Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pastafasta

VIP Member
Meanwhile in ex-wag land - Elena unfollowed Esteban, returned to Brazil and posted another hinty hairy male body part 😂
1693636412624.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
Okay what’s annoying me is people on twitter celebrating him unfollowing Michael in the same breath as him unfollowing Zak. I can understand why DR fans would be happy about the latter, as much as I personally think it was undoubtedly the right choice by Zak, it was harsh and all that jazz. But there is absolutely zero proof, at least that I’ve seen, that Michael did anything to Daniel. All this unnecessary speculation is grossly unfair, I mean people are saying Horner told Daniel that Michael was to blame for his weight loss? It’s almost laughable because some fans definitely view F1 like some kind of fantasy fanfiction and it’s really not. No one knows and I doubt we ever will but the way Daniel fans have started acting like he’s the devil incarnate is really weird I’m sorry
Yeah I agree. The whole narrative some Ricciardo fans have painted around the entire scenario is just bizarre and honestly ridiculous. It's always the same group of fans on places like twitter, instagram and tumblr and they always do this - even around the McLaren stuff when it was understandable they were upset he'd been let go, they just made up scenarios that weren't true and still quote them as fact to this day. They do it around Daniel's weight, his mental health, his relationship, all sorts.

It's such a bizarre way to enjoy being a fan of a sportsperson and a sport in general. It's like they really view it as some kind of scripted reality TV show where Daniel's the central character and their desire for drama and making him some kind of downtrodden hero fighting against the cruel world takes precedence over reality and if people are not careful, with the way things spread and become 'facts' on social media it could end up seriously affecting someone's livelihood. Imagine if they were spreading this while Michael was out of work and trying to tout for clients, and people searching for him online came across it?

Last edited:

matto

VIP Member
Speaking of Magui, I'm pretty sure the restaurant she just posted on her stories is in Monaco 🤣
I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of Magui and hearing about her. Her hinty game is annoying and pathetic asf(she's almost as bad as Nilay)

• Haha

fryolyfe

VIP Member
I don't usually like to cite the whole DTS fan thing as people find F1 in all kinds of ways and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with discovering it through Netflix. I do think though that particularly in Daniel's case, an awful lot of this particular type of fan of his came via DTS and the way they have portrayed him has a lot to do with how these fans treat him/talk about him. The show has held him up as a kind of downtrodden ordinary-man hero, constantly having to fight an uphill battle against the big bad world of F1 that is always against him. It makes for a handy narrative for them for the show, especially as Daniel has never met a camera he doesn't love (and I say that as someone who doesn't mind him) but a lot of these fans genuinely think the narrative is true and that they need to protect him in some bizarre way. I really do believe it has a lot of answer for in this case, and no amount of trying to explain the reality of his situations to them works (especially that he had a very large hand in all his issues himself) - they stick their fingers in their ears like 5 year olds going "nah nah I can't hear you" and if reality doesn't suit the victim narrative they want then they create the narrative themselves.

And this constant painting of the victim narrative has led to them quite frankly bullying multiple people through the last few years - they have gone for his ex-teammates, mechanics, engineers, other team members at all of Red Bull, Renault and McLaren and now they're focused on his ex-trainer. They were even sending abusive messages to a vitally important mental health charity at one point just because McLaren have an association with them (a partnership that sprung up in large part as a result of McLaren supporting the very real mental health difficulties that his then teammate and some others on the team had been struggling with back in 2019/20). As I said in another comment earlier, it genuinely worries me that one day this behaviour by this section of his fans is going to harm someone in real life, be it their career or their mental health. Last year, the wife of one of Daniel's mechanics at McLaren begged on twitter for them to stop sending abuse to Tom Stallard (DR's engineer) and his pit crew because the constant stream of it every race weekend across all forms of social media was starting to take a toll on them. It's not a laughing matter.

ETA Just want to add I know it's not all his fans, there are plenty of DR fans who don't behave this way at all, but the group that do are unbelievably loud and prolific.
Spot on 👍 DTS 100% has a role to play in this instance because they made him the star and it massively inflated both his ego and the egos of the people that support him. I feel like a huge part of the reason why I don’t rate him is because of his fans. I’ve never known a bigger victim mentality than the one they have and it honestly just starts to grate

fryolyfe

VIP Member
Okay the hardcore Tifosi definitely take the title for the most pathetic fanbase. Just embarrassingly desperate

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

fryolyfe

VIP Member
I don;t want to speculate. But all friendships combined with work/doing business together that I've seen ending - ended because of money things.
Yeah it’s hard to say it but I would imagine they had somewhat of a disagreement over money. Michael could have felt like he was still owed for this year, obviously depending on whatever their contract stipulated. Tbf Michael was pretty lucky to have got the job at Alpha Tauri because otherwise he’d seemingly have been left completely in the lurch and if that was the case I can see why it would cause friction. But who knows. A real shame though seeing as they weren’t just friends via a job

yukinobambino

VIP Member
Lily today. I know people might comment she is boring and not stylish, but I actually like how "normal" she is.
View attachment 2420780
Fuck anyone who slates her for that. It's refreshing seeing someone dress for practicality for once and not some sponsored, stylist-curated outfit. I think people have this idea of what a WAG should be and she's pretty without any of the artifice.

Last edited:

kiiwiih

VIP Member
I’m so glad I found this place. I feel so much better about being a boomer fucker now that I know I’m not the only one 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart