Gender Discussion #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sent this to the town clerk of Bangor about the mayor

To whom it may concern

On 31/1/2022 your mayor tweeted about an incident in a nightclub that did not involve him nor was he a witness to. He made allegations against the club which has prompted people to call for a boycott of it or legal action. This is using his position as mayor to bully a business without the facts being fully investigated.

This is against 2.4 of the Local Government Act 2000 which states an elected representative must "not use bullying behaviour" . Given that he is fully aware of the widespread support that he holds negative and unfounded allegations against any business could have a massive detrimental impact.

I trust this will be investigated fully

anyone else wants to email its

[email protected]

and its under https://bangorcitycouncil.gov.wales/Content/Upload/Local-Government-Act-2000.pdf

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m laughing at Lorraine Kelly saying recent pictures of Madonna are ‘sleazy’. Can you imagine if it was Eddie Izzard dressed the same? She’d be all ‘look at how gorgeous and stunning Eddie is in these pictures’ 😂 it’s a sad day men in dresses get so much (fake) praise as women are still being judged. Talk about misogyny in plain sight 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m laughing at Lorraine Kelly saying recent pictures of Madonna are ‘sleazy’. Can you imagine if it was Eddie Izzard dressed the same? She’d be all ‘look at how gorgeous and stunning Eddie is in these pictures’ 😂 it’s a sad day men in dresses get so much (fake) praise as women are still being judged. Talk about misogyny in plain sight 🙄
I bleeping hate that insincere smug bleep Lorraine. She is no friend to women.

Reactions: 20
Had a good chat with a relative yesterday, they are male and disgusted with the whole TRA movement too. Relieved to know some one outside my immediate family understands.

Reactions: 11
Had a good chat with a relative yesterday, they are male and disgusted with the whole TRA movement too. Relieved to know some one outside my immediate family understands.
Just before christmas, I talked to my old boss/now a good friend who is worried I have no friends where I currently live. And I have one friend from a few years back who moved here last summer, but he's a transman and has said "die terfs" stuff online. In person, he's lovely - we get on great/ but just knowing about his online presence and how conflicted we are on this issue, I just don't want to reach out to hang out (even though, aside from this, I really like hanging out with him!).

And I hesitated before explaining this to my old friend, even though I know her opinion aligns with mine!

It's such a stifling mindfuck - even as it felt so good to talk about it with someone else, while as we have mutual friends who are they/them, and I'm guilty they (as in several) don't know I'm not on the same page as them.

Reactions: 9
Just before christmas, I talked to my old boss/now a good friend who is worried I have no friends where I currently live. And I have one friend from a few years back who moved here last summer, but he's a transman and has said "die terfs" stuff online. In person, he's lovely - we get on great/ but just knowing about his online presence and how conflicted we are on this issue, I just don't want to reach out to hang out (even though, aside from this, I really like hanging out with him!).

And I hesitated before explaining this to my old friend, even though I know her opinion aligns with mine!

It's such a stifling mindfuck - even as it felt so good to talk about it with someone else, while as we have mutual friends who are they/them, and I'm guilty they (as in several) don't know I'm not on the same page as them.
I've ranted a bit about this at a few social gatherings and have had more support from men than women.
Most women seem only too happy to say TWAW. I'm dreading a meet up on Friday with a bunch of rather 'woke Guardian reading' women I know 😪

Reactions: 8
Fair Play For Women vs the Scottish Ministers in court tomorrow over the definition of sex in the Scottish Census. They'll be live-tweeting from 10am.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Whoa, look at this. Woman orders Helen Joyce’s “Trans” from the library. When she goes to collect it, she finds a pro-trans book on the reservations shelf with her name on it.

Just imagine someone reserving an atheist book and finding a member of library staff has reserved them a copy of the Bible alongside it. FFS.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

Whoa, look at this. Woman orders Helen Joyce’s “Trans” from the library. When she goes to collect it, she finds a pro-trans book on the reservations shelf with her name on it.

Just imagine someone reserving an atheist book and finding a member of library staff has reserved them a copy of the Bible alongside it. FFS.
The absolute gall. Why do people think this is ok? If I wanted a book on serial killers, I wouldn't get a book on kindness alongside it, unasked for?

Isn’t it? It’s not even passive-aggressive, it’s aggressive. It’s saying “we see you”.
It’s the level of brainwashing that gets me. That woman is in Canada where trans ideology is so pushed on everyone, I don’t know how you could live there if you weren’t in the cult. There is no way you’d get away with this for any other opposing views.

Ridiculous. Never mind that in order to refute something you actually have to read and understand it. Reading a book doesn't mean you share its view (although in the case of that book I do). I've read about Ted Bundy but I'm not a fuckin serial killer 😂

Also, the idea that we don't know anything about LGBT+ people. I've spent more years in the company of gay and gender non-confirming people than the majority of these TWAW twats, I guarantee it.

Reactions: 14
HRT's going to be made available over the counter rather than needing a prescription - I wonder if this is for menopausal women only and if so, will transwomen bring a discrimination case?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
There is a thread on mumsnet where a live web chat with Stella Creasy and Caroline Noakes shows exactly what they think of gender critical women.
Some of the posters are amazing and the MPs are awful. These are the women representing us😢 in parliament and they told posters asking about women’s rights to ‘be kinder’.

Wow. Go Mumsnet!!! (Who knew?)

• Sad
Reactions: 16
There is a thread on mumsnet where a live web chat with Stella Creasy and Caroline Noakes shows exactly what they think of gender critical women.
Some of the posters are amazing and the MPs are awful. These are the women representing us😢 in parliament and they told posters asking about women’s rights to ‘be kinder’.

Wow. Go Mumsnet!!! (Who knew?)
The Mumsnet Feminism topic is very, very good on women's rights. I know we all take the piss out of the site here, but trans rights activists have been trying to shut that board down for years, even to the point of targeting Mumsnet advertisers, and they've kept it going.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.