Formula One Wags #95

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea go for it x
I know it's a bit off topic and a total rant but here we go.

I feel like I'm getting heavily persuaded by my parents to go teetotal. I am not a massive drinker so it's not like it's a problematic thing with me. I do get hit pretty bad with stomach issues with drinking so I usually need to cap my limits a lot lower than most. I'm always the least drunk person in the group. I've learned my lesson not to try and keep up with my friends. I need to drink about at half the speed and amount they do.

Anyway, I feel like any time I'm going out, an obstacle is put in my way to stop me drinking. I'm the only one with a car in the house. If I mention I'm going out, an excuse is always made to talk me out of drinking. Something that requires me to be up early and driving the following morning so I need to be sober.

It's strange because it never used to be like this. I've been driving for 3 years. My dad used to own a car but doesn't anymore. It's only across the past few months. I used to go out a lot, staying out but I'd always let them know that and that was all good. I don't drink anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger but it's more of a problem now. Yet now when I am going out it's always causes an issue. Never used to be any problems when I used to stumble back home at 8/9am. I don't understand it because I'm older now. I'm not a little kid.
They hate it when I don't go out (I find it awkward being the only one teetotal, I struggle with anxiety at the best of times) and when I go out it causes no end to the problems. I get sm phone calls asking me when I'm going to be home. Yet when I address this, I'm told that they have no problems and it's all made out to be in my head.

I will admit. It takes absolutely hours to get a taxi. Sometimes it's a three hours wait to get a taxi home and it costs a lot of money. Yet when I mentioned that I get made out like I'm sneaking around being evasive and lying. I feel its like I'm totally getting gaslit. Anytime I address this they tell me they have no issue with me going out and drinking. Yet the day after I'm out they are always in a mood with me.

I honestly like I get treated more of a child now than when I was younger. I don't understand.

Like I can see where it's coming from, since I wait for hours for expensive taxis and it really does duck my stomach up but I feel like I'm getting backed into a corner

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I feel like I'm getting heavily persuaded by my parents to go teetotal. I am not a massive drinker so it's not like it's a problematic thing with me. I do get hit pretty bad with stomach issues with drinking so I usually need to cap my limits a lot lower than most. I'm always the least drunk person in the group. I've learned my lesson not to try and keep up with my friends. I need to drink about at half the speed and amount they do.

Anyway, I feel like any time I'm going out, an obstacle is put in my way to stop me drinking. I'm the only one with a car in the house. If I mention I'm going out, an excuse is always made to talk me out of drinking. Something that requires me to be up early and driving the following morning so I need to be sober.

It's strange because it never used to be like this. I've been driving for 3 years. My dad used to own a car but doesn't anymore. It's only across the past few months. I used to go out a lot, staying out but I'd always let them know that and that was all good. I don't drink anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger but it's more of a problem now. Yet now when I am going out it's always causes an issue. Never used to be any problems when I used to stumble back home at 8/9am. I don't understand it because I'm older now. I'm not a little kid.
They hate it when I don't go out (I find it awkward being the only one teetotal, I struggle with anxiety at the best of times) and when I go out it causes no end to the problems. I get sm phone calls asking me when I'm going to be home. Yet when I address this, I'm told that they have no problems and it's all made out to be in my head.

I will admit. It takes absolutely hours to get a taxi. Sometimes it's a three hours wait to get a taxi home and it costs a lot of money. Yet when I mentioned that I get made out like I'm sneaking around being evasive and lying. I feel its like I'm totally getting gaslit. Anytime I address this they tell me they have no issue with me going out and drinking. Yet the day after I'm out they are always in a mood with me.

I honestly like I get treated more of a child now than when I was younger. I don't understand.

