Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadiq Khan is a British Pakistani Muslim man with two daughters. If he thought men were invading their women only spaces would he not object?

Reactions: 14
Sadiq Khan is a British Pakistani Muslim man with two daughters. If he thought men were invading their women only spaces would he not object?
He once said re women being forced to wear a veil that he worried that children are having a lifestyle imposed on them and praised London as a great place to raise his daughters. He speaks of women being allowed to be free yet his utter silence on the trans access issue is at odds with this. It makes me wonder yet again who or what is really behind the trans issue.

Reactions: 14
I've noticed people trying to derail this thread recently, and seen some goady types in the childfree thread too. Fair play to the mods here, they're not completely oblivious like the Mumsnet mods, or deliberately ignorant like FB/IG guidelines and they actually nip reported posts in the bud, or put them behind a spoiler with a trigger warning like the kink defence one.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've noticed people trying to derail this thread recently, and seen some goady types in the childfree thread too. Fair play to the mods here, they're not completely oblivious like the Mumsnet mods, or deliberately ignorant like FB/IG guidelines and they actually nip reported posts in the bud, or put them behind a spoiler with a trigger warning like the kink defence one.
I may be in the minority here but I don’t mind people coming to this thread and giving their viewpoints which may differ from mine. Some things should be behind spoiler tags though like the kink one.

I don’t know how to word this well but the situation in Afghanistan has made me double down on my belief that natal born women need to have their own spaces. Women don’t get to opt out of oppression, especially women over there. I made a comment earlier that if he was in Afghanistan, Eddie Izzard would definitely be in ‘boy mode’ all the time and I really do think that. Women never get the chance to leave their biology behind them. If theTaliban turned up and we said ‘actually, we identify as men’ does anyone really think they would take any notice? Does anyone else feel the same way about what’s been happening?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It certainly puts the complaints of Trans people into perspective. Women under the Taliban last time were imprisoned under face coverings, denied education and work and made property of men.

Trans women feel threatened by women’s doctors using female specific language.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The Taliban shot a child in the head because she wanted an education.

A TiM is outraged by the fact that they don’t have everything handed to them in life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I want to make it clear that I'm not opposed to deliberate political viewpoints but I am opposed to individuals who come to ask 'innocent' questions in threads when their intention is to stir the pot or provide themselves with fap material.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I may be in the minority here but I don’t mind people coming to this thread and giving their viewpoints which may differ from mine. Some things should be behind spoiler tags though like the kink one.

I don’t know how to word this well but the situation in Afghanistan has made me double down on my belief that natal born women need to have their own spaces. Women don’t get to opt out of oppression, especially women over there. I made a comment earlier that if he was in Afghanistan, Eddie Izzard would definitely be in ‘boy mode’ all the time and I really do think that. Women never get the chance to leave their biology behind them. If theTaliban turned up and we said ‘actually, we identify as men’ does anyone really think they would take any notice? Does anyone else feel the same way about what’s been happening?

I have no issue with people sharing viewpoints which may differ either. Unlike TRA I'm able to tolerate hearing a different point of view but as @Icing _on_ the_cake said I think it's about good faith. If people turn up here and are deliberately deceitful and/or just want to disrupt or talk about kink then it's unacceptable. If you want to offer an alternative viewpoint in good faith I think that is reasonable. Even if I don't agree!

Reactions: 12
It’s quite disingenuous IMO to suggest those of us noticing the weird posters are somehow opposed to different viewpoints or expect this thread to be an echo chamber. I think there’s often disagreement on here in a respectful way but these odd posts aren’t the same as that. It’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have no issue with people sharing viewpoints which may differ either. Unlike TRA I'm able to tolerate hearing a different point of view but as @Icing _on_ the_cake said I think it's about good faith. If people turn up here and are deliberately deceitful and/or just want to disrupt or talk about kink then it's unacceptable. If you want to offer an alternative viewpoint in good faith I think that is reasonable. Even if I don't agree!
I am very cautious of people who speak too much about sex or their sex life on Tattle in general. It just gives me “I’m wanking off hoping these women reply to me” vibes.

I am a bit of a prude in that sense though. I don’t think sex lives should be discussed in detail with anyone other than who you’re shagging.

Reactions: 26
I am very cautious of people who speak too much about sex or their sex life on Tattle in general. It just gives me “I’m wanking off hoping these women reply to me” vibes.
Me too since our South African friend and their ‘bean flicking’ 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That’s tame. The worst ones go like: “Hi mummies! I need some advice! My six year old is still in night nappies, and every night at 2am they wake up SODDEN in urine, and the sheets are SOAKING! Please tell me all the stories you have about older children and urine. Thanks ladies!”
Wait, really?!? I just thought that it was simple questioning!

Wait, really?!? I just thought that it was simple questioning!
I think some of the worse threads are real women - part of the constant one-upmanship that goes on there and for some reason, a lot of regular posters seem to love bragging that their children are more disgusting than anyone else's. But, yeah, a lot of them probably are men with fetishes

Reactions: 5
I am a strong believer that if you are a paedophile you should either be given maximum life tariff or just be put to death. No reason for you to be alive.

View attachment 719522What sort of fucked up bleep says tit like this? I have no paedophile tendencies and hopefully no one I know does either.

She’s clearly a paedophile or protecting a paedophile in her life by making such atrocious comments.
I mean by saying that surely she is admitting to being a paeophile herself? absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: 5
I think some of the worse threads are real women - part of the constant one-upmanship that goes on there and for some reason, a lot of regular posters seem to love bragging that their children are more disgusting than anyone else's. But, yeah, a lot of them probably are men with fetishes
I read one of those threads before I did laugh when the woman found Pringle cans and bottles full of piss in her teen sons room.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
"When did feminists become such witches?" They have always been seen as witches ...
https://tattle.life/threads/19920/
Realised I had this picture as a saved response that I never posted.

I think basically the gist of my response was going to be yes, exactly! Men have always seen women as witches, especially those who were challenging or upsetting the status quo, and I was going to use this picture of Emmeline Pankhurst getting arrested to illustrate my point. The way she and her contemporaries were written and spoken about by men was abysmal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I dip in and out of the childfree thread but there's a few posters in there who are frankly rude, and it's not very enjoyable. I'm not interested in trashing working parents, most of them have worked their arse off over the last year and a half. Some people in that thread downright hate kids and anything to do with them. There's also someone newish to that thread who keeps creating new accounts every few weeks and seem to have an answer for every single thing someone says 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.