Four In A Bed - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imho when I look at Dee and Gary I’d think there was probably a 10 year age gap, not a 26 year age gap!
I think her hair and fake eyelashes possibly make her appear older than she is. I’d say Gary was early 50s which would make Dee late 20s and I just can’t see it. Perhaps Gary is older than he looks. I can’t quite work out the 26 year gap.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
There’s always one place that seems more favourable, I’m not sure how to explain but like the visits are more set up. I’ve thought it a few times when I’ve been watching. Ultimately the scores, payments & winner is already decided before we see it so the audience isn’t a voting factor. There are lots of insightful comments about production on the FB page, not all disgruntled because they may have revealed something about their own place. Obviously footage can be manipulated in their editing & we only see the final product they want us to see.
I agree some seem more set up to a certain degree, there are plenty of former contestants who post so obviously we can observe from what they have to say. From all this I’ve gleaned that production are keen to make suggestions, the reason they do this is because they know if their suggestions are taken up then this may result in some drama, more drama more viewers: but it’s up to the contestants to act on the suggestions, for sure some won’t and it may the ones that do agree lead to the impression that some visits are as you say more set up. Guess it depends how much homework the contestants do before the show, I’ve seen contestants who been trashed to kingdom come online described by others in their group as nice people but a “producers dream” as they’ve little knowledge of the show and done exactly as they’ve been told.
That said I don’t think they are promoting one venue above the others, just trying to make their show more “dramatic”😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else look up the b and b on trip advisor and read the reveiws?
The skegg Hotel was a bit much surely they are reducing their potential guests by theming the whole hotel not everyone wants to stay in a room that can induce migraines. Why not theme half of the rooms and keep half more simple skeg attracts a lot of the older generations can't see them booking up for the Alice rooms.
Would like to see the Shuckburgh arms win ut I'm bias this week as I'm local to them. Think the self catering couple will under pay as didn't they say they wouldn't stay in most of them again.

Reactions: 6
The skegg Hotel was a bit much surely they are reducing their potential guests by theming the whole hotel not everyone wants to stay in a room that can induce migraines. Why not theme half of the rooms and keep half more simple skeg attracts a lot of the older generations can't see them booking up for the Alice rooms.
Would like to see the Shuckburgh arms win ut I'm bias this week as I'm local to them. Think the self catering couple will under pay as didn't they say they wouldn't stay in most of them again.
Think they said yes to the second venue🤔
Saying you won’t return doesn’t always mean you’ll underpay, the test will come when we see how much is in the envelope, that said I’m not holding my breath 😉
The woman from the self catering place was having her say on Facebook after her episode, seemed aggrieved they hadn’t taken self-catering into effect, also said the breakfast place was ‘a stroll away’ when another poster popped up to say it was 700 yards away, the joys of online threads😉

Reactions: 1
Can you share the Facebook please? Sounds like something I’d like to read
---

---
I’ll try .. sometimes with Facebook ad-blocker problems prevent you from copying, trying now.
---
OK result, it won’t let me copy her identification tag so you’ll have to take my word for it that these are her words not mine .. 😳
Fair do’s to her though for not wishing to present something on TV which they didn’t provide normally,

“ .. unfortunately this process hits the Self catering business owners a bit hard. We don’t provide breakfast as we’re self catering. We do however provide a fully functional kitchen for people to bring their own supplies (which is what our guests do) we were given the option to provide a breakfast hamper but this had to be something we would have to have sustained carrying on from the show and with 7 units here’s its just not financially viable sadly.
We didn’t want to be seen to provide something on TV that would later have to be dropped leaving our guests disappointed.
In addition to this we have at least 2 lovely cafes in the area which are a short walking distance and provide a range of breakfast choices which would be my choice all day long (no cooking haha) our score for breakfast didn’t have any relevance in the overall feedback but it was still nice to know they enjoyed it as we recommended for them to go there😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Absolutely love to check them out on TripAdvisor and I like to try and see if they are still the same owners.
---
Imho when I look at Dee and Gary I’d think there was probably a 10 year age gap, not a 26 year age gap!
I think her hair and fake eyelashes possibly make her appear older than she is. I’d say Gary was early 50s which would make Dee late 20s and I just can’t see it. Perhaps Gary is older than he looks. I can’t quite work out the 26 year gap.
Her look is definitely ageing her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I found this week's episodes a bit meh. Agree with all the comments about Hatters, making all rooms themed is a big risk. The rest are all easily forgetable nothing stood out or made me want to look them up on trip advisor.

For some reason autoplay on all4 app has taken me back to 2011 episodes with Charlotte Church's mum, I miss these real honest episodes where they aren't playing up to cameras so much and naturally bitchy with the feedback.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry but the self catering was not the best value for money even if the owners think it was.
Other establishments were cheaper and had a breakfast included.

