Gastric band/sleeve/bypass

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah no sorry wrong person (just looked her up) I don't follow her.

The one I mentioned is sleeve_me_to_it, I thought that's who you were referring to.

Is Alex VSG worth following?

Ah no sorry wrong person (just looked her up) I don't follow her.

The one I mentioned is sleeve_me_to_it, I thought that's who you were referring to.

Is Alex VSG worth following?
Yeah I like her. She does WIEIAD and fashion stuff

The girl who created the go fund me has tagged a girl who was best friends with Lisa that’s scammed people giving her side of events x

Just watched all of those! I have to say I feel really sorry for Bex, especially after she explained why she loved having a best friend. Lisa is a disgusting person preying on someone llike that. I think Bex has done this the right way, she's told her story, there's no speculation round it and she hasn't asked for donations. The way the other group have gone about it just deosn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I've followed Len a long time and think it's awful that she also got stung as she's always been lovely to me when I've messaged her asking about the sleeve. It's just the way it was done (the other girl doing the reveal and refusing to say much then setting up a gofundme) when people should have been informed of WHY exactly they were being asked donate instead of just doing it in blind faith. Sorry that's how people get scammed in the first place! And the snootiness of some of them saying don't bother messaging me looking for gossip etc (sleeve_me_to_it especially), ah no, people just wanted to know what was going on as you've all plastered tiny bits on social media and asked for funds but won't say why!!
---
The girl who created the go fund me has tagged a girl who was best friends with Lisa that’s scammed people giving her side of events x

Just watched all of those! I have to say I feel really sorry for Bex, especially after she explained why she loved having a best friend. Lisa is a disgusting person preying on someone llike that. I think Bex has done this the right way, she's told her story, there's no speculation round it and she hasn't asked for donations. The way the other group have gone about it just deosn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I've followed Len a long time and think it's awful that she also got stung as she's always been lovely to me when I've messaged her asking about the sleeve. It's just the way it was done (the other girl doing the reveal and refusing to say much then setting up a gofundme) when people should have been informed of WHY exactly they were being asked donate instead of just doing it in blind faith. Sorry that's how people get scammed in the first place! And the snootiness of some of them saying don't bother messaging me looking for gossip etc (sleeve_me_to_it especially), ah no, people just wanted to know what was going on as you've all plastered tiny bits on social media and asked for funds but won't say why!!
---
Sorry for the double post! Tattle crashed while I was posting.

Reactions: 1
Hi guys, I'm new here. But I've been talking to my GP about my weight because I've struggled for years to lose weight and I'm just getting no where. I'm really big and I'm worried about my health. My GP is going to refer me to a local hospital for a weight loss program that you have to do before you can be considered for bariatrics, of course there's a waiting list but I'm determined to actually make changes. I am possibly considering the gastric sleeve because I need a permanent solution rather than a temporary one. Has anyone here had the sleeve?

Reactions: 3
Hi guys, I'm new here. But I've been talking to my GP about my weight because I've struggled for years to lose weight and I'm just getting no where. I'm really big and I'm worried about my health. My GP is going to refer me to a local hospital for a weight loss program that you have to do before you can be considered for bariatrics, of course there's a waiting list but I'm determined to actually make changes. I am possibly considering the gastric sleeve because I need a permanent solution rather than a temporary one. Has anyone here had the sleeve?
I had a sleeve last month. Paid to go to Turkey as there are no waiting lists or hoops to jump through. You just need a BMI of 30+

I had a sleeve last month. Paid to go to Turkey as there are no waiting lists or hoops to jump through. You just need a BMI of 30+
My BMI is in the 60's (really bad I know) so I definitely qualify for surgery. How are you finding things with the sleeve?

My BMI is in the 60's (really bad I know) so I definitely qualify for surgery. How are you finding things with the sleeve?
Best thing I’ve done! I’ve done two weeks liquids, two weeks purée, two weeks soft food and today I’ve started on ‘normal’ food. I keep track of my calories and protein to make sure I’m on target. It’s so strange getting full up on such little food.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I went to Turkey too.. my gp referred me initially and I had a phone call the next day and was like oh my f god 😂 turned out it was a quick mental health assessment they said there is a very lengthy wait. I was very aware in the time that I could be waiting it could lead to more serious health problems so I went to Turkey due to the financial aspect. I went somewhere where a friend of a friend had been and she highly recommended for a sleeve and it was the best thing I ever did. The care was second to none and thankfully had no complications. Fifteen months after I got a call to start the nhs programme, I asked out of curiosity if I had needed to go ahead how long would it take from getting on the programme and she said approx 2 years. Hope this helps xx

Reactions: 4
I'm in a similar boat to you, i think my BMI is about 55ish, I was referred to WM in October 2021 and have been taking Saxenda and having tier 3 weight management appointments since May 2022, I have just this month had my mental health assessment, and i am now awaiting surgery. I've been advised where i am in the south west there's about a 1 year wait time minimum, and i have to prove I'm mentally stable to make cut backs to my eating now, before I can be listed. its very difficult, and unlike Turkey there are many hoops to jump through, but for me paying is just not an option, so this is my only choice. I am absolutely desperate for the surgery though, i am going for a sleeve, i feel like life is on hold while I'm waiting but unfortunately because its NHS, I have to. I've got 3 friends who have had them done privately, 2 in UK and one in Turkey, and they all have had good experiences thankfully, and say its the best thing they've ever done. i can't wait. good luck babe, i hope it works out for you x

