Gender Discussion #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They want to be able to self ID. And to have instant access the hormones/surgeries that they want when they want, on the NHS
And I want a bleeping unicorn. These rainbow children didn’t get told no enough when young.

Reactions: 10
I think people are forgetting that being a teenager is hard and when growing up people 'try' different personas and then grow up and out of them. As a teen I had orange hair and dressed in plaid shirts. I am now middle aged, blonde and shop in Cos; your teen years don't define you forever and its an era to make mistakes and be influenced and overwhelmed.

Teens also want attention. I recall one girl having anorexia in my (large, religious, all girls school) and she was treated as special and different. We had the class talk on the subject and the help she was getting and three more girls in my class alone developed the same issue as they were crying out for the same attention. This is no different to me.
I was a goth, wore black all the time, white face, red lipstick and black eyeshadow, had my nose pierced and was into looking miserable, although I was actually having a great time going to rock clubs and gigs. A lot of young people now seem completely joyless.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was a goth, wore black all the time, white face, red lipstick and black eyeshadow, had my nose pierced and was into looking miserable, although I was actually having a great time going to rock clubs and gigs. A lot of young people now seem completely joyless.
Me too! I finally threw out my new rock metal boots that I lived in 20 years ago and even took on flights although they weighed two tonnes. I’ve got a vampire bite scar on my neck from dermal anchors. Now I like the boden sale.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

“Abort mission! The 78 year old man has friends!”
yes saw this covered by some conservative youtubers i follow. The comments were basically saying that there's not a big trans community there and that this old man would have back up if he was harrassed.

Reactions: 7
Andy Wightman has written an interesting insight into the state of the Scottish Greens and why he left.

Reactions: 6
State of this lot… they really make a convincing argument that children should be allowed to transition without the consent of parents 😳

The bloke wearing the metal waistcoat 🤟 seems to prove that anarchists will support anything counter-culture.
Not one shower or GCSE between the lot of them. Grown men dressing in pastels and acting the fool outside of Downing Street kicking and screaming for rights they already have.

Look at that forehead! Go back to your IT job and 4Chan Michael!
2CA5ACFE-98F1-4974-A2B3-B12A69723901.jpeg

F7F3BE72-1FBF-4FE5-9C9F-19963CED5FFC.jpeg

State of this, imagine pushing a Bonny baby boy out only for him to be dressed up like a female anime caricature 37 years later demanding unreasonable demands.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Not one shower or GCSE between the lot of them. Grown men dressing in pastels and acting the fool outside of Downing Street kicking and screaming for rights they already have.

Look at that forehead! Go back to your IT job and 4Chan Michael!
View attachment 702018

View attachment 702019
State of this, imagine pushing a Bonny baby boy out only for him to be dressed up like a female anime caricature 37 years later demanding unreasonable demands.
I'm totally happy for men to wear dresses...it's just it doesn't make you a literal woman.

And if it's a fetish thing then just don't involve me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm totally happy for men to wear dresses...it's just it doesn't make you a literal woman.

And if it's a fetish thing then just don't involve me.
exactly, I rarely wear dresses or makeup, am I now not a woman? I wouldn;t care if my male friends wore dresses or maleup, clothes are clothes who cares? everything is just becoming more and more binary, ironically, whatever sex you are you should just be able to wear whatever and not have to overtake women;s spaces to do so

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm quite into fashion and I always wear dresses and skirts - I don't think I suit trousers at all. But I'm totally not into makeup. I only ever put some on if it's a special event, then I wear some foundation and lipstick. I basically never paint my nails. But a lot of the people in the queer theory crowd seems to think that all of that stuff is what makes someone a woman.

Julie Blindel said on Benjamon Boyce's podcast that a world inhabited only by transmen and transwoman would look like the set of Grease.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
They want to be able to self ID. And to have instant access the hormones/surgeries that they want when they want, on the NHS
The fact that the NHS are offering this treatment at all is problematic for me especially to anyone under 18. It is elective not medically necessary.

I don't agree with people having plastic surgery on the NHS either unless there's a very good reason for it eg breast reconstruction after cancer treatment or maybe for some women who have huge breasts that are giving them back problems so they need a reduction. I know a lot of people don't like their noses but if it's just surgery to make you prettier I'm not so sure.

I'm also not on board with IVF being free. I feel for anyone who desperately wants a child and can't but I do feel that the NHS won't survive in the future if people are having elective operations when things like cancer treatment and heart surgery etc should take precedence.

I'm aware that many will disagree with this opinion and it does mean that only wealthy people can get elective treatments which will seem unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The fact that the NHS are offering this treatment at all is problematic for me especially to anyone under 18. It is elective not medically necessary.

I don't agree with people having plastic surgery on the NHS either unless there's a very good reason for it eg breast reconstruction after cancer treatment or maybe for some women who have huge breasts that are giving them back problems so they need a reduction. I know a lot of people don't like their noses but if it's just surgery to make you prettier I'm not so sure.

I'm also not on board with IVF being free. I feel for anyone who desperately wants a child and can't but I do feel that the NHS won't survive in the future if people are having elective operations when things like cancer treatment and heart surgery etc should take precedence.

I'm aware that many will disagree with this opinion and it does mean that only wealthy people can get elective treatments which will seem unfair.
I agree… it’s like those people who lose loads of weight and are left with loose skin. The loose skin causes physical problems like chafing and mental distress. But they have to pay for removal themselves in most cases.

Reactions: 8
Oh look, another Queer Eye presenter being a misogynistic pig

I think I was the first one on this thread mentioning how much I bleeping hate the misogynistic men on Queer Eye and I cannot for the life of me understand why the everloving duck do people like these assholes?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree… it’s like those people who lose loads of weight and are left with loose skin. The loose skin causes physical problems like chafing and mental distress. But they have to pay for removal themselves in most cases.
I do feel sorry for those people because it must be awful. Its really hard to know where lines should be drawn.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.