Gabby Petito

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was telling my boyfriend about it and he reckons it sounds like a publicity stunt 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hmmm. This is an interesting take but unless her parents are in on it too, I suspect not. It would take a lot for someone to hide / fake a situation like this when they know what anguish it would cause their family.

I think the boyfriend has harmed her in some way.

Reactions: 13
Hmmm. This is an interesting take but unless her parents are in on it too, I suspect not. It would take a lot for someone to hide / fake a situation like this when they know what anguish it would cause their family.

I think the boyfriend has harmed her in some way.
I agree. If it was, I don’t think her parents would be involved.

Once upon a time I’d have said it’s a ridiculous suggestion but then look at Shannon Matthews.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched the 45 min footage of when they were stopped by police. Very weird to think she was (most likely 🤷‍♀️) dead a shot time after. She looks really vulnerable to me in that footage, fragile and emotional, lost. I wanted to put my arms round her. He was making it look like she was crazy, but to me the more likely scenario was that he’d been emotionally abusing and gaslighting her for weeks and she was starting to break down

I think maybe the son had his own parents convinced of his innocence when he came back to their house. Hence they hired the lawyer, believing they were protecting him as he would be prime suspect. But then after all the coverage in the last 10 days I think he’s realised he ain’t getting away with it and that there was only so long that his parents would keep believing him, so has said he was going to take a walk or something then gone off to kill himself or just run.

I ain’t no inspector clueso though so probably wrong 😜 I’m gripped though; I know it’s a bit macabre but the whole case fascinates me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Since I heard about this case I've been following it, it's so heartbreaking for her family. He definitely has done something otherwise he'd not have made it home to flordia, managed to get a lawyer and get his family on board not to speak to police/fbi.

Theyre now searching this area for him. But I seen on tiktok people from his street caught footage of someone who looks exactly like Brian leaving via a back entrance (I think it was when the fbi showed up or something - I'm not sure exactly).

Also they've managed to gain access to their tracking from their phone so hopefully they will gain something from that!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Body has been found apparently (him, not her 🙁). How awful if he's killed himself and they can't find her.

I think maybe his parents are also victims in that they believed he was completely innocent for the first few days but then when they started reading and watching more in the media they started to doubt him. It must he hard to look your own kid in the eye and admit you don't believe them, that you think they're capable of murder? I can see how you'd want to believe your son, if he's adamant he is innocent but that the police will stitch them up.

I think he's realised that if he can't fool his own naive parents he ain't got a hope of fooling detectives so makes up some bullshit about going for a drive to get some space/air and tops himself.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I didn't think they had confirmed it was him yet🧐
But it's definitely possible.
It's the route no one wanted.
Murder or not, the suspect killing himself means less chance for Gabby.
What an utterly exhausting and sad case.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Not true re: body being found. Confirmed by police it is a false report. Looks like its people on reddit misunderstanding whilst listening to police scanners 🙄

Reactions: 18
Her Instagram is really strange, too. There’s photos without location tags (even though she always used them) and some of them look like they’ve been posted in a non-chronological order (e.g. she has roots showing in one and then no roots in the next). Some of them also look like they’ve been edited (that could just be for typos, though).

She’s got some Strava-esque app, too, and her location is set as Puerto Rico, even though she posted routes pretty recently. I wonder if he has her phone.

Also, I definitely do not believe that the “No service in Yosemite” was from her, considering Laundrie was back in Florida the next(?) day.

Reactions: 9
People were posting comments on his Instagram and a few people said he's deleted their original comments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Strange that the media refer to him as 'gone missing'. Gabby has gone missing. He's gone on the run.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Strange that the media refer to him as 'gone missing'. Gabby has gone missing. He's gone on the run.
Her parents put out a statement saying that she is missing, he is hiding. They must be so angry.

Police are now trying to corroborate the story from BL parents that he left on Tuesday for a hike at a nearby reserve, but if they're not being truthful (and I think by now most people suspect they are not being truthful) he could be anywhere.

Reactions: 11
Gabby lives with Laundrie’s parents, doesn’t she? How can his parents be hiding him to this extent? No one wants to think their son is a killer, but this is next level delusion.

Reactions: 7
Heard about this yesterday, but I’ve got a feeling it’s going to take up most of my Sunday. Think it’s disgusting how the boyfriend is just out there and police haven’t jumped all over him yet.

Reactions: 3
I thought that in their YouTube video, she came across as confident yet very sad (in several parts she looked to have been crying).

In the police cam body footage, I thought she came across as a very sweet, yet naïve young lady who made a lot of excuses for him.

I don't like him from what I've seen of the way he talks to her and the way he carries himself ... he comes across as extremely arrogant.

When I first heard about the case, I was leaning towards publicity stunt, but after seeing her mother's plea to find her, and then her stepfather going out to the desert to look for her, changed my mind on that. I think the boyfriend pushed her, and she fell; but rather than help her, he drove off - thinking, "That'll teach her" - he just gives me those vibes.

Reactions: 2