Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember a few years ago there was a viral water challenge raising money for a worthy cause it involved filming chucking ice water over a willing participants who would then nominate another. It didn't really register with me at the time although I was aware of it.

I heard a conspiracy theory recently that this was a test run to see how you can easily use social media to make adults do bizarre things quickly and on a large scale and thinking about it I sure would not like to sit there and have ice water over my head it is a bit extra and unusual.

But sorry, long post, it has parallels with how quick TRA has become a thing and how SM has spread it. And how bizarre it all really is if you ( not us) take time to think- men brain/woman brain, biology being denied etc 🤔

Edited to say I don't know the veracity of the theory but it makes more sense to me than JFK getting death threats for saying woman is a biological sex

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Just to add to the justifiable outrage that many of us are feeling at this utter BS check this out. OMFG my blood is boiling at this
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
They are using it as a scapegoat reason for their crime, as it if suddenly makes their crime "acceptable" 🤢

I’ve been reading these threads for the past couple of days and you have all really opened my eyes. I’m a ‘millennial’ on the cusp of gen Z and have embarrassingly up until recently played into this ‘woke’ culture. I’ve always been really into Twitter but have found recently it’s just unbearable, full of people that love to complain about things they don’t understand and calling people out for simply having an opinion. I’ve always supported gay rights from a very young age and this has somehow blended into me supporting trans rights, cos why not? It doesn’t effect me does it? But after reading these threads I can see it really does. As a woman we are now losing our spaces to more men. I’ve noticed an increase of gay men calling for straight women to be banned from gay bars and it genuinely upsets me. Women literally have no safe spaces. I was also really offended recently by an drag queen on drag race who did an act where she was topless with the most ridiculous fake rubber boobs and she swung them around and slapped them. Ru Paul who ‘celebrates women’ chose this as the winner?
Anyway, thanks for reading my brain dump and enlightening me to seeing that I don’t have to support something, just cos it seems like the right thing to do, Yknow, cos I’m a lovely young woman that is always polite and accommodating 🙄
Welcome. It's strange isn't it. Most of us here have seen the light at some point, most of the time it takes a bit of scratching underneath the surface to see what is actually happening. As I'm sure you've seen in this threads, we see time and time again that most people will blindly accept mantras and images and "truth" at face value (we've all been there). If more people took the time to read futher, like you have, they will realise what's actually at stake.
There are very few places you can ask these questions online, this is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I remember a few years ago there was a viral water challenge raising money for a worthy cause it involved filming chucking ice water over a willing participants who would then nominate another. It didn't really register with me at the time although I was aware of it.

I heard a conspiracy theory recently that this was a test run to see how you can easily use social media to make adults do bizarre things quickly and on a large scale and thinking about it I sure would not like to sit there and have ice water over my head it is a bit extra and unusual.

But sorry, long post, it has parallels with how quick TRA has become a thing and how SM has spread it. And how bizarre it all really is if you ( not us) take time to think- men brain/woman brain, biology being denied etc 🤔

Edited to say I don't know the veracity of the theory but it makes more sense to me than JFK getting death threats for saying woman is a biological sex
I TOTALLY agree.

Tin foil hat time but it’s like those “my parents think I’m ugly, share this pic to show I am not” or those viral messages that go around WhatsApp about xyz and you need to do xyz to mitigate it. I genuinely believe this is an algorithm of some kind tracking human behaviour. There is a definite push towards group think going on at the moment.

Tinfoil hat back off. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Too many men complained I am sure 🤢

All about the 💰💰💰
Any man who sits at home paying a subscription free to watch women prance around their bedrooms naked while they promote how great sex work is is just bleeping weird to me. Gives me the ick! I might have to add that to a first date screening question "Do you subscribe to anyone's Of? Ok bye saddo"

• Heart
Reactions: 19
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
What pisses me off about that, is lots of teenage girls give up sports and dance because they feel embarrassed by their developing bodies. No one changed the uniforms, but now it's men that are self conscious, we suddenly change the outfit
and yet the women’s volleyball team (I think Finish) was fined or in trouble with the IOC for wantingto wear fitted shorts instead of teeny tiny bikini pants.

WTAF.

ETA- it was handball sorry!

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I've noticed that Graham Linehan (Father Ted etc.) has an insta that is v pro women's rights in this area. Not sure of the background to that though. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing was just a marketing ploy.
Like when Heinz announced it was dropping Salad Cream. Cue a fake outcry then it's reintroduced :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I first started following Graham Linehan on Twitter during the Ireland abortion rights campaign - then a trans writer I also followed a while later did a really harsh tweet saying she was amazed she had followers who also followed him and you should unfollow for transphobia and basically said they would start naming people. He has been cancelled by Twitter and a lot of the media for hate speech for sticking up for women. I think the media will start to work it’s way round to praising him eventually / and Rowling. The article by Simon callow in the Times was also important.

