Gender Discussion #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just found my 14 year old cousins Tiktok, whereby she corrected someone for calling her a pretty girl "I'm a boy". She's moved high schools due to bullying, is on the spectrum, doesn't leave her room unless it's to make Tiktoks outside and is obsessed with anime. I'm devestated she's fallen into this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I have just found my 14 year old cousins Tiktok, whereby she corrected someone for calling her a pretty girl "I'm a boy". She's moved high schools due to bullying, is on the spectrum, doesn't leave her room unless it's to make Tiktoks outside and is obsessed with anime. I'm devestated she's fallen into this.
I think a lot of kids will. It’s this generation’s kicking out at norms and worse, they’re being validated for it. It’s a heady mix.

I just hope none get driven down the modification track before they grow up.

Reactions: 17
I think a lot of kids will. It’s this generation’s kicking out at norms and worse, they’re being validated for it. It’s a heady mix.

I just hope none get driven down the modification track before they grow up.
That's what I think, and it's the adults who keep 'validating' and 'confirming' who are truly evil. Let kids rebel. Let them claim they are male when they are actually female. But don't put them on medication or pretend that it's true.

Reactions: 16
A few more things are coming out about the Wi Spa which are alarming (if true, of course). As the review says, you can deny someone entrance if their behaviour is unacceptable. At this point it's not even a gender issue.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Watching the Stockholm athletics meet. If anyone is in the UK check it out on the iplayer around 95 minutes. I won't say who it is but it's glaringly obvious that one of the runners is male (apparently DSD but almost certainly has internal male testes much like Semenya) They have had to drop to the 200m to circumvent the new rules, the quicker the IAAF can get the evidence of advantage for all events and stamp this out, the better. I have sympathy for these people, they come from countries without the medical care that developed countries take for granted and so DSD will go undiagnosed for years but it should be obvious by 14 or 15 years old that they are developing male physical traits.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I've been thinking about all of this for a while now. I think there is a fundamental aspect of the TRA movement and the direction it has taken that is deeply flawed and sort of disturbing.

Everyone perceives themselves in certain way. That perception is subjective. For example, I may think of myself as kind and funny.

Other people perceive me in their own way. Some may agree with my own perception, others may not. Again, their view of me is subjective.

Some facts about myself are objectively true - things like height, weight, age, etc. They can be measured, though even then different people may have different views on what those objective facts mean (may kids think I'm ancient, my parents think I'm young, my actual age is 42).

At any rate, whatever I may think of myself, I have no right or power to make other people agree with this. I cannot demand that other people view me as kind or funny.

I accept that some people may think of themselves as non-binary, but they cannot compel me to see them that way. However, this is what the TRA movement seems to be about. To compel others to fall in line with 'rightthink'. It's really rather disturbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
From The Observer yesterday (of course The Guardian would never cover this):

It’s nuts. The University of Essex commissions a review of its conduct re. no-platforming two gender critical academics. The report finds that the university was in the wrong and it misinterpreted the law. The report also said that Stonewall did not pick up on the university’s misinterpretation (LOL, of course they didn’t).

The university accepted the report’s findings and apologised to the two academics.

Then the university issued a further apology, this time to trans and non-binary staff and students, for any hurty feels that may have occurred as a result of the report’s findings.

It’s unbelievable.

Reactions: 17
Someone posted a picture all outraged onto a local Facebook group. It’s a picture of a bin in a local park with a small ‘transwomen are men - some have a penis’ sticker on it. Everyone commenting is all outraged saying how hateful it is, who ever did it needs a life, should get in the bin etc. I think it’s factual, but I daren’t say that. The people commenting are probably all perfectly nice, but uninformed. Nice to know I am not alone here. If that sticker makes one person think or look it up or question it in some way, then that’s enough (wasn’t me I promise!).

