Gender Discussion #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm, yes, exactly the same…. 🙄

View attachment 671447
JVN is the biggest asshole on Queer Eye and so are the rest of them. Duck them and duck that show. They are as bad as that stupid ass Drag Race Franchise (which does NOT allow adult females or 'trans men') except for Bianca Del Rio. He's the only good thing that came out of the show because of his witty comebacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Blue hair ? Check.
Reference to a pretend universe ? Check. (@batmanilledme)
Twitter bio with flags and slogans ? Check.
Opinion bearing no reasonable relation to reality (that groups of women routinely attack trans people ? Obviously ignoring the three trans women who attack that guy on the Tube a few months ago.) ? Check.

twit.

Reactions: 19
I follow a page on Instagram called shade borough, it posts a lot of things in the news and is very heavily followed by the black community, they recently posted something about JK Rowling hitting back against being cancelled, and ALOT of the comments are in agreement with JK Rowling, saying things like ‘she said what she said’ and ‘what she said isn’t wrong though’ ‘her points were valid’ etc
It seems that white women are significantly more likely to be ultra woke/TRAs. I’ve browsed Lipstick Alley in the past and the black women who post there have ZERO time for this bullshit.

Some researchers think there's a link to autistic spectrum disorders. IT is a profession that attracts a higher than average number of individuals on the autistic spectrum.
Yep, there’s a pretty clear link. And it makes sense - if you spend your life feeling like you don’t fit in, and that you don’t fit societal expectations of your gender, I can see why you might be easily indoctrinated to believe that transitioning might be the answer to your problems 🤷‍♀️

How despicable is this? Women! If you’re more afraid of being assaulted by someone with a penis than someone with a vagina, you’re a transphobe!

Don’t you just love it when TRAs tell women to ignore their intuition and self-preservation instincts, to lower their guard? Totally not suspicious at all.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
JVN is the biggest asshole on Queer Eye and so are the rest of them.

Drag Race had a trans man on the last season and gave her a free pass all the way to the final. It was so weird seeing a petite, female bodied person being lauded for looking great in costumes… thanks to her female body. She also paints her entire face in thick white clown make up to disguise her obvious feminine features.

Drag Race used to be a guilty pleasure but I’m done with it now. Ditto Queer Eye.

BDR told some pretty “transphobic” jokes a few years ago - she’d get cancelled for it now. Stuff about older men in denim skirts with receding hairlines…

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Drag Race had a trans man on the last season and gave her a free pass all the way to the final. It was so weird seeing a petite, female bodied person being lauded for looking great in costumes… thanks to her female body. She also paints her entire face in thick white clown make up to disguise her obvious feminine features.

Drag Race used to be a guilty pleasure but I’m done with it now. Ditto Queer Eye.

BDR told some pretty “transphobic” jokes a few years ago - she’d get cancelled for it now. Stuff about older men in denim skirts with receding hairlines…
The way they went on about how great she looked in the outfits - well no tit. Did a great Paris Hilton impersonation - again - no tit. I know there are women who do drag as an art form - and they were disparagingly referred to as bio-queens (WFT).
when this person spoke about how they wanted to transition and spoke about the gay male drag queens and how they acted and basically said ‘if they can be guys - I can be a guy’ which makes no sense because they are male because of their bodies and chromosomes and wearing make up and dresses and drinking at brunch and bitching amongst themselves does not make them not still guys.
there are plenty of the older drag queens who I think are not getting into this - they play with gender stereotypes on purpose - but the new crowd are really going for the trans angle. (I don’t think Ru agrees with it - but he has had to change or risk being cancelled and he is all about he money)

Reactions: 8
JVN is the biggest asshole on Queer Eye and so are the rest of them. duck them and duck that show. They are as bad as that stupid ass Drag Race Franchise (which does NOT allow adult females or 'trans men') except for Bianca Del Rio. He's the only good thing that came out of the show because of his witty comebacks.

Wait no, Queer Eye is great! It's so feel good, especially when they go to places that aren't very accepting of gay people but are won over when they spend time with the guys.

Also Drag Race is fun, too. Of course it doesn't allow adult females because it's all about dressing up as a woman. Has any cis female actually wanted to enter it though?!

It seems that white women are significantly more likely to be ultra woke/TRAs. I’ve browsed Lipstick Alley in the past and the black women who post there have ZERO time for this bullshit.

Yep, there’s a pretty clear link. And it makes sense - if you spend your life feeling like you don’t fit in, and that you don’t fit societal expectations of your gender, I can see why you might be easily indoctrinated to believe that transitioning might be the answer to your problems 🤷‍♀️

How despicable is this? Women! If you’re more afraid of being raped by someone with a penis than someone with a vagina, you’re a transphobe!

Don’t you just love it when TRAs tell women to ignore their intuition and self-preservation instincts, to lower their guard? Totally not suspicious at all.
Capture d’écran 2021-07-20 à 8.36.52 PM.png

and this one as well...

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Wait no, Queer Eye is great! It's so feel good, especially when they go to places that aren't very accepting of gay people but are won over when they spend time with the guys.

Also Drag Race is fun, too. Of course it doesn't allow adult females because it's all about dressing up as a woman. Has any cis female actually wanted to enter it though?!
I used to like drag race a lot in the early seasons but now all the contestants care about is social media following so it got incredibly boring and the contestants with a unique style are few and far between. I don't bother with it anymore.

I might watch Dragula when it comes back, it's a lot less matchy-matchy and they actually allow drag kings on.

Reactions: 3
I’ve noticed that a lot of TRAs utilise absolutist positive language. “If you yada yada then you’re definitely [“bad” thing]”.

Maybe it’s time we started doing the same. We are too polite and accommodating with these vicious narcissists and their woolly rhetoric.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve noticed that a lot of TRAs utilise absolutist positive language. “If you yada yada then you’re definitely [“bad” thing]”.

Maybe it’s time we started doing the same. We are too polite and accommodating with these vicious narcissists and their woolly rhetoric.
I can only speak from personal experience but as a former lib-fem I don't think that would have worked for me. I saw all the warnings about how evil TERFs were so I looked them up to be able to argue against them... and was really impressed that there was a lot of well-reasoned statements made. It made me keep revisiting those spaces and examining my own beliefs. If it had been a proper slagging match then I would have probably gone 'oh, they are what I've been warned about' and not bothered looking further.

Reactions: 17

Well perhaps we should start laughing off the TERF smear.

I'm quite proud of being a TERF if it means that I'm not in agreement with these sick weirdos.

They bandy the TERF slur about like it's the equivalent of racism and make out were the one who are in the wrong.
What a fucked up world we live in.

Reactions: 7
JVN is the biggest asshole on Queer Eye and so are the rest of them.
I can't stand JVN.
We have a friend who has a 7 (?) year old child. We were at their house a few years back and the kid was obsessed with RuPaul and Drag Race. My husband and I spoke about it after and were absolutely horrified. We feel like children shouldn't be watching shows like that.

I was also talking to my husband about the trans movement and how it is unfortunate how often the only people who speak out about it are far-right people. Case in point with the Glenn Beck podcast with Abigail Shrier. Abigail is brilliant but Glenn is not someone I would typically align with on my views. That being said... I am definitely more centre-right than before.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to like drag race a lot in the early seasons but now all the contestants care about is social media following so it got incredibly boring and the contestants with a unique style are few and far between. I don't bother with it anymore.

I might watch Dragula when it comes back, it's a lot less matchy-matchy and they actually allow drag kings on.
I have in the last year come to the conclusion that Drag is misogynistic in the same way blackface racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.