Formula 1 Wags #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a quick question about F1 fantasy teams.......can I change MY name somewhere?
Technically you can go into the general account settings and change it but it doesn’t work for me 😂 you just have to go to the regular formula one website and click on the name in the upper right corner

Reactions: 1
Technically you can go into the general account settings and change it but it doesn’t work for me 😂 you just have to go to the regular formula one website and click on the name in the upper right corner
I've updated it in the main one but still showing as Jane 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I've updated it in the main one but still showing as Jane 🤷🏻‍♀️
This page is so glitchy, I really don’t know why it’s so odd with name changes, maybe it’ll update itself in a few hours 😂

• Haha
After lurking since mid last season the creation of the fantasy league has finally convinced me to join the conversation properly!
V. happy to be here, especially now we have said goodbye to my least favorite driver in red, white, and blue 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 13
After lurking since mid last season the creation of the fantasy league has finally convinced me to join the conversation properly!
V. happy to be here, especially now we have said goodbye to my least favorite driver in red, white, and blue 👋
Welcome ❤ Ohhh I love it when lurkers join 🥰 does @iona.a.smith need to drop ~the list~? 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Welcome ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Lots of people were questioning his seat last season- there was a lot of outrage and fury at him getting it (most of my Twitter feed was angry at the seat)

But yeah, I agree some people are missing point of why he has actually lost his seat. It's not solely because he's Russian (I on principal disagree with someone losing their seat over their nationality which they don't choose) but it is because he is ultimately paying for his seat, and if they can no longer have the sponsor then he no longer has a seat
Tbh I also don't think his dad's allegiances should play a role either- unless Mazepin is actively there supporting his dad and his friends, that's something else you don't choose in life

I am hoping that some of the people under the F1 post are more being sarcastic at the loss of Mazepin (most people liked taking the piss out of how bad his driving was and so from a comedic point of view may be annoyed)

Ultimately would have been better if he had lost his seat cause of how crap of a person he was proven to be last year before he joined Haas
I've been watching the oligarchs actions in the past week. They are either fleeing to the maldives with yachts packed with assets, making drops/transfers in shell company registered jets to off shore banks, selling off to avoid seizure, or in Russia hunkered down with Putin. They have protected weather for years under shell companies and 'sponserships'. There is dirty money in all of it and in the US at least, we've unleashed the dogs to dig it all up. So really any Russian company/oligarch with even a hint of stink is gonna get all their finances combed through and scrutinized.
So basically Haas needed to wash their hands clean of all of it. So did the sponser. I have little doubt it's was a mutual decision and the only person upset is Mazepin. Karma is a witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder if Ferrari is going to drop Kaspersky… aren’t they like one of Ferrari‘s bigger sponsors? If I remember correctly Charles and Carlos even have it on their helmets

I wonder if Ferrari is going to drop Kaspersky… aren’t they like one of Ferrari‘s bigger sponsors? If I remember correctly Charles and Carlos even have it on their helmets
I mean not really. Ethically the could, but there are contracts in place. Kaspersky isn't affiliated with dirty putin money or under sanctions like mazepins dads company.

Reactions: 4
A sentiment to stand by…but welcome to the nosey witches 🎉
My welcome present is the list…

Please consider that there are other things are defos missing from this. It was written in the uni library as a form of procrastination lol

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I mean not really. Ethically the could, but there are contracts in place. Kaspersky isn't affiliated with dirty putin money or under sanctions like mazepins dads company.
No of course not like that but there‘ve been articles that have questioned if Kaspersky is influenced by the government (lovely neutral way to put it) and whether the (cyber) war is going to expose them combined with fears that Russia might use the software for cyberattacks if there is a connection to the government, which is not clear yet. A bit sketchy altogether and it would be a bit of a statement by Ferrari as they really don’t even need their money either, unlike Haas who will massively struggle financially now

Reactions: 7
Welcome to the madness 💙💙

• Heart
Another lurker here also convinced to (attempt!) to join in with following the creation of rhe fantasy F1 league. These threads have kept me giggling through the last however many months through a lot of v stressful work stuff, so hello from me too 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another lurker here also convinced to (attempt!) to join in with following the creation of rhe fantasy F1 league. These threads have kept me giggling through the last however many months through a lot of v stressful work stuff, so hello from me too 😊

• Heart
Welcome ❤ i already love you, you‘ve got DR on your pic 😍😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.