Freddy My Love #4 Cheap mess of pink decor, it's like Versailles ducked a dollar store

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ironic thing is you could make your home a lot more pretty and tasteful using Ikea furniture. She is the walking embodiment of "money doesn't buy class."
What in the Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Snow White hell?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When they use the phrase “it looks so expensive” it’s not. The IKEA vases that apparently looked like “large expensive glasses” were horrible. Better off going with simple glassware and not hyping things up. Nothing wrong with IKEA, it can be amazing but it needs to be done right which not everyone can do.

Reactions: 7
The more I look at the lounge the more I think it KIND OF works okay... Like, I can see the idea behind it, despite there being just too much "stuff" and patterns to my taste and her trying to fill every single free spot with more furniture makes me sort of anxious. The palm tree upholstery though is just confusing 😅 But in a way I think it's sweet that she's bringing a bit of her family home into this with the, er, questionable details.

The bedroom, however, I don't get at all. It actually looks like the 80s to me, in a bad way unfortunately. It's totally filled with clutter, there's too much of everything! I'm so confused, you'd think clutter wouldn't be her aesthetic at all. And I liked the curtains her mum made, but not the new addition to the top - it's very well made and bless her mum for making it! It just adds to the 80s-ness to me. The room just isn't big enough for all those furniture pieces and heavy side tables on both sides of the bed, even if they "fit" - they don't really. The eye needs free space around things, this ain't it.

P.S. I also thought Elizabeth referred to Elizabeth Swann! But I suppose it could've been the Queen as the swan is wearing a crown...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In theory the individual items are nice but I think she went overboard and now her whole apartment just looks cluttered. I am not exactly sure what theme she chose. Paris inspired? Safari themed? Art deco? Swan princess? She seems to have been undecided on what theme to choose and decided on a mishmash of everything she likes.

I am glad it's her dream apartment but it honestly feels like a dream apartment for a teenager and not an adult. I kept getting the distinct feeling that in a couple of years she'll move out and this apartment is just a way for her to earn views and to keep her channel alive. I cannot imagine JJ living in this teenage princess paradise - let's be honest there isn't even a space for him and his items considering she has filled in three bedrooms with her junk....

Reactions: 19
I genuinely think the only decent room is the kitchen. Her bedroom I think looks awful, the colours don’t really work and it literally looks like a child’s room. Although her room back at home was very pink and white (not even dissing as mine is as well) it looked a lot more grown up than this current one.

The lounge has too many ideas going on and the safari theme just throws it all off, the dark green seems harsh against all the pink and white. The sofa is pretty to look at (without the cushions) but it doesn’t look one bit comfortable, I couldn’t imagine coming home exhausted and lounging around on it!

I’m surprised at all these ideas she has and her saying it’s her dream home, back when she first announced the flat I wouldn’t of expected her to choose half the things she has. As a previous poster said, on their own the items are lovely but together it’s all too cluttered making it look tacky.

She does however seem thrilled which is the main thing!

Reactions: 17
I think it's the moulding everywhere that I dislike the most. She's trying to make it look grand and give it 'age' and 'character' but it's very hard to do that well and 'fake it'. The rooms are just too small for all the details she is adding to begin with. The living room panels are too small and too many, it's not fooling me into thinking it's a grand stately home. It just looks busy, cluttered and clashy.

Reactions: 19
The more I look at the lounge the more I think it KIND OF works okay... Like, I can see the idea behind it, despite there being just too much "stuff" and patterns to my taste and her trying to fill every single free spot with more furniture makes me sort of anxious. The palm tree upholstery though is just confusing 😅 But in a way I think it's sweet that she's bringing a bit of her family home into this with the, er, questionable details.

The bedroom, however, I don't get at all. It actually looks like the 80s to me, in a bad way unfortunately. It's totally filled with clutter, there's too much of everything! I'm so confused, you'd think clutter wouldn't be her aesthetic at all. And I liked the curtains her mum made, but not the new addition to the top - it's very well made and bless her mum for making it! It just adds to the 80s-ness to me. The room just isn't big enough for all those furniture pieces and heavy side tables on both sides of the bed, even if they "fit" - they don't really. The eye needs free space around things, this ain't it.

