Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know the same person? 😂 I know someone who does the exact same. Like I said earlier, I don't doubt that people can be bi even if they haven't been in a relationship with someone of the same sex, but I cannot be arsed with the constant "guys, I know I've only ever been with men and married to a man, but I'm bi too okay!" - yeah, we get it :rolleyes:
I think I know this person too! Or someone very like her - "as a member of the LGBT community I think ..." who proclaims she is bi despite no experiences with women ever. She has also suggested that I'm no longer bi because I'm engaged to a man, even though I dated and slept with several women before him

Reactions: 5
Simon Callow making a very strong view against Stonewall in the Times today - archived version of the whole article here: https://archive.is/nYVfA

And Ofcom have ceased to be members of the Stonewall diversity champions scheme, citing the need for impartiality and the controversy of some of Stonewall's policies.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To help transgender dancers, or to hide their penises?

(I’m guessing there are no FTM dancers in male roles 🙄).
I would pay to see a FTM dancer be ordered to lift a MTF dancer just to highlight how ridiculous the whole farce is. Obviously strength differences only matter when it’s men involved.

Reactions: 11
Simon Callow making a very strong view against Stonewall in the Times today - archived version of the whole article here: https://archive.is/nYVfA

And Ofcom have ceased to be members of the Stonewall diversity champions scheme, citing the need for impartiality and the controversy of some of Stonewall's policies.
Glad to hear this. Simon Callow joins my very short list of people who have actually called this out. 💕

Good for Ofcom, they do need to be impartial.

Reactions: 11
Does this link work?

Mx9Fa
“To help transgender dancers who may feel self conscious about their bodies” As if people who aren’t trans don’t have insecurities about their bodies🙄 What annoys me about the shorts thing is that there have probably been many women and girls in the past who have hated wearing leotards and felt really self conscious, especially during that time of the month, but does anyone give a stuff? No, they were just told to suck it up because that’s how it’s done. Until a trans person comes along and then suddenly the red carpet comes out and rules/traditions that have been around for decades go out the window not for the benefit of the women but for the benefit of men who think they are women. It’s galling.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
“To help transgender dancers who may feel self conscious about their bodies” As if people who aren’t trans don’t have insecurities about their bodies🙄 What annoys me about the shorts thing is that there have probably been many women and girls in the past who have hated wearing leotards and felt really self conscious, especially during that time of the month, but does anyone give a stuff? No, not until a trans person comes along and then suddenly the red carpet comes out and then rules/traditions that have been around for decades go out the window.
I am livid for the little girl I once was. I was a ballet dancer from 3, I started puberty years before my friends (7) and used to cry and beg my ballet school to allow me to wear shorts over my leotard to hide my underwear/period pad. I was a DD by 11 but was denied wearing a bra. This impacted my confidence for YEARS because I got to see my petite ballet friends looking fabulous while I was developing women's hips, large breasts and a period. I gave up my dream of being a ballerina because my body type did not make the cut. No one gave a crap, rules were rules. Of course they bend over backwards to make trans kids comfortable. This has brought back so many memories of crying over my body as an 8/9 year old. Jeez.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I am livid for the little girl I once was. I was a ballet dancer from 3, I started puberty years before my friends (7) and used to cry and beg my ballet school to allow me to wear shorts over my leotard to hide my underwear/period pad. I was a DD by 11 but was denied wearing a bra. This impacted my confidence for YEARS because I got to see my petite ballet friends looking fabulous while I was developing women's hips, large breasts and a period. I gave up my dream of being a ballerina because my body type did not make the cut. No one gave a crap, rules were rules. Of course they bend over backwards to make trans kids comfortable. This has brought back so many memories of crying over my body as an 8/9 year old. Jeez.
This was so sad to read. I’m so sorry that happened to you. The world is so cruel to women and girls in so many ways.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
They also want to call all students “they” and give them time off for surgery… wtf?

A trans person should have access to single-sex areas, such as changing rooms and toilets, according to whichever they feel most comfortable with.”

No - they shouldn’t.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I’ve been reading these threads for the past couple of days and you have all really opened my eyes. I’m a ‘millennial’ on the cusp of gen Z and have embarrassingly up until recently played into this ‘woke’ culture. I’ve always been really into Twitter but have found recently it’s just unbearable, full of people that love to complain about things they don’t understand and calling people out for simply having an opinion. I’ve always supported gay rights from a very young age and this has somehow blended into me supporting trans rights, cos why not? It doesn’t effect me does it? But after reading these threads I can see it really does. As a woman we are now losing our spaces to more men. I’ve noticed an increase of gay men calling for straight women to be banned from gay bars and it genuinely upsets me. Women literally have no safe spaces. I was also really offended recently by an drag queen on drag race who did an act where she was topless with the most ridiculous fake rubber boobs and she swung them around and slapped them. Ru Paul who ‘celebrates women’ chose this as the winner?
Anyway, thanks for reading my brain dump and enlightening me to seeing that I don’t have to support something, just cos it seems like the right thing to do, Yknow, cos I’m a lovely young woman that is always polite and accommodating 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.