Found myself single and pregnant

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I’m 25 weeks over this weekend my partner and I split. He is letting me stay at his house until I find a new place… I’m feeling so depressed and scared. I had this picture in my head if how it was going to be our child growing up in that house with two parents. We’ve tried so hard but we’re extremely toxic together. I know that it’s better for our child but I love him so much and I can’t imagine being without him and having to start over myself in a new house. Even when I think about giving birth it breaks my heart without him. I just really would appreciate advice on how to get through this! I just also can’t imagine handing my child away to him to stay it just all feels wrong I grew up in a broken home and really didn’t want that for my child 💔 I feel like I’ve failed already

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi I’m 25 weeks over this weekend my partner and I split. He is letting me stay at his house until I find a new place… I’m feeling so depressed and scared. I had this picture in my head if how it was going to be our child growing up in that house with two parents. We’ve tried so hard but we’re extremely toxic together. I know that it’s better for our child but I love him so much and I can’t imagine being without him and having to start over myself in a new house. Even when I think about giving birth it breaks my heart without him. I just really would appreciate advice on how to get through this! I just also can’t imagine handing my child away to him to stay it just all feels wrong I grew up in a broken home and really didn’t want that for my child 💔 I feel like I’ve failed already
If there is still love between you and your partner then even separated you can co parent your child successfully. Start discussing it now so that when the baby arrives you both have some understanding of how you can parent together.

Reactions: 2
If there is still love between you and your partner then even separated you can co parent your child successfully. Start discussing it now so that when the baby arrives you both have some understanding of how you can parent together.
I guess I’m scared my child will be affected by having two separate parents

You probably heard it before but I truly believe separated parents is better than parents that stay together and fight/are toxic for each other. Talk about co parenting with the father to figure out how you both envision the future and know that there will be errors and that is okay. Your child doesn’t need you to be perfect 🙂

When I wasn’t sure about leaving my partner, I thought about it like that: if it was my child or my best friend in this situation, what would I advice them to do? From that perspective, I was kinder to myself and it helped me feel more secure about my decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He'd be far more affected by his two parents being together if it's a toxic environment.
Start discussions now surrounding coparenting so once he is here you can focus on him.
It won't be easy, but motherhood isn't, but you're doing the best thing for him. He will know absolutely no different and it's better than him growing up watching you unhappy and being surrounded by arguments.

Reactions: 2
We’ve had discussions and spoke civilly I know it’s for the best as we’re so toxic together and much better as friends I just don’t want my child to be effected by having two homes and grow up with issues because we weren’t together that’s my fear that him not being with his dad all the time will really affect him in later life also