Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I didn't even know you could do that the other spoiler is easier to read, but still fiddly. Inline one would be a nightmare to read for a long post on my phone
nothing here

Happy to go with the consensus with a vote here, most people seem alright with just not reading this thread if they haven't watched after its aired. Most places it's not considered a spoiler after 2am, but I know that doesn't suit everyone.

♥ To vote for ok to discuss after 2am airing
🤢 To vote for spoiler tags until 9pm

I know that the episode will be aired live at 2am on Sky Atlantic but does anyone know if it will be shown live on NowTV ?
I've heard people saying it's not live on nowtv but will be on demand from 3:30

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know that the episode will be aired live at 2am on Sky Atlantic but does anyone know if it will be shown live on NowTV ? I know Netflix usually uploads things the morning right after something airs in America and I hope it won't be the same.

Testing the spoiler tags here

Cheerios are the worst cereal
3.30am for nowtv

Reactions: 1
Minor spoiler about title of episode 3 and what it implies...

Ep 3 is called “the battle of winterfell” and is the longest battle ever committed to film - even bigger than helms deep in LOTR. It also suggests the night king threat may be dealt with mid series before getting back to the iron throne? Feel the body count of main characters will definitely be high.

Are you all going to hate me if I told you I saw it on Friday ?? [emoji23]
Just a little! Jim Chapman, is that you? [emoji1787][emoji1787] If so, check out your thread as you have plenty of fans there! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Haha
I was the sad sack who stayed up until 2am to watch it now all go watch it to so we can talk!

Until then 🤐
I did too! Spoilers to follow for ep 1...

I thought it was a great episode, enjoyed it more than I have in a while.
I’ve always been a fan more for the conversations, dialogue and power struggles of earlier seasons than the spectacle of more recent ones. This got enough done with moving characters into place, reunions and such that felt natural not just for the sake of exposition. The writing felt stronger than it had in years. And there were significant reunions I hadn’t even considered like Sansa and Tyrion which had to be a highlight.
Action wise the sacrificed boy was understated - for GoT - but incredibly disturbing and well done.
Yes the dragon ride was a little silly but character wise I love how subtly Daenery’s character and claim to the throne has changed. She’s now so used to waltzing into regions she doesn’t know and winning from her strength alone, she is no longer the cautious girl keen to learn she is becoming ever more entitled - perfectly exemplified by Sam, and what he said to Jon. The stuff with Bronn seems a bit stuck on. Would Cersei really want Jaime dead? Is she really that far gone? But the actors playing Cersei and Bronn famously despise each other and refuse to film together so maybe that’s why it just seemed a bit odd. Don’t know why Cersei would ask Bronn of all people. He clearly won’t go through with it....

Fans seem pretty split on their reaction to the episode but im willing to bet its mainly those who prefer battle type epsiodes and those who don’t. And those are definitely coming. Overall though this was all about character development and I loved it - that ending shook me....

Reactions: 4
I bloody loved it - especially the horror movie moment, I proper yelped.

Sam :love: I just adore him and he made very good point

I liked the fact they didn't hang about with the reunions , it was boom, boom, boom

I need to watch it again as I miss too much on first viewing as I concentrate so much I almost forget to breathe

Am I bad for fancying Euron Greyjoy?

Yara's head butt - :m

oh it was all just fabulous

Reactions: 6
Anyone think all the dead Starks in the crypt are going to be risen by the Night King? :oops: I reckon in the trailer we saw that Arya is running away from her dead father, what else could scare her that much to run away and not fight instead? Plus the new opening credits goes down into the crypt.

Reactions: 2
Anyone think all the dead Starks in the crypt are going to be risen by the Night King? :oops: I reckon in the trailer we saw that Arya is running away from her dead father, what else could scare her that much to run away and not fight instead? Plus the new opening credits goes down into the crypt.
Ooh yeah good shout. Even reminding us about the crypt in this episode. Arya seems genuinely terrififed in that clip in the trailer - out of character. Cornered by the NK? Surely the starks
Will save her rather than turn on her? Maybe enabled by bran?

Also anyone think there’s more going on with Tyrion than we know? He just doesn’t seem fully himself - characters and fans both commenting on it - and we didn’t seem to see his whole conversation with Cersei last season...

Reactions: 2
Excuse my ramblings, just throwing a few theories out there.

