Formula 1 Wags #218. Will Spain end the pain of Carlos' waiting game?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but Lando absolutely needs to work on his race craft, you can’t blame Oscar when landos leaving the door open like that
Trouble is, OP goes through the door, can't keep up with Max and then closes the door on Lando.
Not too worried for a sprint, but they both need to think about it more and over a Grand Prix because it will cost the team over a longer distance.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry, might be unpopular, but why are people still saying DR's car 'needs to be fixed' and that he should be put in the RB instead of Check for one weekend to show what he can do when he just doesn't warrant that opportunity. I feel these opinions are coming from people who don't understand motorsport at all.
DR’s car (& Yuki’s too) BOTH need to be fixed, because the “upgrades” absolutely sucked!
In an attempt to find out why Yuki’s in the pre-upgrade car with some of the new bits, DR’s in the new car with some of the old specs - the team is still experimenting.
Wish they wouldn’t do it when all the speculation about DR’s seat is going on, & all the “twit-perts“ love to blame the driver when anything goes wrong rather than recognise there’s a team of about 1000 people who all need to work together well to be successful.
Personally, I’d love to put ALL the drivers in a Red Bull to see what they could do with it, for about twenty laps each - not during races, though.
That’d be interesting.

Reactions: 4
Trouble is, OP goes through the door, can't keep up with Max and then closes the door on Lando.
Not too worried for a sprint, but they both need to think about it more and over a Grand Prix because it will cost the team over a longer distance.
That’s not really the point though. A racing driver isn’t going to ignore a gap just because they know ultimately they’re slower - the onus is on Lando to not leave the gap in the first place, especially considering he was actually leading, he didn’t just lose out to Oscar. It could just have easily not been his teammate and then there’s nothing they can do

Reactions: 8
100% true
But I don’t think Oscar should not make an overtake just because it might be better for the team in the long-run
If Lando is quicker he can try to overtake back 🤷🏼‍♀️
Just because I like to see overtakes :p

Reactions: 3
That’s not really the point though. A racing driver isn’t going to ignore a gap just because they know ultimately they’re slower - the onus is on Lando to not leave the gap in the first place, especially considering he was actually leading, he didn’t just lose out to Oscar. It could just have easily not been his teammate and then there’s nothing they can do
He just mentioned leaving the door open in his interview so he knows.

Reactions: 6
I totally agree that Lando left the door open and shouldn't, he's just said as much himself.
Racers gonna race, that's fine, but as the season goes on and the championship battles get closer, it's going to be an issue if neither of them learn from and correct their differing mistakes.
No one wants to see team orders, and they both need to improve different things in order to avoid that.

I totally agree that Lando left the door open and shouldn't, he's just said as much himself.
Racers gonna race, that's fine, but as the season goes on and the championship battles get closer, it's going to be an issue if neither of them learn from and correct their differing mistakes.
No one wants to see team orders, and they both need to improve different things in order to avoid that.
Well yeah of course Lando himself knows it’s his fault. I see it in a similar way to how annoying it is that it’s always George in a winning position for Merc, when his race pace and race craft is far worse than Lewis, but that’s not George’s fault, it’s Lewis’ for not qualifying better. Annoying but it is what it is. Ultimately it doesn’t really matter, but I understand your point

Reactions: 2
Obviously Kelly's advice was only an "explanation" why she didn't post anything about last race. As she can't be stopped anymore.
1719658039179.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well yeah of course Lando himself knows it’s his fault. I see it in a similar way to how annoying it is that it’s always George in a winning position for Merc, when his race pace and race craft is far worse than Lewis, but that’s not George’s fault, it’s Lewis’ for not qualifying better. Annoying but it is what it is. Ultimately it doesn’t really matter, but I understand your point
Absolutely.
The issue will come, as I say, if McLaren are close for both titles and the team will inevitably call for Oscar to concede to Lando.
We'll then go through the whole "McLaren mistreats Australians like tit again" and none of us want that!
They both need to reflect and sort it out.

I'm happy to see them both racing and exposing the others' weaknesses, but I don't want it to be at the expense of a title challenge. I've been a McLaren fan for far longer than Lando's been on the earth 🤣

Reactions: 7
Anthony Davidson just agreed with us Louanne re being robbed of a good race and tyres.
This is absolutely true but you can’t manufacture that unfortunately. Tbh I’m confused why Oscar is still struggling so much with tyres. I know it’s only his 2nd season but idk, I expected more by now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.