Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This is good news in terms of protecting the Olympics, but it seems it does not affect college events aka Lia Thomas can still do his thing. Some of the comments against it are baffling- calling it unscientific šŸ¤Ø

• Wow
Reactions: 19

This is good news in terms of protecting the Olympics, but it seems it does not affect college events aka Lia Thomas can still do his thing. Some of the comments against it are baffling- calling it unscientific šŸ¤Ø
Interesting, so college level doesnā€™t quite count as ā€œeliteā€? But presumably, since college level swimmers might have Olympic aspirations, no college or coach are going to waste their time fielding a dude in womenā€™s events.

Or is that wishful thinking?

Reactions: 17
They get told all this crap at school and college where its indoctrinated. Schools always have been Liberal now they are going overboard. Also, they are all glued to their phones watching YouTube videos and talks, and that's full of it too. Thankfully, like your Son, he's sensible, and has taken on board ' the full picture' now thanks to you two discussing it xx ...
My eldest went to Catholic Secondary School and I don't think the woke agenda was promoted as such. They did have a girl there who dressed like a lad. The youngest was online educated for secondary due to autism and bullying. He treats the woke/trans agenda with the contempt it deserves because he hasn't been exposed to liberal indoctrination.

I'd worry if I had daughters who were swallowing this rubbish because I think they'd be at risk of assault, bullying and exploitation from TRAs etc.

Reactions: 14

But this policy will cause literal drowning among trans people :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
But this policy will cause literal drowning among trans people :ROFLMAO:

These people live in their own planet honestly. Iā€™m convinced they donā€™t interact with people in real life this way. Only on Twitter and stuff. They get claps and likes from people just like themselves on these sites and this causes them to think everyone else is also agreeingā€¦ so they then say even more outrageous crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How does disqualifying someone from competing in elite swimming competitions - like the Olympics - mean they donā€™t have any intention to learn to swim? Guess what - 99.9 % of swimmers will not be elite.

These people are insane

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
How does disqualifying someone from competing in elite swimming competitions - like the Olympics - mean they donā€™t have any intention to learn to swim? Guess what - 99.9 % of swimmers will not be elite.

These people are insane
Anyway, Iā€™d have thought most people who learn to swim do so as fairly young children, regardless of whether or not they go on to be elite swimmers. Then again, we do have parents who think their children are trans at the age of 2.

Reactions: 19
Iā€™m convinced some of those little masked shitbags are mainly opposed to showing their faces because they donā€™t want their mums to find out about it. Theyā€™d get a right ear bashing when they go home for tea after an afternoon of bullying women and gay men in the city centre.
Saw these on Twitter. Literally getting a stiffy on by shouting at and abusing women.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Is anyone watching the Allison Bailey case? Itā€™s the final day, summaries, and then await for the outcome šŸ¤žšŸ½

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The way I'm feeling of late, I'd just love to win one of those mega jackpots on the lottery, buy a lovely island somewhere and make it women only.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Is anyone watching the Allison Bailey case? Itā€™s the final day, summaries, and then await for the outcome šŸ¤žšŸ½
I got told off a bit by the judge at the end šŸ¤šŸ¤šŸ¤I thought it was over so thanked Allison and said she was a gay icon in the chat

and now, we wait šŸ¤žšŸ½

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Interesting, so college level doesnā€™t quite count as ā€œeliteā€? But presumably, since college level swimmers might have Olympic aspirations, no college or coach are going to waste their time fielding a dude in womenā€™s events.

Or is that wishful thinking?
Yeah it confuses me too. Seems to imply that elite is basically the Olympics. :/ It's a step in the right direction though. And it's an interesting point you raise, one can definitely hope it decentivizes investment in those looking to cheat the system like Lia.

Reactions: 10
Yeah it confuses me too. Seems to imply that elite is basically the Olympics. :/ It's a step in the right direction though. And it's an interesting point you raise, one can definitely hope it decentivizes investment in those looking to cheat the system like Lia.
I'd imagine it will include world champs as well as an event which comes under FINA's auspices. It would be logical to expect continental and national swimming associations to follow suit though - because who wants to crown a champion and then send an understudy to the Olympics - unless they really fancy making a point.

Reactions: 8
Just in case anyone wants some clarification on the elite/NCAA thing: Elite athletes are the national team, who represent their country internationally. NCAA athletes are ā€˜amateursā€™ and until this year werenā€™t allowed to accept any money for their likeness or prize money for their sport until after their NCAA career was over. A lot get full scholarships. Most athletes tend to go from NCAA careers onto elite careers if theyā€™re good enough, the only exception is gymnastics, where itā€™s the opposite way round. Hopefully NCAA will change their rules too, but as for Lia Thomas, heā€™s graduated now.

Reactions: 9
I hope Allison wins. What do you think will be the outcome?
I think she may be borderline about definitively proving that the clerks were deliberating not sending her work, but I think/hope she'll win on the other grounds.

Anyway, Iā€™d have thought most people who learn to swim do so as fairly young children, regardless of whether or not they go on to be elite swimmers. Then again, we do have parents who think their children are trans at the age of 2.
Trans toddlers is a terrifying concept.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I hope Allison wins. What do you think will be the outcome?
Im not legally minded so have no idea tbh. But from watching what I did, I can say that to me it looked like the witnesses for Stonewall/GCC came across as an absolute shambles and, quite frankly, liars at times. (At one point Alisonā€™s lawyer said something about a Stonewall(?) witness and the opposition lawyer said something like ā€œare you suggesting witness is lyingā€ and Alisonā€™s lawyer replied something like ā€œThat is exactly what I am sayingā€).

I still canā€™t get over that awful woman who worked for GCC and is now a judge actually admitting she would discriminate against gender critical people and thinks the spousal veto is transphobic. Can you imagine anyone with GC beliefs having to be in a case that she is presiding over?

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.