Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sick of being bullied into participating in these people’s fantasy without my consent.
just duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel especially sad today about having no friends or peers my age who share my worries about this. As grateful as I am for this thread and my radfem mum, both keep me sane, I don’t think I know a single person of my age group who sees the danger for women in this like I do.
What ages are here? I’m 23

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm mid 30s. I have a few friends who still have their heads but most of my friends and colleagues are drinking the woke kool aid.

Reactions: 8
I'm mid 30s too, no idea what my colleagues think, pretty sure they aren't even aware of this debate tbh (most of them are not from the UK and aren't really interested in the news it seems), I have one friend who has the same concerns as me, as does my mum and sister, but even then I would never risk having these discussions with them in public tbh

Reactions: 7
Can you imagine a trans man seeing a doctor and insisting on a prostate check-up?
Of bloody course they wouldn't!
PS I am 62 and happy to explain my thoughts and reasons with anyone and to listen to theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel especially sad today about having no friends or peers my age who share my worries about this. As grateful as I am for this thread and my radfem mum, both keep me sane, I don’t think I know a single person of my age group who sees the danger for women in this like I do.
What ages are here? I’m 23
I'm 23 as well and feel exactly the same as you

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m 47 and have a 20 year old daughter who thinks like me. We are both heterosexual, wear make up and dress in a feminine way.

• Heart
I'm 55. I have 2 daughters and 2 god-daughter's who are all in their 20's. They all think that the trans ideology is BS and roll their eyes at peers who describe themselves as NB. 1 is a lesbian, 2 bi and the other is hetero.

I have noticed that more young people seem open to these ideas but also know lots of exceptions. I also wonder how many people of all ages hide their real feelings for fear of being called a bigot. I know that I have although I intend to change that...

Reactions: 10
I'm 55. I have 2 daughters and 2 god-daughter's who are all in their 20's. They all think that the trans ideology is BS and roll their eyes at peers who describe themselves as NB. 1 is a lesbian, 2 bi and the other is hetero.

I have noticed that more young people seem open to these ideas but also know lots of exceptions. I also wonder how many people of all ages hide their real feelings for fear of being called a bigot. I know that I have although I intend to change that...
Me. I don't want to deal with the aggro for disagreeing, especially as it could impact my job/future. I hate it, but have learned that it is my reality.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m 26 and feel like one of the only people my age who thinks like this
I’m 30 and feel the same. It’s hard to gauge how people feel on this because I feel like people around my age could swing either way, if that makes sense? We didn’t grow up with this stuff being everywhere but plenty of people I know got on the twaw bandwagon in their early/mid 20’s.

I'm 23 as well and feel exactly the same as you
I'm 22 and completely understand how you feel. The only person I feel comfortable speaking to about my views is my (male) partner. It's so sad that there are no women irl that I would be comfortable speaking to with complete authenticity about being a woman. Every conversation I have that even sits on the edge of politics, gender, etc I can only ever speak about at a surface level. It's really isolating and lonely, to be honest.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think that I love Kellie Jay Keen and I will have a look for Standing Women.
Tatchell has no relevance any more, droning on about Miss World and saying biology is not destiny, it is for over 50% of the human race you knob!

Reactions: 5
I think that I love Kellie Jay Keen and I will have a look for Standing Women.
Tatchell has no relevance any more, droning on about Miss World and saying biology is not destiny, it is for over 50% of the human race you knob!

Tatchell is such a knob. He has defended paedophila in the past so he can just STFU. Nothing he says is worthwhile or relevant IMO.

Kellie is extremely brave. Provocative and challenging but I respect her. Have watched and listened to a few interviews with her.

I listened to a podcast with Keira Bell last night (young woman who took gender clinic at Tavistock to court for prescribing puberty blockers). It was so upsetting to hear about the lifelong legacy that she now has to live with. A double mastectomy at 20. Robbed of her fertility and living with long term effects of hormones. She is incredibly brave. Have enormous respect and admiration for her.

We need to protect the rights of women and children.

Awful that so many of us feel silenced 🤬🤬🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m 30 and feel the same. It’s hard to gauge how people feel on this because I feel like people around my age could swing either way, if that makes sense? We didn’t grow up with this stuff being everywhere but plenty of people I know got on the twaw bandwagon in their early/mid 20’s.
100% this

I am early 30s and my friends swing both ways.

Some are persuadable and on the surface are TWAW but as soon as you start talking to them about it they, generally, will listen and see that they were being ignorant to what TWAW actually means.

Reactions: 8
It's interesting that, in my daughter's school (she's 12) the girls seem overly woke and hyper sensitive to trans rights etc and the boys, by and large, are shockingly opposite.

Reactions: 7
I'm in my mid-fifties, and it's so hard to disagree with the narrative, especially if you work in public health as I do.
I work in midwifery and I'm seeing a gradual acceptance of this twattery, it's creeping into what is supposed to be a woman-centric environment. We have maternity-specific blood test forms, no-one uses these for anything other than blood samples from pregnant women. Yet a recent addition to the form, is a box we have to fill in, marked "Male/Female". Wtaf?

I was sent an information leaflet via email the other day. The leaflet contains instructions for form-filling on a particular computer program. The leaflet had two columns, one for the "care provider", and the other for "pregnant person". I'm pretty sure that they mean "woman", they're just too scared to say so.

I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of it to be honest. It's only a matter of time before they ask for our gender pronouns, I've already seen some email signatures with this entirely unnecessary information tacked on the end. I've got a girls name, I'm a woman and I always have been, I'll start using "Mrs Klara" if I have to, but I'm not telling anyone to call me "she/her". They can just duck the duck off 😠😠

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm mid-30s as well. Most women I know my age are TRA, most men I know either aren't aware or don't want to discuss it.

The LGBT group in my city is very heavily TRA and signed the letter condemning the LGB Alliance but there is a WLW group in my county that only accepts applicants 35+ with photos so I'm guessing they are GC.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.