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Someone posted a picture all outraged onto a local Facebook group. It’s a picture of a bin in a local park with a small ‘transwomen are men - some have a penis’ sticker on it. Everyone commenting is all outraged saying how hateful it is, who ever did it needs a life, should get in the bin etc. I think it’s factual, but I daren’t say that. The people commenting are probably all perfectly nice, but uninformed. Nice to know I am not alone here. If that sticker makes one person think or look it up or question it in some way, then that’s enough (wasn’t me I promise!).
What I don't get about people who are commenting that it's hateful etc (hateful to state facts?!) are clearly uninformed but they go ahead and comment nonetheless. There are plenty of things I'm uninformed about but I don't feel the need to voice my opinion or stick my oar in. Not everything needs everyone's hot take especially when you havent a bulls notion what you're talking about.

Reactions: 10
I was reading a tumblr post about a TiM who still has their dick, thinks they’re getting their period as they’ve been on hormone replacement therapy for a while and the sheer amount of women thinking he’s telling the truth and praising him and giving him recommendations like hot water bottles and ibuprofen “AS IBUPROFEN HELPS FASTEN THE PERIOD I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY QUEEN WE LOVE WOMEN SUPPORTING WOMEN”

His diet probably consists of soft drinks and crisps. What he’s actually experiencing is diarrhea cramps. The way he is even describing them is similar to the cramps you get when you have the runs. He’s describing them as sharp and sudden.

God, it’s so obvious that the majority of them are autogynephiles.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I was reading a tumblr post about a TiM who still has their dick, thinks they’re getting their period as they’ve been on hormone replacement therapy for a while and the sheer amount of women thinking he’s telling the truth and praising him and giving him recommendations like hot water bottles and ibuprofen “AS IBUPROFEN HELPS FASTEN THE PERIOD I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY QUEEN WE LOVE WOMEN SUPPORTING WOMEN”

His diet probably consists of soft drinks and crisps. What he’s actually experiencing is diarrhea cramps. The way he is even describing them is similar to the cramps you get when you have the runs. He’s describing them as sharp and sudden.

God, it’s so obvious that the majority of them are autogynephiles.
😂 a period. Right then. They clearly skipped high school biology lessons.

Reactions: 22
😂 a period. Right then. They clearly skipped high school biology lessons.
If I had to give them any compliment I will have to say they really do be living their fantasy and not giving a duck if anyone else says different. Admirable trait lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This just popped up on my Instagram and it’s kind of pissed me off… first of all, why do we have to tit on men all the time? Slagging men off does nothing, we can build women up without tearing men down? And secondly, what does being a lesbian have to do with men? Lesbians are lesbians because they are sexually attracted to women, not because men are too much hassle, being a lesbian isn’t a last resort or some sort of failed straight person? Eugh am I overthinking it or being too sensitive?
A0578CCE-A640-40BF-BB5C-FB9A0C66FACF.jpeg

Reactions: 7
This just popped up on my Instagram and it’s kind of pissed me off… first of all, why do we have to tit on men all the time? Slagging men off does nothing, we can build women up without tearing men down? And secondly, what does being a lesbian have to do with men? Lesbians are lesbians because they are sexually attracted to women, not because men are too much hassle, being a lesbian isn’t a last resort or some sort of failed straight person? Eugh am I overthinking it or being too sensitive?
View attachment 648815
To be honest I have noticed a trend in these people making up fake scenarios about stuff to get even more validity. There’s even a running joke where when one of them will tell their obviously highly fictionalised story and someone will reply with ”and everyone on the bus clapped and cheered”

but tbh I would get this on a T-shirt
5185CDE0-D010-4A95-85A3-46C65EF44AB7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Quoting myself but a man in the comments mentioned the whole trans women in women’s sports thing. They didn’t necessarily agree with the sticker, but people really don’t like the idea of born males competing in women’s sports. More people will have seen that sticker thanks to the person who shared it than if they had just left it alone or quietly removed it. So who’s laughing now?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.