Gabriella Lindley #3 Broken nose, paint fume woes, pooped in a box and everybody knows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here in the US you can and do get leave when you rescue/adopt a new pet. Maybe in the U.K. or other places they do not and that’s a shame. And I do have two human children and they are my world but so are my fur babies, they are our family too. I guess if you don’t love/adore your pets as many/most do you wouldn’t understand
Maybe with your employer, but I can asure everyone reading here that is not a US centric thing by any stretch of the imagination. It's a struggle to get decent maternity leave for most, so new pets is not on the agenda with employers in the US.

Reactions: 12
Maybe with your employer, but I can asure everyone reading here that is not a US centric thing by any stretch of the imagination. It's a struggle to get decent maternity leave for most, so new pets is not on the agenda with employers in the US.
I think the west coast is much more agreeable than the south or Midwest, East coast is good too. Many firms/companies here offer it. My firm, my husbands company and numerous friends get it too.. not sure where you live .. My point was that people are generally more understanding and receptive than the other commentator made out. She said society views babies differently bc they give maternity leave..

No I 100% agree with you! It is a shame that she can’t admit those things in her videos, or even admit them to herself! It would definitely send a better message to her younger audience.

I never understood her excuse of not having a partner because people annoy her. People annoy me when they’re around me all the time, and that’s just the way I am, and that’s fine! It doesn’t mean you should shut yourself away. There are plenty of people out there that feel the same. There are so many couples that don’t even live together, because they’ve chosen to do that, so why doesn’t she find someone like that? Someone who has the same mindset? Being in a relationship does not mean you have to be together 24/7. In my mind, that’s actually what ruins a lot of relationships.
I totally agree with you! It’s sad because I think she tries to portray herself in such a false light but sadly she’s begun to believe the bs. All these horrendous videos of her sitting inside ALL day EVERY day and all the painting and re-painting makes me want to rip my hair out. If she were to be honest and open about her “issues” not only is it a great message to her young viewers but people could actually relate to her and make her, dare I say it, more popular like she used to be years ago!

Reactions: 3
I just wanted to point out that it's really not a 'US thing' to get pet leave. East coast here and never heard of it. This country struggles with offering universal health care or anywhere near decent maternity and paternity leave, so expecting pet leave from your employer is pretty funny in the US, or anywhere for that matter. Lucky you and your friends working in sectors that offer such incentives.

Reactions: 10
There’s been a few different stories she told us how she lost her virginity.... that alone proves it that she still is one. There was the sneaking from the fair one, the paranormal activity one, anything else?
Oh yeah, that’s right! I forgot about the paranormal activity one. People shouldn’t lie full stop, but don’t lie if you can’t keep your stories straight🤦🏻‍♀️

also, maybe that’s why she’s put off by dating. She might feel ashamed, but there is no need to be!

Reactions: 3
The fair story isn't the only story she's made up, she also said she lost her virginity while watching paranormal activity (?!) and also there was another story I don't remember. :ROFLMAO: This is a girl that readily admits she was bullied in school and had no friends beyond this one girl, so I find it incredibly unlikely she had boys asking her out.

Just want to clarify I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone being a virgin! Guess what, I was also bullied very badly in school, and I didn't have my first relationship until my 20s. It's more her weird lying. If she just came clean and said guess what I've not had many relationships, I'm waiting for that special someone, or hell she wanted to wait until marriage, I'd have much more respect for her!

Why make baby names videos when you're single and not pregnant!?

Reactions: 11
Here in the US you can and do get leave when you rescue/adopt a new pet. Maybe in the U.K. or other places they do not and that’s a shame. And I do have two human children and they are my world but so are my fur babies, they are our family too. I guess if you don’t love/adore your pets as many/most do you wouldn’t understand

A bit off topic but how are people in the US entitled to leave when they have a pet but not entitled to maternity leave when they have a kid?!🤣

Reactions: 10
A bit off topic but how are people in the US entitled to leave when they have a pet but not entitled to maternity leave when they have a kid?!🤣
Because it’s an employer by employer basis, the UK is very lucky with statutory rights to maternity etc

Reactions: 4
I have never heard of someone not getting maternity leave. I got 12 weeks maternity leave and my husband got 8 and both our places of work have daycare. I know another commentator spoke of issues with maternity leave but I personally do not know anyone that did not receive it at all. Unfortunately here in the US it’s all based on education/wages. i.e. higher paid jobs you definitely get more in regards to leaves, insurance etc and lower paid jobs (with less education/qualifications) people struggle to get even basic insurance from their employer.

