Four In A Bed - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their place no way warranted £260 a night, not at all luxurious and a basic breakfast! Don't these folks think before they appear on this show, and they both came across as very standoffish, thinking their place was something else, nope I'd rather stay in a travel lodge!!!

Reactions: 3
If you look on Trip Advisor there are numerous bad reviews that were written before the show even aired. Their replies to these negative reviews speaks volumes imho. Very passive aggressive.
Yes. It’s Angela who replies and she has pass-agg down to a fine art.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I always felt that if the narrator of come dine with me, Dave Lamb narrated four in a bed instead of the usual guy, it would be much more entertaining.

Reactions: 6
Apparently Tom has left their place a 5 star review on Google and posted this

We have received some poor reviews from people who haven’t actually stayed here, at the Penrallt Country House Hotel, but watched the carefully edited light entertainment TV programme, Four in a Bed. Neither Angela or I claim to “know better than everyone”, we are always learning; however we do believe that we provide a service and setting that is of high quality and good value - please bear in mind the price quoted in the show is our mid summer weekend rate.

We wish the other contestants the greatest success in their business’. The only reason we said we wouldn’t stay again was because we don’t personally tend to stay in guest houses or self catering, which is a personal choice.

Reviews from paying guests, not being filmed, are almost always positive; and that is down to our incredible team who go above and beyond, and to Angela who works tirelessly to ensure that guests and staff are well looked after. It may please you to know I’m very rarely here, as I work away.

So rather than judging our beautiful hotel, and the people who work here, from a light entertainment TV programme with an agenda, please come and visit us and judge from your own experience. If something isn’t to your liking then please tell us, as we encourage all of our guests, and we will do whatever we can to change it and make your stay a memorable one, for all the right reasons. The 5 stars are for Angela, our team and the beautiful hotel we call home.

While I absolutely agree that it's underhand and spurious to post reviews of anything based purely on an edited TV programme, Tom still comes across as deluded about their value, patronising and unwilling to learn anything. They both had expressions that'd turn the milk too.

I won't forget the 'not our kind of people' remark. Or the cheap looking continental and the meagre cooked breakfast options they had.

It's crazy how people represent themselves on this programme. Naive? reckless? utterly stupid? or maybe a combination of all three. Without question the game can be played, but the game players never really win.
Tom and Angela were and will always be a pair of snobby game players. Yes, we all know that the programme is heavily edited but many of the contestants come across really well.

Reactions: 4
I always felt that if the narrator of come dine with me, Dave Lamb narrated four in a bed instead of the usual guy, it would be much more entertaining.
God no! I used to like Dave Lamb, but in the last few series he's gone way over the top and very shouty, don't find him funny at all now, I like the one who narrates on four in a bed!

• Heart
Rather than all the subsequent passive-aggressiveness and whining, they should just go for it on the show, as they did in the old days 🥊 It’s as dull as my income and expenditure right now

Returning to browse passively the Real Housewives thread
Me too. So boring.

Reactions: 2
Apparently Tom has left their place a 5 star review on Google and posted this

We have received some poor reviews from people who haven’t actually stayed here, at the Penrallt Country House Hotel, but watched the carefully edited light entertainment TV programme, Four in a Bed. Neither Angela or I claim to “know better than everyone”, we are always learning; however we do believe that we provide a service and setting that is of high quality and good value - please bear in mind the price quoted in the show is our mid summer weekend rate.

We wish the other contestants the greatest success in their business’. The only reason we said we wouldn’t stay again was because we don’t personally tend to stay in guest houses or self catering, which is a personal choice.

Reviews from paying guests, not being filmed, are almost always positive; and that is down to our incredible team who go above and beyond, and to Angela who works tirelessly to ensure that guests and staff are well looked after. It may please you to know I’m very rarely here, as I work away.

So rather than judging our beautiful hotel, and the people who work here, from a light entertainment TV programme with an agenda, please come and visit us and judge from your own experience. If something isn’t to your liking then please tell us, as we encourage all of our guests, and we will do whatever we can to change it and make your stay a memorable one, for all the right reasons. The 5 stars are for Angela, our team and the beautiful hotel we call home.

While I absolutely agree that it's underhand and spurious to post reviews of anything based purely on an edited TV programme, Tom still comes across as deluded about their value, patronising and unwilling to learn anything. They both had expressions that'd turn the milk too.

I won't forget the 'not our kind of people' remark. Or the cheap looking continental and the meagre cooked breakfast options they had.

It's crazy how people represent themselves on this programme. Naive? reckless? utterly stupid? or maybe a combination of all three. Without question the game can be played, but the game players never really win.
Tom’s learned nothing,nada, zilch from their experience on the show, I could hear the violins when I read his. Like all reality contestants who don’t get what they want he plays the bad editing card; no one told him to make the ‘not our kind of people’ remark.
---
the fact he tried to undermine the woman who cooked breakfast as it was pre-ordered didnt sit well with me
He really did, and spot the tone in his voice when he called her fabulous venue a ‘guest house’ .. she knows all about looking after guests Tom, you don’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Bit off topic, but I've just caught the tail end of B@B by the sea, with Deborah Meadon (from Dragons den) hmm, not sure maybe I should have watched from beginning!!

Bit off topic, but I've just caught the tail end of B@B by the sea, with Deborah Meadon (from Dragons den) hmm, not sure maybe I should have watched from beginning!!
Not heard of this. Which channel please?

Just watching the Lyn & Ziggy episode with Charlotte Church’s parents in it. I don’t know if this is harsh ( probably) but Maria looks and sounds like Ness from Gavin & Stacey 😬

• Haha
Just watching the Lyn & Ziggy episode with Charlotte Church’s parents in it. I don’t know if this is harsh ( probably) but Maria looks and sounds like Ness from Gavin & Stacey 😬
Lynn and Ziggy were mad as a box of frogs...they were great! 😆😆

• Haha