P.S. I also thought Elizabeth referred to Elizabeth Swann! But I suppose it could've been the Queen as the swan is wearing a crown...
The bedroom looks cluttered to me because of the weird detailing on the wall, I don’t know what it’s called but the vintage looking panelling. It’s like it’s fighting for attention with the big headboard, curtains and all the colours. I think the flump pink and green makes it really juvenile as well, she could have had a nice mauve pink like her bedroom at home and it would have been more relaxing on the eyes too.

Reactions: 14
The bedroom looks cluttered to me because of the weird detailing on the wall, I don’t know what it’s called but the vintage looking panelling. It’s like it’s fighting for attention with the big headboard, curtains and all the colours. I think the flump pink and green makes it really juvenile as well, she could have had a nice mauve pink like her bedroom at home and it would have been more relaxing on the eyes too.
Yes I agree - she really would have done better to get a professional interior designer involved. They can take all of these ideas and pair them down into something that works. Wouldn't she just be the nightmare client though 😅 "No! Don't use silver screws to assemble that, I'll order some rose gold ones, silver is hideous!"

• Haha
I know it’s nasty to say, but it has to be one of the worst renovations I have ever seen. The panelling is just overkill, she has packed too much stuff into the bedroom and whilst it was very sweet of her Mum to make the curtains they look very dated to me. The moulding in the bedroom is just too much especially with that furniture. The bedside tables looked so squished in and there is definitely not enough room for the dresser and big chair. The lounge room had such potential, I do love the fireplace and flooring but the painted gold around it, the huge pot-plants, tropical prints, pink couch. Wow it’s just all too much! And she wants to add more in there 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ less is more girl!! Normally I wouldn’t be so harsh but the way she turns her nose up at things and is such a snob I don’t feel too guilty saying all this 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I know it’s nasty to say, but it has to be one of the worst renovations I have ever seen. The panelling is just overkill, she has packed too much stuff into the bedroom and whilst it was very sweet of her Mum to make the curtains they look very dated to me. The moulding in the bedroom is just too much especially with that furniture. The bedside tables looked so squished in and there is definitely not enough room for the dresser and big chair. The lounge room had such potential, I do love the fireplace and flooring but the painted gold around it, the huge pot-plants, tropical prints, pink couch. Wow it’s just all too much! And she wants to add more in there 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ less is more girl!! Normally I wouldn’t be so harsh but the way she turns her nose up at things and is such a snob I don’t feel too guilty saying all this 😅
I low key feel bad for her ! 😬 Lol The whole thing makes me depressed for some reason!

There's just something unsettling about it idk maybe because it's not really her ? Her lifestyle is so unreal and out of touch with reality imo ! 🤨 It's like she's acting a character for a theater with all her possessions being props, it's Disney, gossip girl, and who knows who else she's trying to emulate !

In theory the individual items are nice but I think she went overboard and now her whole apartment just looks cluttered. I am not exactly sure what theme she chose. Paris inspired? Safari themed? Art deco? Swan princess? She seems to have been undecided on what theme to choose and decided on a mishmash of everything she likes.

I am glad it's her dream apartment but it honestly feels like a dream apartment for a teenager and not an adult. I kept getting the distinct feeling that in a couple of years she'll move out and this apartment is just a way for her to earn views and to keep her channel alive. I cannot imagine JJ living in this teenage princess paradise - let's be honest there isn't even a space for him and his items considering she has filled in three bedrooms with her junk....
JJ is very feminine he also has this Disney bubble vibe maybe he likes it

