Gender Discussion #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also saw some stories the other day about binders and oh God...they really know how to find ways to makes us women hate our bodies! Young teens suffering literal injuries to pretend they have no breasts.
If I was a parent and saw my daughter with bruises all over her body, I wouldn't just be able to be like "yes sweetie, so brave and beautiful". duck that. How is that progress??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The same people that think binders are empowering would probably find that breast ‘ironing’ in other cultures was a barbaric, inhumane and misogynistic practice. Personally I can see little difference in the two - both seem to be an attempt to render young women unattractive to males and create a hatred of their own natural bodies.

Reactions: 19
Footbinding anyone? Except that cloven feet were meant to be attractive, rather than ordinary feet that women could walk on... :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Happy to see Dave Chapelle spoke out in support of Rowling and women's rights 👍🏻. Of course he got in tit for it.

Reactions: 14
One of my personal things is that I don’t automatically give way to men any more. One of my ex colleagues used to take up the whole corridor as he walked and everyone else would have to squash to the side. One day I just braced that side and basically shoulder barged him (because of the height difference). Of course both apologised for the accident but he started giving a bit more room. I’m not charging people but I don’t yield my space for their comfort. Same as when I have a buggy I don’t expect to put it in the road when someone walking can go around (of course anyone with walking difficulty or wheelchair I make room).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Constant social conditioning
What purpose does this advertising have when it’s from a bank??? It doesn’t tell me anything about the bank or it’s financial products? It really does seem so pointless.

Also @Vanelope i do the same thing now I always used to give way to men!

I saw this the other day. I am baffled and mad that tax payers are funding this. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...a-facial-feminzation-surgery-appeal-1.6203971
I’ll have a nose job then seeing as they are giving cosmetic surgery away free

Reactions: 16
It’s interesting, isn’t it, the way TRAs and GC alike say “gender is a social construct” but it seems to have opposite meanings?

To me, it means that gender is nothing but a set of expectations for male and female presentation and behaviour that society imposes on us.

To TRAs it means “gender is meaningless so let’s all call ourselves non-binary and lop our breasts off”.

🤷‍♀️
exactly, so gender is a construct but let's create increasingly niche terms to define ourselves? I have said it amillion times and I will say it again, this whole "movement" is dragging us into the past, we had started to move away from things designated to either men or women (in terms of trivial things like clothes, childerns toys etc) now we have very much gone backwards

• Heart
It doesn't add up at all does it. Like sex is binary, we know that, you know that, you changed it from transexual to transgender which made it no longer about sex, but instead about the social construct that is gender, but then want to use this to trample all over sex based rights?

Your reproductive organs and chromosomes make you male/female, woman/man, boy/girl.

Your desire to wear lipstick, a dress or dye your hair blue is just an expression of yourself.

Why is there this need to overcomplicate things. There is no feeling that comes with being male or female, it's just something you are, like a cat is a cat or a pig is a pig.

Reactions: 20
Is anyone else anticipating the day where you go to do online clothing shopping and there is no longer a "woman's" section??

Also does anyone follow good ig accounts against this nonsense?

Reactions: 8
exactly, so gender is a construct but let's create increasingly niche terms to define ourselves? I have said it amillion times and I will say it again, this whole "movement" is dragging us into the past, we had started to move away from things designated to either men or women (in terms of trivial things like clothes, childerns toys etc) now we have very much gone backwards
It's so regressive, and yet they'd accuse us of being in cahoots with the Christian right.

The idea that they need surgery so their outsides match how they feel is bleeping ridiculous too. Like millions, probably billions of women don't hate their bodies. For years I couldn't look at myself - in retrospect body dysmorphia, but nobody was offering me a new set of tits and a tummy tuck.

Reactions: 13
Is anyone else anticipating the day where you go to do online clothing shopping and there is no longer a "woman's" section??

Also does anyone follow good ig accounts against this nonsense?
honestly this wouldn't bother me, I would be fine with stuff listed by "dresses" shirts" "bras" or whatever, for me this would be what I would like society to be. Wear what you want, who cares. I would though still have divided chaning rooms regardless of what you are trying on

Reactions: 11
It doesn't add up at all does it. Like sex is binary, we know that, you know that, you changed it from transexual to transgender which made it no longer about sex, but instead about the social construct that is gender, but then want to use this to trample all over sex based rights?

Your reproductive organs and chromosomes make you male/female, woman/man, boy/girl.

Your desire to wear lipstick, a dress or dye your hair blue is just an expression of yourself.

Why is there this need to overcomplicate things. There is no feeling that comes with being male or female, it's just something you are, like a cat is a cat or a pig is a pig.
They'll argue that sex isn't binary now though. Of course intersex people exist, but it is statistically very, very rare. They seem to ignore the fact you can sex any mammal in the same way you can a human. Maybe I should go and ask my cat if he feels like he should be a lady cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They'll argue that sex isn't binary now though. Of course intersex people exist, but it is statistically very, very rare. They seem to ignore the fact you can sex any mammal in the same way you can a human. Maybe I should go and ask my cat if he feels like he should be a lady cat.
Can you even imagine being one of the few born with what is a birth defect, that's made life for you very hard and Confusing, just to be used in that manner by some narcissistic trans people who have chosen to duck their bodies up. How awful that must feel. I'm sure many have said please don't do that, but of course the feelings of others are not important in their quest for world domination.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.