Gender Discussion #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh look, another Queer Eye presenter being a misogynistic pig

and he's been paid by a formula company to promote the product by slagging off breast feeding.

p.s sorry i didn't read it properly i thought it was just the post announcing the baby "via surrogate"

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I think there is too much pressure on women to breastfeed ... not that this is something he, as a man, knows anything about and it's one thing if you really struggle to breastfeed or can't do it for whatever reason. It's another if breastfeeding isn't even an option because the child's mother is being erased from the picture

I don't remember anything particularly bad about Queer Eye other than Jonathan and the "non-binary" nonsense, it's a while since I watched it though

Reactions: 11
I agree… it’s like those people who lose loads of weight and are left with loose skin. The loose skin causes physical problems like chafing and mental distress. But they have to pay for removal themselves in most cases.
I've mentioned before but I was born with a condition that gave me significant dental deformities. I've known that I was going to have to save for new teeth instead of a house since I can remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When wealthy gay men opt for surrogacy and have a baby boy, I always wonder if they chose the sex of the baby. Same with Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black. If you’re paying all that money to commission a child. it makes sense that you’d choose the sex too, right?

Reactions: 12
When wealthy gay men opt for surrogacy and have a baby boy, I always wonder if they chose the sex of the baby. Same with Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black. If you’re paying all that money to commission a child. it makes sense that you’d choose the sex too, right?
I was thinking that too...they all seem to have boys. Elton too

Reactions: 9
I’ve been watching a lot of skateboarding recently. Mostly competitions as I found it super entertaining at the Olympics. Anyway I was just watching the USA national championships on YouTube, and they had the following video as a segment and I couldn’t believe what I was watching.

So some dude called Ricci Batres is crying because he identifies as a woman but wasn’t allowed to compete in the women’s competition because he wouldn’t have passed the required tests as presumably he’s not even on hormones. Hello, has anyone seen this person? It’s clearly a dude and I’m not even saying that in a “transwomen look like men” way, the guy isn’t even trying. It’s almost as bad as the tims who try too hard. Or maybe it’s worse? I really don’t know at this point.

Im not gonna claim to suddenly be an expert on skateboarding but there is a very clear difference between the men’s and women’s competitions. The men generally go faster and higher, their side of it is more established so they are generally ‘ahead’ of the women although the standard of women’s skating is increasing a lot lately.

This dude strikes me as just a mediocre male who would never stand a chance in the men’s comp trying to steel a spot from the women. And the dude at the end who’s like “skateboarding should be open to all” can duck off. It is open to all but competitions still need to be fair. Especially when women’s skateboarding has a long history of being painfully under represented as it is you can’t just let men declare themselves women and compete with no barriers in place. America is wild, I can’t believe they are giving air time to this man in such a sincere way.

There’s very little info online about Ricci Batres at least from what I could see from a quick google. Probably because he’s not very good at skateboarding. I wonder what female skaters in the USA think of this. They can’t be ok with it surely, the skateboarding community seems very lgbt friendly but they must have limits? Madness. Total and utter madness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Oh look, another Queer Eye presenter being a misogynistic pig

I saw this on his Instagram and had to read it twice to believe what I was seeing. Most of the top comments are other blue tick celebs fawning over it but there are a lot of comments calling him out and so far not deleted which is reassuring. But also infuriating that there’s no response!

Reactions: 3
Been taking a little mini break from for the sake of my sanity, and yet, the cultish freaks found a way to seep into my entirely un-political weekend, and I just needed to share my frustration...

I was looking into this new book coming out later this year, and saw this in the reviews.
1628377293769.png

Tell me you're in a cult without saying you're in a cult. bleeping obsessive freaks! Why do the feel they need to shout about what they are choosing not to read in the reviews of an unreleased book? Here's one of the great pieces of evidence I found of this author's '''TERF''' behaviour, posted on some they/them's blog.

1628377511945.png

That's right, she liked a tweet saying women are human, quick, shove her in a gulag!

God bleeping help us all, can't even peruse goodreads looking for books without the weirdos ruining tit there too.

Will be re-entering my political-free bubble for sanity's sake, but hope you're all having a good weekend, hope JK Rowling is having a good weekend, and I hope Tubbard is having a horrible day xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was thinking that too...they all seem to have boys. Elton too
And women alone often have girls. Amber Heard, Naomi Campbell…

I think there is too much pressure on women to breastfeed ... not that this is something he, as a man, knows anything about and it's one thing if you really struggle to breastfeed or can't do it for whatever reason. It's another if breastfeeding isn't even an option because the child's mother is being erased from the picture

I don't remember anything particularly bad about Queer Eye other than Jonathan and the "non-binary" nonsense, it's a while since I watched it though
Breastfeeding is such a delicate issue for women. I was incredibly lucky that it worked for us but I have friends who have struggled and felt completely inadequate that they have used bottles and formula so we have got to the consensus that fed is best so new mums don’t struggle on if it’s not working and women can choose to mixed feed or breastfeed 🤱 without judgement. (Only a woman breastfeeding emoji at the moment - when will that change?). There is also public attitudes and laws for breastfeeding in public and women have been standing up for those rights. Tan France shilling for a formula company by trashing breastfeeding is so misogynistic I can’t believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I'd advise clicking on the whole thread, it explains it a bit more.

