Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've been thinking about all of this for a while now. I think there is a fundamental aspect of the TRA movement and the direction it has taken that is deeply flawed and sort of disturbing.

Everyone perceives themselves in certain way. That perception is subjective. For example, I may think of myself as kind and funny.

Other people perceive me in their own way. Some may agree with my own perception, others may not. Again, their view of me is subjective.

Some facts about myself are objectively true - things like height, weight, age, etc. They can be measured, though even then different people may have different views on what those objective facts mean (may kids think I'm ancient, my parents think I'm young, my actual age is 42).

At any rate, whatever I may think of myself, I have no right or power to make other people agree with this. I cannot demand that other people view me as kind or funny.

I accept that some people may think of themselves as non-binary, but they cannot compel me to see them that way. However, this is what the TRA movement seems to be about. To compel others to fall in line with 'rightthink'. It's really rather disturbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I'll start taking trans women's "phantom period pains" seriously when women's health, in general, is taken seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Vanelope

VIP Member
You came in hot with a strong opinion and told us to get educated. Now you don’t like it when we have - politely - disagreed.
I don’t wish trans people like your brother any harm. I wish to protect women’s spaces and women’s sports from trans ideology that equates sex based rights with gender preferences.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Non binary doesn't always mean they/ them pronouns but it does always mean an insufferable no personality narcissistic fool

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
If they're experiencing cramps they should speak to their GP or endocrinologist instead of going along with the delusional wishful thinking that it's period symptoms. I am sick of these colonisers trying to fetishise every aspect of female biology.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

2020two

Chatty Member
I have just found my 14 year old cousins Tiktok, whereby she corrected someone for calling her a pretty girl "I'm a boy". She's moved high schools due to bullying, is on the spectrum, doesn't leave her room unless it's to make Tiktoks outside and is obsessed with anime. I'm devestated she's fallen into this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
People who don’t have periods don’t have ‘period symptoms’ lmao. Having a headache is a ‘period symptom’ so do we say that men having a headache are having a ‘period symptom’? No, we say they have a headache. You can’t have symptoms or side effects of something you biologically do not experience. This nonsense gets worse by the day I swear to god.

• Haha
  • Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
We might even find out all the reasoning behind these phantom period symptoms in 5 years time, who knows 😛
We already know the reasoning. It is called being deluded.

I also don’t want studies done of fake menstrual pains conjured up by the minds of the deluded, when little to no study is done about women sex health and women who are actually suffering because of their sex organs. Because we already know if something as horrific as endo affected men, it’d be cured in no time.

• Heart
I remember attending antenatal appointments with my husband many years ago. NHS run, about 5 sessions in total. One was about breastfeeding and it was made clear that men didn't need to attend. Only one husband came. Five years later I saw the family again, because our children ended up in the same primary school. They got divorced. Turned out the guy was a total control freak, beat his wife, etc., etc.
There are many reasons why female healthcare excludes men from certain spaces. One is to give women a chance to speak up. Sadly, many don't but even if only some do, it's worth keeping that practice. Woke bros will never understand this.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Oh the period pain thing gets me. Like, yeah, perfectly believable that a transwoman will have hormone surges after beginning hormones IMO, but to compare them to or explicitly call them a period is ridiculous and insulting to all the women that get them. Call me back when you’ve leaked through your clothes at work or been humiliated for it at school, made to feel dirty or ashamed, are doubled up on the floor crying or vomiting with the pain, ridiculed for ‘mood swings’, aren’t taken seriously when you go to the GP to discuss it, go un-diagnosed… I could go on, and on, and on.

Transwomen and women have experiences that are in no way comparable. I often get the feeling that for some TIMs the concept of having a period just allows them to go on and be angry/violent/pissy under the excuse of ‘oops, tehe it’s my period‘. Because, ‘know, that’s what the women do. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I’m sure if a trans woman goes to the gp saying they have period pains they will get all sorts of painkillers to help ease their ‘symptoms’.
Unlike me, who was told by a male GP, that periods can hurt get used to it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I was reading a tumblr post about a TiM who still has their dick, thinks they’re getting their period as they’ve been on hormone replacement therapy for a while and the sheer amount of women thinking he’s telling the truth and praising him and giving him recommendations like hot water bottles and ibuprofen “AS IBUPROFEN HELPS FASTEN THE PERIOD I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY QUEEN WE LOVE WOMEN SUPPORTING WOMEN”

His diet probably consists of soft drinks and crisps. What he’s actually experiencing is diarrhea cramps. The way he is even describing them is similar to the cramps you get when you have the runs. He’s describing them as sharp and sudden.

God, it’s so obvious that the majority of them are autogynephiles.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
The word transphobic is meaningless nowadays anyway. Simply being open about the belief that men are not women is transphobic. Acknowledging they're mentally ill men is transphobic. Acknowledging biology is transphobic. Everyone knows what a woman is. Everyone. Even the most vigorous and loud TRAs know it and show it when their masks slip. Oh and there's been so many men on Twitter who preach about be kind and TWAW and then a tweet of them using actual transphobic slurs crops up. Every single time.

My conscience is clear, I have never shouted abuse or 'addressed' a TW as a 'tr*nny' the way these hypocrites do

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Women’s specific medicine, especially in the treatment of pain, endometriosis, fibroids, and polycystic ovaries has been neglected because women are expected to deal with period pain and put up with it. And now male patients are playing at period pain? Take some paracetamol and get a hot water bottle you babies. Women’s medicine should be focused on issues specific to women’s bodies. Not working out gender neutral terms and pandering.

Okay, period-like symptoms if we’re getting technical about it
In the field of medicine - we really should be technical.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
Women struggle to get their tubes tied because they "might change their mind" and it could lead to lawsuits.
Yet teens who have no rational thought yet are allowed to start taking hormones to transition them without a diagnosis.
What a fucking mad and infuriating world we live in.

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
derp.. trans women can actually get period symptoms believe it or not :O

how’s about educating yourself on the matter instead of slaying people you know absolutely nothing about.
In the sense that they might experience abdominal cramping, maybe, but anyone can experience that. They cannot physically have a period.

Don't start with the "educate yourself" stuff either, I think you may be in the wrong thread here.

Reactions: 32
I couldn't give a flying fuck about transmen having what they claim to be period pains. You want to be a woman, therefore, fucking deal with it, pain and all. If you have a penis and testicles you do not, cannot and will not know anything about periods or being a biological woman. If that makes me transphobic, fucking great, couldn't care less.

I don't want anyone to be attacked for their way of life. Neither do I want women's lives being eroded by a few blokes who are delusional enough to be fed that fantasy that they can experience a true life as a woman. They cannot and it's as simple as that. I fucking love that we have this pace here to be able to articulate this with (mainly) measured and intelligent people.

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I don’t read the SW thread but regardless of your personal opinion on it, surely what matters most is a woman’s right to choose for herself. As long as she is a consenting adult, and isn’t being trafficked or coerced, who cares?

Forcing an ideology on someone is no different to being forced to accept that TWAW. Although I’d argue that was worse because TWAW means I have to redefine my own parameters.

Everything ain’t for everybody.
First of all I'm not "forcing" an ideology on anyone, it's one of the basic principles of radical feminism.

I care because for every woman who "chooses" sex work, millions don't get the choice. Sex work doesn't exist without the presence of trafficking and violence against women. Women's bodies are not a commodity to be sold. A woman's body being used for sexual gratification is not empowering and only reinforces the power imbalance between men and women. So that's why I care.

• Heart