Reactions: 3
I'm in a similar boat to you, i think my BMI is about 55ish, I was referred to WM in October 2021 and have been taking Saxenda and having tier 3 weight management appointments since May 2022, I have just this month had my mental health assessment, and i am now awaiting surgery. I've been advised where i am in the south west there's about a 1 year wait time minimum, and i have to prove I'm mentally stable to make cut backs to my eating now, before I can be listed. its very difficult, and unlike Turkey there are many hoops to jump through, but for me paying is just not an option, so this is my only choice. I am absolutely desperate for the surgery though, i am going for a sleeve, i feel like life is on hold while I'm waiting but unfortunately because its NHS, I have to. I've got 3 friends who have had them done privately, 2 in UK and one in Turkey, and they all have had good experiences thankfully, and say its the best thing they've ever done. i can't wait. good luck babe, i hope it works out for you x
I talked to my GP and she said they might start me on the injections at first and then get me in for surgery. I wish I could afford to go to Turkey but I can't so I'm having to rely on the NHS. But my doctor did say she thinks that getting my mental health sorted first will help me out, I'm having an assessment next week for my mental health so going to see what happens with that. I'm honestly so desperate to lose weight and I've tried everything myself like slimming world, exercise, calorie counting but because my mental health is in such a tit state I just keep gaining weight 🙃 but I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hopefully one day I'll get my sleeve, thank you so much for explaining your journey to me. It's made me feel a bit better x

• Heart
I went to Turkey too.. my gp referred me initially and I had a phone call the next day and was like oh my f god 😂 turned out it was a quick mental health assessment they said there is a very lengthy wait. I was very aware in the time that I could be waiting it could lead to more serious health problems so I went to Turkey due to the financial aspect. I went somewhere where a friend of a friend had been and she highly recommended for a sleeve and it was the best thing I ever did. The care was second to none and thankfully had no complications. Fifteen months after I got a call to start the nhs programme, I asked out of curiosity if I had needed to go ahead how long would it take from getting on the programme and she said approx 2 years. Hope this helps xx
Do you mind me asking where you went in Turkey? I have made enquiries for private in the UK but it’s £10.5k so I’m potentially considering Turkey - although that scares me if something goes wrong 😑

Do you mind me asking where you went in Turkey? I have made enquiries for private in the UK but it’s £10.5k so I’m potentially considering Turkey - although that scares me if something goes wrong 😑
I went to Turkey with a company called Get Slim in Turkey. It cost £3,000. They do so many pre op checks. More than in the UK

I went to Turkey with a company called Get Slim in Turkey. It cost £3,000. They do so many pre op checks. More than in the UK
Gosh it’s a fraction of the price isn’t it!!!

I went with Gozde Ozel Saglik in Izmir. Dr Deniz was my surgeon. I paid extra for the ‘luxury’ hospital and hotel and sorted my flights online. The hospital was great, wasn’t impressed with the hotel (quite old fashioned and not luxury) but I was only there a night. I gather they use a different and nicer hotel now. I was also on my own which I can’t believe I did now! You can have someone stay in your room with you. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

There are helpful facebooks groups (I think it’s ‘Gozde changed my life’ or something like that.).

I had the sleeve done July last year (2022). I was 110kg and I've gone down to about 80kgs. I feel fantastic. I probably could lose more, however, I like a wine or two too much. I feel great though. I'm in Australia and used my Superannuation to fund it (about 20k all up). Best thing I have ever done and wish I had of done it years ago. I can eat normal meals and have no problems. I just can't eat a lot. There are some days I seem to be able to eat more and other days a couple of mouth fulls and I'm full. I generally just order kids meals when I'm out. Oh I'm 44 years old.

• Heart
Can anyone who has had a gastric sleeve in Turkey share anything about booking and also recovery time?

How quickly could I arrange a date for surgery? E.g. could I book to go in a fortnight or something?
I’m going on my honeymoon in April(!). If I had it done in, say, early January would I potentially be recovered enough to eat more than purée by mid-April? I understand it’s different for everyone but would that be reasonable?

thanks

Can anyone who has had a gastric sleeve in Turkey share anything about booking and also recovery time?

How quickly could I arrange a date for surgery? E.g. could I book to go in a fortnight or something?
I’m going on my honeymoon in April(!). If I had it done in, say, early January would I potentially be recovered enough to eat more than purée by mid-April? I understand it’s different for everyone but would that be reasonable?

thanks
I didn’t have it done in turkey but I was able to eat formed food by about 8 weeks but you don’t enjoy food/feel sick after food/learn how to eat properly and portions until about 5-6 months in my experience
---
And also my bestfriend had it in turkey, from booking to surgery she was done in 2 weeks. In England for me it was 4 weeks! Also have a food funeral!! Best thing I ever did before the surgery

I didn’t have it done in turkey but I was able to eat formed food by about 8 weeks but you don’t enjoy food/feel sick after food/learn how to eat properly and portions until about 5-6 months in my experience
---
And also my bestfriend had it in turkey, from booking to surgery she was done in 2 weeks. In England for me it was 4 weeks! Also have a food funeral!! Best thing I ever did before the surgery
Thanks for your response. what’s a Food funeral?? 😬