It’s been a while since I stayed in self catering, but I can’t recall ever having to strip the beds. I think I’d take my rubbish to the outside bins out of courtesy though.
A welcome pack could have just comprised of a few tea bags, sachets of sugar and some milk - just so you could have a cuppa upon arrival. I don’t think you’d expect toiletries in self catering though.
The couple were not open to any suggestions at all. They said no one has ever complained about stripping the beds. Not to their faces perhaps but I bet it is discussed by the holiday makers. I also think their underpayment to The Hatters was payback for them saying they’d not stay at theirs.

I couldn’t have stayed in The Wonky Room - it made me feel a bit nauseous just seeing it on television!

The correct winners this week. They were the best value for money but they were cheap because there is nothing in the village to warrant a high price.

Reactions: 7
For some reason autoplay on all4 app has taken me back to 2011 episodes with Charlotte Church's mum, I miss these real honest episodes where they aren't playing up to cameras so much and naturally bitchy with the feedback.
I was watching that week today. The episode with Ziggy and Lynn in 'Eden Lodge'.
They had previously been on 'The Hotel Inspector' where Lynn came across as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
She was a prize witch though on 'Four in a bed'.

Reactions: 4
I was watching that week today. The episode with Ziggy and Lynn in 'Eden Lodge'.
They had previously been on 'The Hotel Inspector' where Lynn came across as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
She was a prize witch though on 'Four in a bed'.
I knew I'd seen her before! I kept trying to place her and wondered if it was come dine with me couples 😂 Totally forgot about Hotel Inspector. So many on Four in Bed had been on there.

The right b and b won this week, the self catering couple came across as quite bitter in the end there didn't they saying they thought they were best value for money um no actually when there were cheaper rooms with breakfast included. Yes they had the views that they can charge extra for but still thought for what you got and they were quite small rooms they were quite expensive.

I’m finding this whole series a bit boring. I think if a place is themed it really has to be all or nothing spectacular and The Hatters just looked a bit cheap. Stu and Lou (wtf are those names 🤣) were annoying and I’d never stay anywhere where I’d need to strip the bed. The views were nice but it’s essentially just a caravan park in Norfolk. The couple who won seemed lovely.

Reactions: 7
I’ll try .. sometimes with Facebook ad-blocker problems prevent you from copying, trying now.
---
OK result, it won’t let me copy her identification tag so you’ll have to take my word for it that these are her words not mine .. 😳
Fair do’s to her though for not wishing to present something on TV which they didn’t provide normally,

“ .. unfortunately this process hits the Self catering business owners a bit hard. We don’t provide breakfast as we’re self catering. We do however provide a fully functional kitchen for people to bring their own supplies (which is what our guests do) we were given the option to provide a breakfast hamper but this had to be something we would have to have sustained carrying on from the show and with 7 units here’s its just not financially viable sadly.
We didn’t want to be seen to provide something on TV that would later have to be dropped leaving our guests disappointed.
In addition to this we have at least 2 lovely cafes in the area which are a short walking distance and provide a range of breakfast choices which would be my choice all day long (no cooking haha) our score for breakfast didn’t have any relevance in the overall feedback but it was still nice to know they enjoyed it as we recommended for them to go there😊
What is the name of the FB group please? I’ve just had a quick look but there’s lots - I want to be in the right one, where all the owners post the inside gossip! 🤣

What is the name of the FB group please? I’ve just had a quick look but there’s lots - I want to be in the right one, where all the owners post the inside gossip! 🤣
This week they seem to be posting on two FIAB Groups .. The Four in a Bed Fan Group and Four in a Bed 2023.
They are members only but it’s easy to apply to join and you normally get accepted on the same day.
Just letting you know lots of crap gets posted there too 😳

Am pleased for the couple who won, that was defo value for money, I'd stay there!
The self catering place, tbf, I don't blame them not putting in toiletries or a small hamper, whenever we've stayed at a self catering place, I bring everything with me, I can understand their price, location and views!

Repeat on More4 this week.
Just B still owned by Karen and Geoff.
---
Glencoe Villa Guest House in Featherstone still under same ownership also.
---
As of 2022 reviews on TA show Stefan as still at The Fox.

Last edited:
I really didn’t like the way Hatters was styled, I think you could do an Alice in Wonderland theme without the zany checked wallpaper & horrible pink wardrobe. A nice group of hosts this week though.

Reactions: 4
Watching episodes week ending 21/10/22.

Pav is such a dick. Instant coffee in a cafetiere. Jeeze.

Last edited:
  • Haha