Gemma Atkinson #5 #freetheMarquezone

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel her pain having lost both of our dogs this year. One to old age & one very suddenly 5 weeks ago & we are still struggling! Coming home to an empty house is not getting any easier 💔
Not wishing to upset anyone but I once received a pet bereavement card from our vet who had been with us when our lovely old girl passed many years ago and I've held onto it because it always gives me comfort

On the front it has a picture of pets paw in their owners hand and the verse reads -

'Goodbye is not forever
Goodbye is not the end
It simply means I love you
Until we meet again '

Sending love to anyone struggling with pet loss ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Not wishing to upset anyone but I once received a pet bereavement card from our vet who had been with us when our lovely old girl passed many years ago and I've held onto it because it always gives me comfort

On the front it has a picture of pets paw in their owners hand and the verse reads -

'Goodbye is not forever
Goodbye is not the end
Until we meet again '

That's beautiful - we have an issue with our vet which I won't go into! But our insurer sent us a hand written card with a little packet of forget me not seeds which we will be planting ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

'Goodbye is not forever
Goodbye is not the end
Until we meet again '

When we lost our boy in 2021 and our girl last year, I had a mantra.

It only hurts this much because we gave them our whole heart and world. If it didn’t hurt this much we failed them.

Animals are the best and most selfless creatures. I want to come back as a cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I know you can get a pet put to sleep at home (obviously it costs more ) .. which I think is lovely (well not lovely, the animal is dying - but you know what I mean ) , my cousin had her dog put to sleep at home and she said it was so peaceful as he was surrounded with what he knew and not so clinical like it normally is at the vets , so maybe they did that x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know you can get a pet put to sleep at home (obviously it costs more ) .. which I think is lovely (well not lovely, the animal is dying - but you know what I mean ) , my cousin had her dog put to sleep at home and she said it was so peaceful as he was surrounded with what he knew and not so clinical like it normally is at the vets , so maybe they did that x
That’s what I think happened from what she’s posted

Reactions: 2

'Goodbye is not forever
Goodbye is not the end
Until we meet again '

And I’m off again 😢😢 sat with my 11 year old dog next to me dreading that day 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm a wreck. We lost our sweet girl at the end of last year and I think I'm doing well til someone's else's dog dies and it hits me...bam...you're never seeing her again. Really feel for Gemma and Mia.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I’m still incredibly sad after 12 months of losing our pet. It’s the saddest time. Bawling reading all your posts. They are loved so very much and missed every single day.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

'Goodbye is not forever
Goodbye is not the end
Until we meet again '

Our vet did this too when we lost our beautiful girl in 2022. My heart does break for Gemma because it's such a painful thing to go through. We've had 5 girls die over the last 20 years, all who have lived to ripe old ages and I still miss them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Reading about Norman broke my heart earlier for him and them all. 💔 💔
I just knew I should never have come on here tonight. 😭😭😭
Sleep easy, Norman. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I lost my dog in 2021 and honestly reading Gemma’s sad news brought it all back I was in tears reading her post! Poor Mia too 😢I still miss my boy and it is honestly one of the reasons I’ve put off getting another dog as it’s so heartbreaking when they go💔

Reactions: 6
I’m bit of an outcast here as I like Gemma. But I love how we can all agree when something sad like this happens.
I mean this genuinely and not in the twit way people say it but there is actually a rave thread if you feel outcast here sometimes. I'm not sure how active it is these days though because I think moaning about people is more cathartic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I saw this a few years ago and it had always stuck with me. The hardest but kindest thing you can do for your pet 💔

View attachment 3026734
This has brought (several) tears to my eyes. My beautiful boy is almost 15 and I know in my heart of hearts we don't have much longer left with him and I'm mentally trying to prepare myself and my kids for that day, I feel sick at the thought of saying goodbye... Poor Gemma, she absolutely adored that dog ❤

Love to you all who have lost pets, they leave an paw print on our lives forever x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s very sad, when we lost ours our youngest was around Mia’s age.

I hope now she’s posted about it, she lets Mia grieve in peace and herself too. I’m not sure we really need to know the ins and outs of what that wee girls is saying/thinking after losing her beloved pet.

Reactions: 5