Gabriella Lindley #6 Social isolation, paint inhalation, check out my room transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oof, her saying she has made friends with the baristas at Starbucks is sooo cringe. Her admitting that proves she has no friends and also shows just how damn out of touch she is.
I’m sure most of us have experienced a local or regular coming in to work, you see them make their way up to the door, you roll your eyes, sigh and get ready to be polite, friendly and welcoming to thebecause that is what YOU ARE PAID TO DO!

No one is at work trying to make friends with customers, We are working.

I know personally there is one local that has said he loves coming into my work because ‘we are his friends’. Boy, no. You are the butt of jokes, nobody likes you and we would all be very happy if you never came back!

That is gabby, she is my local to those starbs baristas.
Well that’s me going back to being rude to baristas.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
FWIW: I worked as a Starbucks barista during uni. We had a friendly regular who was very social. We all thought she was lovely. Learning who she was and her usual order was literally part of new hire training. Don't feel weird about being a regular or being sociable with store staff -- shifts can be long and mundane, but small talk and friendly customers can be a welcome reprieve.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
FWIW: I worked as a Starbucks barista during uni. We had a friendly regular who was very social. We all thought she was lovely. Learning who she was and her usual order was literally part of new hire training. Don't feel weird about being a regular or being sociable with store staff -- shifts can be long and mundane, but small talk and friendly customers can be a welcome reprieve.
This! Regulars are just like any other human you get the good with the bad. Some are absolutely lovely and make us feel better when we are on shift. Some we all run away from or grit our teeth through 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is actually just horrible to read, you don't sound very nice at all
No trust me, he isn’t a very nice person. We have an international clientele, when the corona virus started getting serious, he started coming out with some very racist things. There are other examples, but that is just one recent one.

Reactions: 3
Of course she doesn’t like Galaxy 🙄 I swear she never likes anything anyone suggests to her! Nbf but chocolate is chocolate to me and it’s all good 😂 she is so weirrrrrdddd
fucks sake. even if she likes something she’d lie and say she didn’t
She sits at home coming up with ways to be “niche” eg blending her bolognese. She is a weird person

Reactions: 23
I work in retail and we get regulars who shop in store but also do the click and collect service. With hours being so low recently and having hardly any staff on, its nice to see a familiar friendly face and have a quick chat! Yes, some customers are regular and aren't as polite, but it doesn't mean we hate them and they're worthy of an eye roll - we just smile, make conversation and get on with our jobs!

Reactions: 11
Do people really think she's had weight loss surgery again? She just doesn't look slimmer (especially now) and it can't be gastric because she's eating shitloads- you wouldn't be taking three full size snacks into the bath if you'd had any sort of recent gastric surgery.

Reactions: 10
Of course she doesn’t like Galaxy 🙄 I swear she never likes anything anyone suggests to her! Nbf but chocolate is chocolate to me and it’s all good 😂 she is so weirrrrrdddd
Why is she piping up? Literally nobody asked for her opinion

Reactions: 6
shes definitely had something done, her portions are ridiculously small almost child like. there's no way she could loose weight that quickly. thinking about it she probably blends her spag bol so it's more like a liquid so it's easier for her to cram it in. One of my friends had a gastric sleeve and would literally blend anything and freeze it to then eat it/drink it when it's melted a bit to get the calories & craving she wanted, for instance she'd leave ben and jerry's to melt right down and drink it like a milkshake, now don't get me wrong i could sit an eat a whole tub but i'd be sick as a dog afterwards.:sick: but she'd do this with every meal as the eating habit is still there apposed to a controlled diet & exercise weight loss, it's a lifestyle change

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I worked in a supermarket and was told to make conversation with anyone, especially the elderly even for 15 mins as sometimes it's the only sort of communication or company they get that day. That was good customer service.
A while after I was moved to the cafe and even young people then became friendly and they knew who you were etc. It was actually lovely. It was lovely to go into work and look forward to seeing these customers. There was a couple (I've since left now) and we were all stood in the back worrying about this elderly couple as we hadn't seen them for a while. The relief to see them actually was amazing.

There's no need to be rude. An I'd have been fired or given a disciplinary for making jokes about a customer. The world is already hateful enough. If gobby only has the Starbucks barista's company then that's fair enough if she sometimes 'works' there and is regular.
I don't like her one bit but although I'm a mother and have no friends at 24 anymore, I completely relate to her in the isolation phase. I have my husband but some nights for me are cripplingly lonely and ill be desperate just to talk to my mom. I do relate here. I tried baby groups but I have ptsd and social anxiety so I find it really hard going to them and making friends. I really miss work for those customers and the people I worked with. If she wants people local like that she's free to make them. At least it's something. Like her or not Gabby is screwed up by something in her head and she needs help but might find things a bit difficult. Admittedly she's an attention seeker but she's not the only person with these problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She keeps banging on about this hair elasticiser but wasn't she just promoting that customised hair shampoo and conditioner a few videos ago that she apparently loves so much. Girl, we can see the shampoo and conditioner bottles in your vlog when you were getting your bath ready - both look untouched and still full to me *rolls eyes*.

Reactions: 17
She’s the type of person where if you said the Sky was blue she would say it was green.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.