Gender Discussion #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
regardless of how many votes she gets you know the guardian will ignore her, probably someone trans will win. I also find it sad I said that I felt I wanted to stay anonymous
For sure, but it would send a nice message to the Guardian if she got a high number of votes!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
regardless of how many votes she gets you know the guardian will ignore her, probably someone trans will win. I also find it sad I said that I felt I wanted to stay anonymous
Hope they read the statements supporting her. I suppose one of lil Owen's pack will win.

Reactions: 9
Hope they read the statements supporting her. I suppose one of lil Owen's pack will win.
yeh definitely. Owen will write an article/do a video about how many of the voters are "transphobic rightwing.."blablabla

Reactions: 7
I'd turn it around by asking 'what's the big deal with a trans woman using the male bathroom, the bathroom that matches their sex?'
This is the answer I've been looking for, to counter the "but they're a woman" who's coming into the ladies toilets, the women's fitting room, the women's swim changing room...

Edit to add women's as it read weird!

Reactions: 3
This is the answer I've been looking for, to counter the "but its a woman" who's coming into the ladies toilets, your fitting room, your swim changing room...
I would also say 'trans is a diversity of masculinity. Is there a reason why you want to reject them?'. And if I was feeling in a spicy mood I'd also say 'are you threatened by different sorts of masculinity?'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I would also say 'trans is a diversity of masculinity. Is there a reason why you want to reject them?'. And if I was feeling in a spicy mood I'd also say 'are you threatened by different sorts of masculinity?'
Excellent!

Please send more examples of what to counter arguments with as I'm running out of words, this thread is brilliant!

Reactions: 6
I would imagine some men wouldn't want trans men to go into their bathrooms in the same way that so many men are really homophobic, but I imagine a lot fo them just don't care either way as they don't feel at risk from a man, which is why they cannot (or do not) understand why women do not want men in our space

Reactions: 7
The only area trans men to women haven't hijacked yet seems to be miscarriage. I have a sense of dread that I'll be wrong about this though.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I would imagine some men wouldn't want trans men to go into their bathrooms in the same way that so many men are really homophobic, but I imagine a lot fo them just don't care either way as they don't feel at risk from a man, which is why they cannot (or do not) understand why women do not want men in our space
Yeah think that's the issue with the men I mentioned - they're chill with it and don't see why I wouldn't be, precisely because of that - they don't think a woman would be statistically likely to do them any harm or threaten them in any way (obviously though women can and do assault men), whereas for us it's like mmm no, I don't know a single woman who hasn't been verbally assaulted, sexually assaulted, physically assaulted by a man, even if the man in question has the nicest nature or whatever I do not want them in a woman's only space!! Because they are not a woman!! And if it makes me a transphobe to point out that it's not fair and doesn't feel safe then so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The only area trans men to women haven't hijacked yet seems to be miscarriage. I have a sense of dread that I'll be wrong about this though.
only a matter of time, did you see the post someone put here about the trans person taking a pregnancy test (knowing they cou;dn't be pregnant) yet still upset with the result? or pretending to have periods? this seems just the next "logical" step

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
only a matter of time, did you see the post someone put here about the trans person taking a pregnancy test (knowing they cou;dn't be pregnant) yet still upset with the result? or pretending to have periods? this seems just the next "logical" step
I did! (Longtime lurker here). Its grim.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
an absolute low point will be when abortion clinics (as if they don't have enough issues) have to stop using the words women or female
Interesting point you've just made there, do the righteous TRAs carefully word their placards if they protest against abortion? What a complicated world they live in.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.