Like I can see where it's coming from, since I wait for hours for expensive taxis and it really does duck my stomach up but I feel like I'm getting backed into a corner
I've had a talk with my mum not too long ago, maybe that helps. She told me that parents are terrified to see their children growing up and doing adult things like driving, drinking etc. and don't want to let go and make up weird excuses to not have to do so. I understand your frustration, it feels like they're making you out to be a child when you're not, but for them it probably is easier to do that than to accept you're an adult and won't be needing them for much longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've had a talk with my mum not too long ago, maybe that helps. She told me that parents are terrified to see their children growing up and doing adult things like driving, drinking etc. and don't want to let go and make up weird excuses to not have to do so. I understand your frustration, it feels like they're making you out to be a child when you're not, but for them it probably is easier to do that than to accept you're an adult and won't be needing them for much longer.
It's strange because I'm gonna be 22 later on this year. I've had a car since I passed my test 3 years ago. I've been going out since I was 18. This has only been within the last year or so. It hasn't always been this way.

Whenever I bring it up, it's always made out like there is no problem. So I always look like I'm making out there's a problem which doesn't exist.

Reactions: 6
This!
I've never experienced it with alcohol, but the whole driving thing, and now buying a house, my dad is scared of me growing up, but he is still supportive, and I ask him for his honest opinions instead of us going arround in circles. He is calling me so much more now, than what he did when I went to uni four hours away. 😅

Reactions: 5
It's strange because I'm gonna be 22 later on this year. I've had a car since I passed my test 3 years ago. I've been going out since I was 18. This has only been within the last year or so. It hasn't always been this way.

Whenever I bring it up, it's always made out like there is no problem. So I always look like I'm making out there's a problem which doesn't exist.
It’s probably a more prominent thought in their heads the older you get. Because it then becomes more likely for your ties with your parents to become weaker and they don’t want to let that happen. I’m not a parent but that’s how it was with mine. They know it’s going to come soon enough and really don’t want that. But they probably also know they’ll have to accept it at some point.

So Ferrari wants to hand a report to the FIA about every teams budget because they know they won't be able to respect the budget cap 😂.

No idea what’s happening here but got my results and I done unexpectedly well managed to win 3/4 solo dances and won the championship in my age group and a memorial cup I’m absolutely shocked

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry for the spam But this is even better than Lando's "Hey Daniel I reckon you can pick me up. Hehe pick me up. Like this. Pick me upppp"

WoULd yOU LikE tO?

I CAN'T

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
A member of the gym I work in just walked past me in Clover Motors hoodie. This is not a drill. It does actually exist in the public. It is not a figure of our Quadrants imagination.

No idea what’s happening here but got my results and I done unexpectedly well managed to win 3/4 solo dances and won the championship in my age group and a memorial cup I’m absolutely shocked
You talented queen!!! So happy for you congratulations 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So Ferrari wants to hand a report to the FIA about every teams budget because they know they won't be able to respect the budget cap 😂.

I think the teams that want to raise the budget cap are getting a lot of unjustified tit. Life for us has gotten more expensive so it is to be expected for F1 teams who really need those raw materials (?) that have gotten so much more expensive to struggle with the cap. All the budget planning they’ve done over the winter is worthless because of how expensive things have become.

A member of the gym I work in just walked past me in Clover Motors hoodie. This is not a drill. It does actually exist in the public. It is not a figure of our Quadrants imagination.

You talented queen!!! So happy for you congratulations 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉❤❤❤❤❤
Is he young and handsome? Because if so, you know what to do

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Hmmm as someone who has literally drank like 4 times (not even an exaggeration) in their life I don’t really know what to advise. I completely understand where your parents may be coming from in terms of finances and safety, but ultimately I think it is a conversation that you need to openly have with them❤

Reactions: 2
You go girl!🎉🎉🎉❤

Congratsssss ❤ This is amazing!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Go off aac ❤❤❤

Hmmm as someone who has literally drank like 4 times (not even an exaggeration) in their life I don’t really know what to advise. I completely understand where your parents may be coming from in terms of finances and safety, but ultimately I think it is a conversation that you need to openly have with them❤
I've tried but it always just ends up in an argument.

Omggg congratulations! You go girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.