Reactions: 7
Just watch an old video of hers…
She says being blonde is my personality and my identity
Freddy got her sister in her video and her little sister said she was her style icon twice while Freddy flips her hair 😂
Now that we seen how Freddy re record her videos… any bets she paid her sister to say that (again and again until Freddy gets her PARFECT hair flip)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
If I were a man (is JJ one?) I would never be able to get an erection surrounded by the swan heads. It would be scary af to see one in the dark when you get up for a slash too :ROFLMAO:

kept getting the distinct feeling that in a couple of years she'll move out and this apartment is just a way for her to earn views and to keep her channel alive.
There's no way any buyer, even the maddest one, would buy that in the current condition. she would need to rip it out down to the floorboards otherwise it's just an expensive millstone.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched ep 10 of the flat makeover. I love interior design and I really don’t mind her flat. She has made a bunch of questionable choices, but it’s her flat after all. My main complaint and question is literally - why the pink paint with that floor? Or is it a filter? It’s way too cold and moody-looking. I’m a lover of pink myself, but I feel like you just need neutral colors in your home. A beige or cream on all walls. Maybe even a warm pink or peach color. And imagine beautiful dark wood floors. Those are girly and especially elegant. Everything in pink/white pastel looks soooo cold, washed out and weird to me.

I’m curious how much she has paid for everything. Most of the labor and decorating she did herself or let her mom and dad do. Why not hire more professionals? It’s so weird that she obviously makes thousands (+ lots of free stuffevery month, but is too stingy to get professional help. Same goes to always making hauls of trashy brands when she has the budget to invest her money in sustainable fashion. Fast fashion doesn’t last and she should have learned that already. She also isn’t a mainstream Youtuber, now even less than back in the day. She rarely gets views and interaction from anyone outside her subscribers. She shouldn’t even buy those 20£ 100% polyester skirts, dresses, etc anymore. They feel bad, irritate sensitive skin (like eczema), look cheap and are bad for the environment. Obviously no offense to those who can’t afford high quality goods. I just really wish she would stop choosing easy money over promoting actual clean(er) fashion. High quality clothes will be more expensive than cheap alternatives, but you don’t need that many of them (hi consumerism). The goal should be to build a timeless wardrobe. That’s elegant.

Reactions: 13
I'm one of the few who actually like her bathroom, I think it has an 80s luxury hotel vibe, and I get the 80s vibe with her bedroom too, it's almost like disney princess vaporwave lol, it could have been kind of cool but she didn't pull it off with how jumbled it all is. If anyone watches themilkclub, she's into the OTT princess vibe too but manages to pull it off in a way that is sleek and subtle, her room is what I expected from Freddy, not a total rehash of her family home.

I wonder what issues she has with growing up and adherence to routines, it's odd that she needs to cling onto her childhood and girly aesthetics as she does. But maybe that's just me. It is sweet that her family ties are so strong. It would have been interesting to have seen her step out of her disney bubble and do something more chic and mature. I mean she even used the exact same sad 2012 tumblr prints from Disenio. I was almost embarassed for her.

The whole thing just feels drab and depressing. I wonder if she is truly happy with it or if she's saving face because her family worked so hard to help her out, she must see it is no where near as polished as the homes of influencers in her circle

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I feel a feature wall with a strong colour would have worked better with a neutral than pink overload.

Reactions: 5
Didn't Coco Chanel said that you should take of one accessory before going out? I wish Freddy would do that to her appartment. The doors in the closet have edges so that they look even smaller. Then a giant mirror with a very thick frame. JJ's poster in a spot that barely fits and makes it look even more cramped. If the mirror would be sleek with a simple golden frame it would actually make the room look bigger. If JJ's poster went into the hall where she has this huge white Fashion Paris thing, it could breathe. The lack of negative, empty space is mindblowing. Your eyes don't have a focal point and that makes it all very busy.

The lounge is cramped as it is already and she is talking about wanting a lamp for the dining table. I just want to sit her down and make her watch a minimalist documentary. She is not a minimalist and she does not have to be but she is also no interior designer. If turtlenecks were a house, this would be it.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.