GB News

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Still undecided on wooootooon
Screenshot_20231004_142026_X.jpg

The Dan Wootton Tonight 9.00pm slot has been renamed GBN Tonight :oops:
They've done that since last week in their schedule, just like they usually do when a regular is on a break or something. Very normal.

Reactions: 1

Yel

How bleeping embarrassing. He chose to be sacked by ranting off about his employer.

Sending my thoughts and prayers 🙄
Screenshot_20231004_163634_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231004_163643_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dear God....

Click "pray" and may your bank balance be eternally lightened.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Calvin & Laurence didn't deserve to be employed there in the first place.

(though Calvin seemed more normal when he started and got progressively crazier)

Has anyone else noticed that Calvin looks a bit like Mrs Goggins from Postman Pat? Now I’ve seen it I can’t I see it😶

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think Patrick Christys has been excellent tonight and I wouldn't be upset if he's offered the weekday 9pm slot permanently

Yel

Calvin going on about GB news now having only professional presenters 😆. I wouldn't call all of them that, but does he really think he and Laurence are fighting for a good cause? And that their cause is the only good cause? 🙄 everyone in the media is out for themselves.

He's raised 16k so far🤯 and still lots pouring in

• Haha
Calvin going on about GB news now having only professional presenters 😆. I wouldn't call all of them that, but does he really think he and Laurence are fighting for a good cause? And that their cause is the only good cause? 🙄 everyone in the media is out for themselves.

He's raised 16k so far🤯 and still lots pouring in
He's ordained in the Free Church of England which broke away from the C of E in the 19th Century & it has a grand total of 18 congregations in the UK, approx 2,000 members.
Maybe they've weighed in with about a £5er each so far lol
😁

everyone in the media is out for themselves.
Think of broadcast media as a toilet and the turds that circle the bowl are the presenters and guests. Sometimes the toilet gets blocked-up by so much tit someone needs to give it a good flush. 🚽

ps. A whole page devoted to GB News in latest issue of Private Eye.

Still undecided on wooootooon
View attachment 2490520

They've done that since last week in their schedule, just like they usually do when a regular is on a break or something. Very normal.
It's interesting that GB News is reserving judgment on Dan Wooton. The recent PopBitch piece is very damning of him claiming he ignored the producer's requests to rein in Laurence Fox and apologise. If true, and given the number of complaints Ofcom have received - now approaching 9,000 - it's hard to see how station bosses could continue to employ him in an on air role.

1696506871088.png

Yel

The recent PopBitch piece, if true, is very damning of Wooton claiming he ignored the producer's requests to reign Laurence Fox in and apologise.
Yep, it makes Calvin look (even more) of an idiot for claiming Wootton was unfairly taken off air. The mail said this also a few days ago.

If on screen people ignore producers then they've maid their own decision that they can't be on air. I think it's 50/50 if he'll be back. I don't think there's any case for unfair dismissal at all, like many supporters on social media keep saying.

It's interesting that GB News is reserving judgment on Dan Wooton. The recent PopBitch piece is very damning of him claiming he ignored the producer's requests to rein in Laurence Fox and apologise. If true, and given the number of complaints Ofcom have received - now approaching 9,000 - it's hard to see how station bosses could continue to employ him in an on air role.

View attachment 2492363
Why didn't the producers just cut Fox off then and there if they were that bothered? "Technical difficulties" etc.

And what did it say??
Man I haven't got the energy to type it all out. One nugget, about Richard Tice (Reform UK Leader, partner of Isabel Oakshot) defecting from TalkTV to GB News. Er ... another about the guy who owns half of GB News teaming-up with a hedgefund to buy The Telegraph (and all its titles) when it's auctioned off soon and how it's spooked The Daily Mail (They want to buy The Telegraph)....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.