Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horatio

VIP Member
[Bryn on Smithy] "He's a lovely looking boy. Not in the conventional sense, like Gavin or Enrique Iglesias, but he's got a lovely spirit. A confidence, if you will, that you rarely find in a fat man."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

elloelloello

VIP Member
Doris, will you join us, in a mint Baileys, for Christmas?

I won’t Bryn, I been drinking all day, I’m drunk now if the truth be told.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

xgoatx

I've always wanted a special where they all go and visit Jason and his partner (husband?) in Spain. I think that would be a lot of fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Reviving this to ask -- did anyone else immediately imagine Pam Shipman's reaction to Queen Camilla? I need someone to make a GIF or something about it!
Imagine the roleplay Pam and Mick would get up to. Pam bowing down to Mick as Camilla and Charles. 😏😏

• Haha

Pamellla

Just rewatching for the 5th time ! Every time I watch it, it just seems to get better. Holds such a special place in my heart. The first Xmas special has to be my fave or the protests against the phone mast thing ! P.s Pamela shipman is me all over hence the name haha 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Luce0331

VIP Member
So I’m wondering, doesn’t get on with the Mother, lesbian gay, doesn’t get on with the Dad, gay gay

• Haha

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I gather one of the issues is that they don't want to give people the fairytale ending (they've previously said that Smithy would have said yes but they'd have ended up divorced) so what do they do? How do you make everyone happy? I've been thinking about this since the Ghosts writers discussed their finale 😂
Can gavin and Stacey get divorced instead? 😂 They’ve zero chemistry.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Horatio

VIP Member
Such a genius show. I love the way they pick up on so many tiny quirks of our culture - the politics of sharing a takeaway as one small example. Also those small inconsequential scenes that are so brilliant. I love the bit in the toilets where Pam and Dawn are talking about the film Doubt with “Phillip Dustin Hoffman”...again just one example of many.

Then the characters are so strong, so individual and so hilarious, even the supporting ones - a lot of love for dawn and Pete on this thread for instance. But Nessa is one of the greatest characters ever.
AND it also manages to make you care about them and be moved at the sentimental moments.

Opendoor

LOVE Gavin and Stacey... absolute classic!
Also love inbetweeners, Friday night dinner, this country and binged on Fleabag this weekend and is BRILLIANT

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I hope they are doing another episode! They can’t just end it on that cliffhanger. I need to know what happens next.
I love the show - but does anyone else feel that it should just be left now...?
They are in danger of ruining it and its legacy.

• Heart

Luce0331

VIP Member
Tea in the bottom half, coffee in the top half. I call it a toffee or a cea. But you can’t ask for that in a cafe because they’ll just bring you a toffee.. or a key

• Haha

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Keep returning to this thread whenever I remember a small thing I love about this show and thought of another:
The never seen character of Lucy and her endless after school activities....
The attention to detail is so brilliant,regular viewers are so well rewarded - “Lucy can’t make it she’s on her d of e” shouldn’t be funny but if you’ve seen the other episodes it somehow really is. (Partly because it reminds you how young she is)
Or she's grounded apart from horse based events!

• Haha