Gender Discussion #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Martin Daubney is a Brexit wanker. Thicko ex Sun and lads mag journo. The Reclaim Party is Lozza Fox’s vanity project. Please don’t applaud them. Just because they agree with me on this one point, they aren’t my friends or allies. I want nothing to do with extreme right wingers or libertarians.

Reactions: 11

This post is madness. A lonely incel male who thinks dating will be easier as a women? All comments encouraging them to transition, that they're definitely a transwoman. He needs therapy not HRT.
Wtf!?
So one commenter says that all it takes to be a women is 'if thinking of it makes your heart sing', what utter bullshit!

And secondly, someone commenting that he sounds a nice person, when he described being a bitter, lonely incel... Why do women bend over backwards to accommodate these weirdos!

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Wtf!?
So one commenter says that all it takes to be a women is 'if thinking of it makes your heart sing', what utter bullshit!

And secondly, someone commenting that he sounds a nice person, when he described being a bitter, lonely incel... Why do women bend over backwards to accommodate these weirdos!
My heart doesn't sing about being a woman these days that's for sure. Older women are made to feel completely invisible.

I was just in a meeting where my colleagues were discussing a social media campaign and another meeting was arranged for all the younger members of the team to make decisions because you know being old I obviously don't understand about social media 🙄

I wonder if trans women will experience being made to feel invisible when they are older 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Going to have to find a new nail place.
Screenshot_20220216-085829_Instagram.jpg

I will not be visiting any salon that advertises this. If a man wants to get his nails done fair enough, you don't need to advertise you are "inclusive"

It is the implications of trans people booking intimate waxing that horrifies me the most. I'm sure they would all think the therapist would have no clue they were formerly men, but we know that's not the case.

And I'm sure back, sack and crack waxes are a different level to normal bikini waxes. But if they book a bikini wax and the therapist refuses on the grounds they can't wax balls I'm sure they will be screaming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My heart doesn't sing about being a woman these days that's for sure. Older women are made to feel completely invisible.

I was just in a meeting where my colleagues were discussing a social media campaign and another meeting was arranged for all the younger members of the team to make decisions because you know being old I obviously don't understand about social media 🙄

I wonder if trans women will experience being made to feel invisible when they are older 🤔

Nah. They cherry pick all the good, superficial bits that turn them on. Tits, lippie, high heels. Even the idea of having a period turns them on. And actually they have the best of both worlds: They get all the advantages of men and then pretend to be women whilst everyone tells them how bleeping 'brave' and 'stunning' they are. Menopause will be jack tit to them anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is a hate thread right? Against trans women? I'm just checking I haven't read the room wrong?
Because reading all these comments has made me die a little inside.
I have a trans daughter and she IS and will always be a WOMAN. She came out age 7. She always knew from as soon as she could communicate that she should be a girl.
It is not like that for all trans women. Many take decades to realise what is wrong and to be brave enough to take the steps to transition. Many just give up and add to the suicide statistics.
My daughter, now age 24, campaigns endlessly for trans rights, she fights a daily battle.
Every single person on this thread should hang their heads in shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is a hate thread right? Against trans women? I'm just checking I haven't read the room wrong?
I have a trans daughter and she IS and will always be a WOMAN. She came out age 7. She always knew from as soon as she could communicate that she should be a girl.
It is not like that for all trans women. Many take decades to realise what is wrong and to be brave enough to take the steps to transition. Many just give up and add to the suicide statistics.
My daughter, now age 24, campaigns endlessly for trans rights, she fights a daily battle.
It isn't a hate thread no

However there are a lot of people with gender critical views on this thread.

I personally believe in biological sex (which you cannot change) and not gender (which is mainly formed of stereotypes)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It isn't a hate thread no

However there are a lot of people with gender critical views on this thread.

I personally believe in biological sex (which you cannot change) and not gender (which is mainly formed of stereotypes)
I agree with you, HoGi. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No we shouldn't we should be proud, we are standing up for the rights of biological women rather than trampling all over them. Trans people are entitled to the same rights as anyone else they're NOT entitled to take women's hard fought single sex spaces for themselves, many people would support 3rd separate space but this is not what Tras want.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
@Bettiboo I think the people who should hang their heads in shame are the ones who want to erode the rights of women and girls and the ones who send children down surgery/medical pathways. How do you explain a 4000% increase if not social contagion?

I had no problem with trans people until it started affecting women in sports, women in prisons and in rape crisis centres. Oh, and women in Canada who didn’t want to wax Jessica Yaniv’s hairy bollocks.