I've also read some theories that Arya will use Jaime's face to kill Cersei thus fulfilling the three prophecies that she will be killed by her little brother (which she actually thinks is Tyrion but Jaime is younger than her by a few minutes). I can't imagine Jaime would go as far to kill Cersei even though he's had a great redemption arc.

Always thought the Mad King was actually mad because Bran was doing to him what he did to Hodor. That would tie Bran to Jaime again as it was Jaime who killed the Mad King......and maybe we'll even see Bran going back in time to control Jaime to deliberately push him out of the window to kickstart this whole thing. Jaime said 'the things I do for love' when he pushed Bran out of the window, some have speculated that was Bran and he's doing it all to ensure the Night King is defeated in present times by his own loved ones(if bran wasn't pushed the entire story we've watched wouldn't have happened and they wouldn't have arrived all at the point in Winterfell to fight the night king). Also read that Bran may actually also be the Night King himself? I've read so many theories I have no idea what to believe anymore :LOL:
I think Bran is central to the whole story though, what else would be the point of his abilities and being the three eyed raven? It's a huge amount of time to dedicate to his story if it wasn't hugely important.

I posted in the other GOT thread that I think Tyrion will surprise us all and become a baddie.

@NoHellNo ohhhhhhhhhhhhh interesting

I am just hoping for a Tormund & Brienne Wedding 😁

The drogon side eye type thing made me chuckle
I'm rooting for Jaime and Brienne! I love Tormund but I love Brienne's and Jaime's story. The bath scene was great and I loved the sad little waves they gave to each other when Brienne was leaving in the boat. Oh and also giving her the armour and pissing Cersei off. Jaime's arc going from a complete twit loyal to a murderous witch to going for a woman like Brienne is so good. I'll be more upset if them two don't get a happy ending more than anyone elses deaths tbh :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So even though it aired on sky at 2am, we aren't able to watch it on catch up and have to wait until 9pm tonight🙁

yes i love them too and if he has to die in the arms of the one he love then by eck it better be Brienne

So even though it aired on sky at 2am, we aren't able to watch it on catch up and have to wait until 9pm tonight🙁
its on the Sky go app for streaming and download

Reactions: 3
I think I must be the only person who doesn't like Bran lol. If he had just listened to his mum in the first place and not gone around climbing half of the things that happened after would not have happened. Now he's just this cold 3 eyed raven person.

What do people think of the new credits?

Doing some fixes to stop this thread appearing in new posts - hope thats ok @MontyMoo , but vast majority want to talk about it after airing or are happy to avoid this thread untill they've caught up.

I screamed when I saw the new intro, makes sense it had to change as they aren't scattered all over the place. Loved the change and pov angle.

So much to say don't know where to start! Will watch it again tonight.

Bit worried that Sam will end up killing Dany, he is rather good at killing non civilian / army people. His dad was old and decided honnor was more important but Dickon was a big loss.

Idiots for not learning their lesson with that stupid mission to get a wright from beyond the wall. Should have burnt that sacrifice from the night king the moment they saw it. After the last time a wright screamed and the night king warged into it.

I guess the budget didn't stretch to elephants, that would have cost an absolute fortune to do. The dogs as wolf's were always said to be very difficult and fiddly to do so did wonder how they would get elephants to northern Ireland.

Worried about how they will feed so many and all the foreign army's that are used to warm climates 😰

Not sure if Bronn will be loyal to Jamie, Tyrian or cersei (getting annoying having to Google the names all the time). I hope he won't kill the brothers, but he's always been pretty clear that he's just a sell sword out for money. Hope he isn't true to that.

Glad Yara is free. Still hoping Olenna is alive. Lady Mormont is my fave.

I think I must be the only person who doesn't like Bran lol. If he had just listened to his mum in the first place and not gone around climbing half of the things that happened after would not have happened.
Well if Catelyn had of just loved John Snow also half the things wouldn't have happened. Still think Ned should have just told her the truth, wouldn't lyanna of been fine with that if he asked while she was dying? Seems like a greater betrayal lying to his wife.

I'm rooting for Jaime and Brienne! I love Tormund but I love Brienne's and Jaime's story.
Same! They're the couple of the show to root for. I can't see Jamie living but let's hope for an EP or two together.

Last edited:
I've been able to watch it this morn at 7am on now TV. We have virgin media so don't have sky so using the free trial and pay for the next month until GOT finishes

I think Tyrion will surprise us all and become a baddie.
So many are saying that, I can kinda see it happening as everything is said to be about symmetry and Jamie going over to the good side (for now) might be balanced out. Hope he doesn't though!