Gender Discussion #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch Athletics whenever it is on and I am getting really pissed off with the BBC. Yet another DSD athlete and not a single mention by the commentators. Getachew is 26, an Ethiopian that appeared out of nowhere to win the African National Championships 800m in a NR then got pulled from the Olympics on the day of the Heats, now competing in 3000m steeplechase which is the shortest event that the DSD rules do not apply to and was there one bleeping word about this during a 9 minute race, no there bleeping wasn't. As soon as I saw them I knew they were DSD. Given the age of the athlete when they appeared on the scene, I have to suspect that these African nations are now trawling for DSD athletes to compete in the women's events. The sooner the IAAF put a stop to any DSD athlete in any event competing, the better.
I had a similar experience watching the world championships the other week, watching a very obviously male looking athlete line up for the women’s 200m. Googled their name and sure enough: DSD. Even my husband noticed and he’s not that observant.

This isn’t a coincidence is it? Caster Semenya slipped through the net, and now we have more DSD athletes than I can count either trading down or trading up their distance to comply with the completely insane new rules.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
IMO there is no such thing as gender, there is no right or wrong way to feel the sex you are born into you just are that sex. Accepting gender exists as a concept is to say that each sex has certain uniform characteristics other than biological which simply isn't true, we are assigned a sex at birth and then anything else is completely individual to each one of us.
I agree entirely. It's completely made up and nobody had ever heard of there being a difference 20 years ago!

We have a trans woman who works in one of our department stores and he/she couldn't be more helpful and it never bothered me. I just thought 'well that's their business' and just let them get on with it, as it didn't really affect me.

But then I was outraged when John Lewis and Marks and Spencer said they would allow whoever felt comfortable using the women's changing rooms to do so, and also in their bra fitting departments, with complete disregard for women and how they might feel. Then with sports beginning to allow men to compete in women's sports it has driven me completely mental. And then it just gets worse and worse, with Brownies and Guides, school toilets and changing rooms etc etc. I used to avoid this thread like the plague for the good of my blood pressure, because even hearing about it makes me furious, but @Cassandra333 finally persuaded me to visit!

I actually think they have mental health issues. As someone said previously, what's the difference between them and someone who wants to chop a limb off? Or someone who's convinced they're a dog or an alien?

I had a similar experience watching the world championships the other week, watching a very obviously male looking athlete line up for the women’s 200m. Googled their name and sure enough: DSD. Even my husband noticed and he’s not that observant.

This isn’t a coincidence is it? Caster Semenya slipped through the net, and now we have more DSD athletes than I can count either trading down or trading up their distance to comply with the completely insane new rules.
Caster Semenya's not so good now they've changed the testosterone levels though is she?!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ah Rowling, the biggest ever donor to the Tories :LOL:

Funniest thing I've seen on Twitte since a (young) TRA declaring that Glinner wrote Father Ted because he wanted to make Irish people love the Catholic Church.
The ignorance on display there is frightening. I can't even laugh at this tit any more.

Meanwhile..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The ignorance on display there is frightening. I can't even laugh at this tit any more.

Meanwhile..
Outrageous! How can they do this!? It violates the right to freedom of speech and maybe even privacy with the stupid suggestion of 'drawing up lists.' I hope that professor takes them for everything they've got and more

Reactions: 23
Just browsing Twitter and honestly, no compromise is the only way forward here.

TRAs over-complicate everything to obfuscate what really is a simple truth - we all know the difference between men and women.

The fact that I've spent my life among LGBT people, have trans(sexual) friends and acquanitences, have been gender non-conforming, have consistently donated to charities and voted for political parties that defend their rights is meaningless to them.

Women are just collateral damage in their narcissistic crusade. I wouldn't demand a right for myself that I thought would, either by accident or design or hurt other women. They demand unfettered access to women's spaces for anyone who identifies as a woman, knowing the inherent risk, but they're happy for women to be harmed and see it is as a reasonable, acceptable exchange.

Women are not responsible for the thoughts feelings, welfare or safety of gender non-conforming men. I'm done being the bigger or nicer person. duck off, 'no' is a complete sentence. Go and take it up with other men.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Women are just collateral damage in their narcissistic crusade. I wouldn't demand a right for myself that I thought would, either by accident or design or hurt other women. They demand unfettered access to women's spaces for anyone who identifies as a woman, knowing the inherent risk, but they're happy for women to be harmed and see it is as a reasonable, acceptable exchange.
Absolutely, the majority of TIMs are suffering from "I'm the main character" syndrome. They don't give a duck about women or our safety, their validation is the only thing that matters.

