. Whatever they make up gains traction in their community and soon enough it becomes a "fact" to them. But of course TRAs hate any sort of reality so it makes sense I suppose.

Also LOL at the Father Ted thing. 😂 😂

Reactions: 19
I watch Athletics whenever it is on and I am getting really pissed off with the BBC. Yet another DSD athlete and not a single mention by the commentators. Getachew is 26, an Ethiopian that appeared out of nowhere to win the African National Championships 800m in a NR then got pulled from the Olympics on the day of the Heats, now competing in 3000m steeplechase which is the shortest event that the DSD rules do not apply to and was there one bleeping word about this during a 9 minute race, no there bleeping wasn't. As soon as I saw them I knew they were DSD. Given the age of the athlete when they appeared on the scene, I have to suspect that these African nations are now trawling for DSD athletes to compete in the women's events. The sooner the IAAF put a stop to any DSD athlete in any event competing, the better.
Of course there won't be any mention of it by the bbc, they are all for it.

Reactions: 10
"A group of hard-left academics has been accused of stifling free speech on university campuses by plotting a witch-hunt against colleagues on gender identity.

University and College Union (UCU) members pledged to compile a list of university backroom staff suspected of holding gender-critical beliefs, the minutes from a meeting leaked to The Times reveal.The plan was to use this information to “inform” UCU university branches of their colleagues’ views, accusing them of being “transphobes” and “gender-critical activists”.

Academics said members of UCU, the lecturers’ union that represents more than 120,000 academics on UK campuses, were amplifying attacks on gender-critical feminists, with those speaking about sex-based rights compared to Holocaust deniers."
I work at a university that's on the Stonewall register, so I've always been very, very cautious about expressing any GC views. I was a lurker on here for a while before I got up the courage to start posting. I use Duck Duck Go instead of Google most of the time to avoid leaving a digital trail that could possibly be used against me at work.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I’ve just finished a book that reaffirmed my belief that women are amazing. Highly recommended.
D0C59B37-4925-428C-9CEB-B8187DD794C0.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Amnesty worrying about the biggest human rights issues... Rugby in Ireland.

After this last week you would think they'd keep their heads down

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.