Off topic again. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️
I said the US struggles to offer decent maternity and paternity leave and that is quite true. The law is 12 weeks unpaid leave in companies that have over 50 employees. No employer is obliged to pay you for that leave, and if you work for a small company you are more than often screwed when it comes to any leave at all. That's far from people getting leave for a new frigging dog, and quite frankly inhumane for any new mother...educated or not. The WHO recommends 16 weeks for women but it's no surprise that this country wants to actually care about that. People, don't believe the whole of the US gives leave for a new pet. It's rare. Very rare. 🥴

Reactions: 4
Off topic again. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️
I said the US struggles to offer decent maternity and paternity leave and that is quite true. The law is 12 weeks unpaid leave in companies that have over 50 employees. No employer is obliged to pay you for that leave, and if you work for a small company you are more than often screwed when it comes to any leave at all. That's far from people getting leave for a new frigging dog, and quite frankly inhumane for any new mother...educated or not. The WHO recommends 16 weeks for women but it's no surprise that this country wants to actually care about that. People, don't believe the whole of the US gives leave for a new pet. It's rare. Very rare. 🥴
LOL calm down. My whole point started bc someone said there is a difference btwn having a bay and your pets and society agrees because they offer you maternity leave when you birth a child and not for pets. My point was we are offered it (I never said all the US) and you’ve harped on it since. Ok you don’t get it where you live and that sucks but again the point was the commentator was trying to use that in her argument about importance of pets vs children.

Reactions: 1
I am calm. I just reacted to "Here in the US...", whereas "the company I work for on the west coast" would have made me ignore you. ;):LOL:

Reactions: 6
My point was we are offered it (I never said all the US) and you’ve harped on it since.
Well, to be fair, you did say:
Here in the US you can and do get leave when you rescue/adopt a new pet. Maybe in the U.K. or other places they do not and that’s a shame.
So I'm sure you get why people were confused.

Anyway, where I live women get 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, men only 2.
No pawternity (love this word) though unfortunately. I've never heard of it before either, so you're really lucky :)

Instead of Aqua, she could call it H2O, same, but even more uNiQUe 😅

Reactions: 1
I am calm. I just reacted to "Here in the US...", whereas "the company I work for on the west coast" would have made me ignore you. ;):LOL:
I did word it horribly, sorry!
Well, to be fair, you did say:

So I'm sure you get why people were confused.

Anyway, where I live women get 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, men only 2.
No pawternity (love this word) though unfortunately. I've never heard of it before either, so you're really lucky :)

Instead of Aqua, she could call it H2O, same, but even more uNiQUe 😅
I worded it badly, I do realize now! Sorry :) That’s great that women get a full 12 paid and such a shame men only two! Ughh so much change needs to happen! I am lucky for sure, it’s a great help when you bring a new rescue home!

I pray for any man that has to put up with her. She seems really really REALLY high maintenance. And now that you mention it, she has talked about ‘losing her virginity’ a lot. She said it was when she was 15, which is a little hard to believe. No one went near me when I was 15. It was just all of the ‘popular’ people that were having sex, and she wasn’t one of those people. Shes said multiple times that she was bullied in school (which obviously that is wrong and something I would never wish upon anyone!) but if she was bullied so relentlessly, the chances of someone going near her in that way are very slim. I think we all know how secondary school works, Popular people get the attention, then there are the ones that are bullied and/or not paid any attention. This is not the way that I think btw, and I don’t agree with it, but it’s just the way things are in secondary school!
So true and did she go to an all girls school ? I remember when I was 14 and got a boyfriend all of a sudden I was popular right til the end of school.

Gobby was so one of those girls that lied about being snogged when people would ask instead of just telling the truth

I have never heard of someone not getting maternity leave. I got 12 weeks maternity leave and my husband got 8 and both our places of work have daycare. I know another commentator spoke of issues with maternity leave but I personally do not know anyone that did not receive it at all. Unfortunately here in the US it’s all based on education/wages. i.e. higher paid jobs you definitely get more in regards to leaves, insurance etc and lower paid jobs (with less education/qualifications) people struggle to get even basic insurance from their employer.
Jesus Christ that's insane!!! In Ireland it's 26 weeks paid leave and you can get up to 42 weeks off if needed!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Sorry to go off topic as well but the US is an anomaly like that. I mean look who is in the White House...

I’m going to have to agree with @Sabbie and say pet leave is uncommon. I’ve lived on the west coast and I worked for a firm that had very lenient leaves but never for pets. Also, maternity/paternity leave is not a guarantee even in high paying sectors. After grad school, I worked for a Fortune 500 company and I only heard nightmare stories out of HR where even 8+ weeks of paid maternity leave was a feat in itself for the senior female employees and paternity leave was given but not paid. Being a parent in the US is way too expensive and more difficult then it should ever be.

As for Gobbs doing her 999th baby name video. Who does baby name videos when she has never had a boyfriend and won’t be getting one anytime soon if she keeps this up.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.