It's lost on them that the very reason why they "feel unsafe" in the gents toilets/changing rooms is exactly why we feel unsafe having them in our spaces, because they are men.
Why does their safety, feelings and rights trump ours? Let the men sort it out for themselves, leave us the hell out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It was the JK Rowling stuff which did it for me. I never massively paid attention to all of the TRA discourse and when the JK stuff first happened, I hadn’t even read the tweets. I just heard everyone calling her a violent transphobe and was just like wow JK!
Then about 6 months later I wondered wtf did JK even say, and when I read the tweets I was like wtf? This is what they’re crying over??? 🤣🤣 From the way people were acting, I legit thought she was tweeting out ‘kill all trannies’ on a daily basis! Then after that I just openly started stanning her, more on a free speech basis than anything.
I wondered that too. What JK said was NEVER that deep. She just speaks out her concern for the safety of women and girls. Nothing she tweeted out "enhances violence" on trans people. TRA are the ones preaching violence by saying #KILLJKROWLING all over Twitter and at protests.
E44ZbsGVIAQ-59t.jpg

And I'm pretty sure men are the ones killing TIM on the streets, not jk rowling's tweets?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Following on from some of the chat yesterday about the blue-haired brigade accusing Laeticia KY of transphobia because she rightly said women experience oppression due to their sex. Here's an article from BBC about virginity certificates, and is exactly why feminism needs to centre women and girls ONLY.

The blue-haired they/thems don't care because it will never happen to them. But they will tell you it's transphobic to point out that only women will experience this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Following on from some of the chat yesterday about the blue-haired brigade accusing Laeticia KY of transphobia because she rightly said women experience oppression due to their sex. Here's an article from BBC about virginity certificates, and is exactly why feminism needs to centre women and girls ONLY.

The blue-haired they/thems don't care because it will never happen to them. But they will tell you it's transphobic to point out that only women will experience this.

"But for many men, marrying a virgin is still fundamental.
"If a girl loses her virginity before marriage, she cannot be trustworthy. She might leave her husband for another man," says Ali, a 34-year-old electrician from Shiraz.
He says he's had sex with 10 women. "I couldn't resist," he says.
Ali accepts there's a double standard in Iranian society, but says he sees no reason to break away from tradition".

The mental gymnastics though!
By his own logic why would a woman want a man that wasn't a virgin before marriage?
Men like him need a kick up the hole!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
"But for many men, marrying a virgin is still fundamental.
"If a girl loses her virginity before marriage, she cannot be trustworthy. She might leave her husband for another man," says Ali, a 34-year-old electrician from Shiraz.
He says he's had sex with 10 women. "I couldn't resist," he says.
Ali accepts there's a double standard in Iranian society, but says he sees no reason to break away from tradition".

The mental gymnastics though!
By his own logic why would a woman want a man that wasn't a virgin before marriage?
Men like him need a kick up the hole!
Religion drives all that

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Two new articles on The Times website this morning, up to one thousand families planning to sue the Tavistock and a leaked memo from University and College Union (UCU) where members planned to out those suspected of being gender critical to college employers.

"A group of hard-left academics has been accused of stifling free speech on university campuses by plotting a witch-hunt against colleagues on gender identity.

University and College Union (UCU) members pledged to compile a list of university backroom staff suspected of holding gender-critical beliefs, the minutes from a meeting leaked to The Times reveal.The plan was to use this information to “inform” UCU university branches of their colleagues’ views, accusing them of being “transphobes” and “gender-critical activists”.

Academics said members of UCU, the lecturers’ union that represents more than 120,000 academics on UK campuses, were amplifying attacks on gender-critical feminists, with those speaking about sex-based rights compared to Holocaust deniers."
Holy Big Brother, Batman.

Reactions: 9
Amnesty worrying about the biggest human rights issues... Rugby in Ireland.
Not just Amnesty - also the Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL) and the National Women's Council of Ireland (NWCI). I think the problem is the large number of NGOs in Ireland and the incestuous relationship between them - for example a founder of TENI is on the board of the NWCI (Sara Phillips who is pretending to be a woman and a chartered accountant)

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Not just Amnesty - also the Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL) and the National Women's Council of Ireland (NWCI). I think the problem is the large number of NGOs in Ireland and the incestuous relationship between them - for example a founder of TENI is on the board of the NWCI (Sara Phillips who is pretending to be a woman and a chartered accountant)

Standing up for the rights of women to play contact sports against other women is a "dangerous precedent"? Dangerous, really?
I would have thought men playing rugby against women would be way more dangerous 🤔
I wish these loonies would eff off and leave us alone, start your own bloody teams if it's such a widespread issue, oh wait, there aren't enough TIMs to form a team? Well then I guess the proportion of people affected is so small to.....not be a problem in the first place?
These men can always play on the mens team if rugby really means that much to them, but we know it's not about the sport at all, don't we?

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Absolute pervert pretending to be an accountant ( I kid, but it's hard to tell if it is a joke anymore)

So they think that women should be put in danger to affirm someone else's belief then?

Reactions: 9
Absolute pervert pretending to be an accountant ( I kid, but it's hard to tell if it is a joke anymore)

So they think that women should be put in danger to affirm someone else's belief then?
Add the Migrant Rights Centre Ireland to that list - I think migrants who have escaped the Taliban could put them straight on what a woman is

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.