There is a reason breast feeding was prioritised over formula feeding. Babies in third world countries were becoming sick, malnourished and dying because of the cost of formula and lack of clean water. And how he can say formula feeding is stigmatised when it far outnumbers breastfeeding, god only knows. Of course fed is best but there is categorically no denying that for the vast majority of babies and mothers breast feeding is more beneficial than formula. Yes it can be hard, no I’m not criticising any mother who chooses not to breast feed but there is no denying that breast feeding gives things and does things that formula doesn’t. These self centred, entitled dickheads make me so angry

• Heart
The debate is fraught enough, and causes so much anguish for mothers, without men who buy babies via surrogacy popping up to share their opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Been taking a little mini break from for the sake of my sanity, and yet, the cultish freaks found a way to seep into my entirely un-political weekend, and I just needed to share my frustration...

I was looking into this new book coming out later this year, and saw this in the reviews.
View attachment 702550

Tell me you're in a cult without saying you're in a cult. bleeping obsessive freaks! Why do the feel they need to shout about what they are choosing not to read in the reviews of an unreleased book? Here's one of the great pieces of evidence I found of this author's '''TERF''' behaviour, posted on some they/them's blog.

View attachment 702555

That's right, she liked a tweet saying women are human, quick, shove her in a gulag!

God bleeping help us all, can't even peruse goodreads looking for books without the weirdos ruining tit there too.

Will be re-entering my political-free bubble for sanity's sake, but hope you're all having a good weekend, hope JK Rowling is having a good weekend, and I hope Tubbard is having a horrible day xoxo
Ugh reviewing books they haven’t read should not be permitted. Goes to show they have so much time on their hands in their bedrooms spending time writing hate reviews of random books. I bet a lot of these bedroom dwellers don’t contribute to society by working.

Enjoy your bubble today :)

Reactions: 8
I couldn’t breastfeed, my milk barely came in after a c section. At the time the “breast is best” mantra was prevalent and I had nurses and pumps and all sorts. I’m sure it’s partly what triggered my PND, I felt such a failure and that I was harming my daughter with formula (it was depression skewing my view).

These pricks politicising it again have NO idea how harmful it can be to new mums having all this pressure thrown at them. Just feed your goddamn baby, however you choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The debate is fraught enough, and causes so much anguish for mothers, without men who buy babies via surrogacy popping up to share their opinions.
I bet he thinks he’s better than women. I’ve no idea who he is but he comes across smug.

EDIT: my posts merged, sorry.
Tbh I think men can wear dresses and makeup but not use them as a passport into womens spaces. The problem I have with those photos from that rally yesterday is they always seem to be dressed as stereotype women (and look so unwashed also, catty of me? Perhaps). If I can see a man and still call him a man and even he knows he’s a man and says he’s a man, without vitriol sent my way then I could condone it. But don’t ask me to see an orange when I’m clearly seeing an apple. They can wear a dress but can eff off with girl/mode boy/mode nonsense. And they should leave women/womens rights the eff alone.
And no, noone should ever dress as an adult baby with a sl*t badge. That’s creepy and sick.

If people like Harry Styles can pull off wearing a dress but clearly remain as their sex, then good (let’s hope he doesn’t say he’s NB soon though).
Eddie Izzard can get in the bin though. He doesn’t care about women’s concerns. He’s a massive ego.

Last edited:
Tan France would hire a wet nurse if he thought he could get away with it, in spite of its horrific history.

The baby was 7 weeks premature. Imagine trying to keep a baby in as long as it’s safe to, with him and his husband breathing down everyone’s necks.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I couldn’t breastfeed, my milk barely came in after a c section. At the time the “breast is best” mantra was prevalent and I had nurses and pumps and all sorts. I’m sure it’s partly what triggered my PND, I felt such a failure and that I was harming my daughter with formula (it was depression skewing my view).

These pricks politicising it again have NO idea how harmful it can be to new mums having all this pressure thrown at them. Just feed your goddamn baby, however you choose.
I couldn’t breastfeed for more than a couple of days. It broke my heart. I remember walking around the supermarket, full baby blues on day three, tears streaming down my face when buying bottles and formula thinking everyone was watching and judging me (of course no one gave a dam). It’s a very emotive subject. Whilst I wasn’t able to breast feed, I know that breast is best and there is no way I would work for a formula company with dodgey motives (not that they would work with a nobody like me ha). They’ve found a great market now with gay men advertising...any criticism is homophobic.

I think people really hate that we are mammals that have evolved over thousands of years to know how to feed our babies, and babies know how to wriggle to the breast to feed after birth. We’ve survived this long for a reason.

Tan France would hire a wet nurse if he thought he could get away with it, in spite of its horrific history.

The baby was 7 weeks premature. Imagine trying to keep a baby in as long as it’s safe to, with him and his husband breathing down everyone’s necks.
I didn’t know the baby was premature. I doubt they will be getting up in the night to feed/change the baby. I bet they have hired a woman to do it all for a low wage, and do the housework whilst she’s at it

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I couldn’t breastfeed for more than a couple of days. It broke my heart. I remember walking around the supermarket, full baby blues on day three, tears streaming down my face when buying bottles and formula thinking everyone was watching and judging me (of course no one gave a dam). It’s a very emotive subject. Whilst I wasn’t able to breast feed, I know that breast is best and there is no way I would work for a formula company with dodgey motives (not that they would work with a nobody like me ha). They’ve found a great market now with gay men advertising...any criticism is homophobic.

I think people really hate that we are mammals that have evolved over thousands of years to know how to feed our babies, and babies know how to wriggle to the breast to feed after birth. We’ve survived this long for a reason.

I didn’t know the baby was premature. I doubt they will be getting up in the night to feed/change the baby. I bet they have hired a woman to do it all for a low wage, and do the housework whilst she’s at it
There was a fashion competition with Tan france (god that last name! what an apropriating prick) as one of the judges, can confirm he comes off as a snobby ass

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.