Reactions: 19
I've noticed that Graham Linehan (Father Ted etc.) has an insta that is v pro women's rights in this area. Not sure of the background to that though. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Try his substack if you like his Instagram :)

I first started following Graham Linehan on Twitter during the Ireland abortion rights campaign - then a trans writer I also followed a while later did a really harsh tweet saying she was amazed she had followers who also followed him and you should unfollow for transphobia and basically said they would start naming people. He has been cancelled by Twitter and a lot of the media for hate speech for sticking up for women. I think the media will start to work it’s way round to praising him eventually / and Rowling. The article by Simon callow in the Times was also important.
Bit in bold - it always amuses me when people talk about the right side of history, because I look around and see JK Rowling, Simon Callow, Martina Navratilova and Sharron Davies standing on the same side as me and think that's honestly pretty good company to be in.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I pay to subscribe to Graham Linehan's substack. He has effectively been cancelled as he has taken such a strong stance on TRANS ideology. Its a fiver a month which feels like a small act of solidarity and he regularly updates it so a valuable source of information. Thank duck people like him, JKR, Martina Navratilova, Sharron Davies & a few others are willing to put their heads above the parapet. Huge respect and gratitude for them all.

Reactions: 15
Stonewall is clearly overreaching and every single trans tantrum - like the leotards today - reinforces what they are doing to women and girls. More and more people are seeing it’s not about living their own life, it’s changing the reality for women for their benefit.
I feel very sorry for the trans people who are not part of this activism and just want to get on with their own lives without trying to replace women.

i pay for the glinner update too, i know he is a bit of a lolcow in his own right but i have a lot of respect for the man - he has sacrificed so much to stand up for women’s rights. it’s well worth the fiver! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just need to vent 😞

I'm a member of a woman only hiking group on FB. It says woman only in the title. Im sure you know where this is going...

Yesterday there was a post asking what the stance is on TW. Over 120 fawning comments from woman spouting the TWAW line and how they are happy it's such a good vibes, accepting group. Comments stating that anyone who doesn't agree should leave or that they would leave if anyone objected.

I'm so annoyed about this - we can't have anything that's women only. I appreciate there are much larger issues in this area but I was annoyed as I was hoping to connect with other women who share the same interests. I was looking for FEMALE friends. I'm married to a man and work in an all male environment, I don't need anymore men in my life 😒

I knew everyone here would understand 💜

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just need to vent 😞

I'm a member of a woman only hiking group on FB. It says woman only in the title. Im sure you know where this is going...

Yesterday there was a post asking what the stance is on TW. Over 120 fawning comments from woman spouting the TWAW line and how they are happy it's such a good vibes, accepting group. Comments stating that anyone who doesn't agree should leave or that they would leave if anyone objected.

I'm so annoyed about this - we can't have anything that's women only. I appreciate there are much larger issues in this area but I was annoyed as I was hoping to connect with other women who share the same interests. I was looking for FEMALE friends. I'm married to a man and work in an all male environment, I don't need anymore men in my life 😒

I'm annoyed on your behalf 😒
This would genuinely upset me too.
Such an intrusion and the handmaidens just uncritically accepting this and excluding anyone who objects are pathetic. I'm sorry your space has been invaded. Good to vent about it. At least you know that people here understand where you are coming from 💜

• Heart
Just need to vent 😞

Oh ffs. Why can't it just be a women's group? I genuinely don't see this kind of thing the other way around, so with trans men joining men-only groups. I know there probably won't be many TW in the group but I can't stand when the handmaidens come out in force. A TW joined a womens-only group a friend of mine was in, and they completely took over and were pretty domineering every time they met up. My friend left because it just wasn't enjoyable anymore. It's a real shame because it's so difficult to make female friends as an adult.

Reactions: 17
Does anyone feel as though with trans (women in particular) will be still shouting about their right to access single sex spaces and sex specific treatments when the world burns? It’s all a bit deckchairs on the titanic - is it “literal violence” to accidentally misgender beardy Kevin who is actually Kylie 4 days a week when the climate is also imploding?

I’m not saying nothing matters as much as the environment and I feel so sorry for regular LGB and actual transitioned people who want to live their lives without this TRA narc tit.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.