Ps - loving the ‘brave’ and bringing suicide into the conversation - very on brand of you. Just missing ‘stunning’ or you’d have had the hat trick.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
No we shouldn't we should be proud, we are standing up for the rights of biological women rather than trampling all over them. Trans people are entitled to the same rights as anyone else they're NOT entitled to take women's hard fought single sex spaces for themselves, many people would support 3rd separate space but this is not what Tras want.
Even though I don't agree with with the 'biological sex over gender' I can understand why some woman feel that way and I can understand why some women feel.uncomfortable with sharing woman only spaces with trans women. I DO understand that. BUT most of what I have read on this thread is just utterly disrespectful and hateful. The post just before about waxing is a prime example. This is why the TERF ideology is so dangerous. You pretend that you aren't transphobic, that you are just standing up for women. Yet you persist in insinuating that trans women are predatory? Why are you so scared to share your space with a trans woman? Asking as a person who has been sexually assaulted - the presence of a trans woman in the public toilets does not bring me trauma or upset.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Even though I don't agree with with the 'biological sex over gender' I can understand why some woman feel that way and I can understand why some women feel.uncomfortable with sharing woman only spaces with trans women. I DO understand that. BUT most of what I have read on this thread is just utterly disrespectful and hateful. The post just before about waxing is a prime example. This is why the TERF ideology is so dangerous. You pretend that you aren't transphobic, that you are just standing up for women. Yet you persist in insinuating that trans women are predatory? Why are you so scared to share your space with a trans woman? Asking as a person who has been sexually assaulted - the presence of a trans woman in the public toilets does not bring me trauma or upset.
Testicles literally come under a different part of training for beauty therapists.

A transwoman who books a bikini wax maybe be turned away because the therapist isn't trained in that part of the human anatomy. But sure they are a woman 😑

ETA and there is it calling us TERFs. Happens every few months, someone joins calls us TERFs and runs away.

I am not scared if sharing a room with a trans person. But I am pro single SEX spaces. Women (read adult human females) deserve single sex spaces. They deserve to compete in sports against other women and not men. There are huge biological differences between men and women and to deny that is lunacy

• Heart
Reactions: 39
@Bettiboo I think the people who should hang their heads in shame are the ones who want to erode the rights of women and girls and the ones who send children down surgery/medical pathways. How do you explain a 4000% increase if not social contagion?

I had no problem with trans people until it started affecting women in sports, women in prisons and in rape crisis centres. Oh, and women in Canada who didn’t want to wax Jessica Yaniv’s hairy bollocks.

Ps - loving the ‘brave’ and bringing suicide into the conversation - very on brand of you. Just missing ‘stunning’ or you’d have had the hat trick.
Yes my daughter is BRAVE and has attempted SUICIDE in her teens and she is completely and utterly STUNNING - there' s your hat trick.
She's also married to a straight guy. So all the posts earlier about straight guys dating trans women being actually bi or having a weird fetish is rubbish.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why should a female only waxer b forced to wax male private parts.
Bet this child has trauma and upset
As do the women trapped in a prison with

Reactions: 10
Well done you came in and told us what you think of us.

I don’t agree with you. Gender ideology is regressive and relies on stereotypes of what a woman or man is to give a ‘feeling’ of wrongness. Gender is also not equivalent to sex and single sex spaces are important.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Any trans woman would not go to a female only waxer without telling them they were trans. Respect works both ways and it would be utterly disrespectful to do that and also dangerous.

Wow - an article from The Daily Mail to backup your claims. I rest my case.

Do you know what? I don’t give a tit who dates who. I don’t care what they call themselves. I just want them to leave women and our rights and our spaces and the actual word that describes who we are alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Also realise there is no point arguing with you. You won't hear from me again. I'll be busy living my hate free life.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why though is the fact that many women feel vulnerable or unsafe within confined private spaces due to the presence of people of the male sex something that has to be ignored? Women have campaigned in order to have their needs and rights recognised and validated. Not all men, or people of the male sex are predators, ofcourse not, but many women have experienced assault, sexism or have cultural backgrounds where sex's are divided. I think too it's worth realising that the definition of trans has vastly changed over the years, which yes is progressive for those who have different gender identities, but it can also mean someone still without surgery, entering a space which makes women feel vulnerable (are we victim blaming women for this now?). Can there be a compromise here, or even the recognition that women's traumas are valid too?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Also realise there is no point arguing with you. You won't hear from me again. I'll be busy living my hate free life.
Oh good, now we don't have to put with you mocking women's ordeals because it doesn't fit your narrative. Dont let the door hit you on the way out and then we can get back to our lives of making single sex spaces safe for biological women and girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.